Server Lag

crazy_alien

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, i cant get my server to stop lagging with any of these extensions... any help? I have a mac, my PC specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

All i want to have is max 10 people on the server at one time really.

crazy_alien

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and i have java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07-334-10M3326)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02-334, mixed mode)

Zach

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys i was hoping i could get some help with speeding up my server too.
Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor 2.3 GHz
Installed memory(ram): 4.00 GB(3.74 GB usable)
System type: 64bit Operating system
Java version "1.6.0_17"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_17-b04
java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode)
If you need any other information or if you can help it would be much aperciated.
Also i plan to run and play on this server with at most 5 other people, we will be running the dw20 mod pack, if theres something i need to upgarde or buy and add to help it run faster I would be interesed in doing that too if its not to expensive.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I just discovered this, can someone please give a tutorial where and what i should change for a
i5 3.33Ghz

I get real pissed that no one has even given the answer, just a god damn commandline!
WHERE DO I PUT THAT!?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
But what is the parameters i need to change so it fits my server, not the other guy's?

Also, i have Mindcrack, not FTB A

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
@tote1015 please post how much ram you have in your system, how may players are on at a time etc
if you have more then 8gig you should just have to change the .jar file name for your install

@crazy_alien minecraft is vary cpu intensive, ftb even more so, i dont think you can get 10 people running smoothly on that server
are you trying to run the client on the same computer?
please run this in the terminal of your mac and post the result
Code:
sysctl -n machdep.cpu.brand_string

the link that nallar posted is beta, it may be vary helpful, but if you dont know what your doing I recommend staying away until its more stable

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
@tote1015 please post how much ram you have in your system, how may players are on at a time etc
if you have more then 8gig you should just have to change the .jar file name for your install

the link that nallar posted is beta, it may be vary helpful, but if you dont know what your doing I recommend staying away until its more stable

I have 16GB ram.
As most there is 3 peple playing including me.
What should i change?

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
give this a try

Code:
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -Xms1G -Xmn1G -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp mindcrack.jar -jar mindcrack.jar

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
give this a try

Code:
java -server -Xincgc -Xmx6G -Xms1G -Xmn1G -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp mindcrack.jar -jar mindcrack.jar

No work, cmd console opens for a millisecond then it closes.
I see something " a fatal exception has occured size specified" in cmd before it closes

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
This is bullshit, obviously some of you have the aknowledge of this, so why not help?
I say its not woking then it all get silent

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
This is bullshit, obviously some of you have the aknowledge of this, so why not help?
I say its not woking then it all get silent

I would like to inform you that reacting the way you do, will not help you get a solution to your issue. I would try adding some respect to your posts first.

Ipzen

Jul 29, 2019
I use this code and all lags dissapear and the game is smooth and nice, But now instead it suddenly takes all my memory.. i have 16 gig ram, and i takes 1-2 hours and then it use it all... Wha the hell can be wrong?

java -Xmx14G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:parallelGCThreads=1 -jar direwolf20.jar nogui -server -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:parallelGCThreads=4

PAUSE

One square is 5 seconds from left to right..
server was running almost 2 hours before this hadppened, Sometimes it takes 30 min.. sometimes it takes 5 hours.

This started to happen after i changed the .BAT file so i guess the problem is there.
But with normal .batfile it lags instead :/
2lj0s3m.png

Ipzen

Jul 29, 2019
first you have
Code:
-XX:ParallelGCThreads
defined twice

add
Code:
-Xincgc
see if that helps

Thanks, Started atleast, Gonna let it run now and see what happens, Gonna let you know if it helps :)

Deleted the first XX:parallelGCThreads=1 and added -zXincgc there instead.

It seems like CPU jumps alot more. but it it still playable without lag

PS: Smilys is just.....

Edit: One hour running now and no errors yes, Looks good so far