Server Lag

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
-Xnoclassgc By default the JVM unloads a class from memory when there are no live instances of that class left, but this can degrade performance. Turning off class garbage collection eliminates the overhead of loading and unloading the same class multiple times.

The concurrent collector is designed for applications that prefer shorter garbage collection pauses and that can afford to share processor resources with the garbage collector while the application is running. Typically applications which have a relatively large set of long-lived data (a large tenured generation), and run on machines with two or more processors tend to benefit from the use of this collector. However, this collector should be considered for any application with a low pause time requirement; for example, good results have been observed for interactive applications with tenured generations of a modest size on a single processor, especially if using incremental mode. The concurrent collector is enabled with the command line option -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC.

the options are based on what the OP found helpful and documentation hosted by oracle
I will agree that the cache size is excessive, but that defines the max size of the cache, allowing the jvm to use as much memory it needs for code without hitting the default limit
there is one "that looks helpful" that will be getting removed.
Given your complaint I will review all the options, I was planning on doing this anyway

Eoin@ClanSlots

Jul 29, 2019
The concurrent collector is the default since java 7, So is the correct ratio, new par gc, the right sse, conmark gc, the parallel gc and half that command line ....

glasspelican

Jul 29, 2019
may of the users who have come here are running java 6
and any commands that are redundant are striped by the command parser

Ipzen

Jul 29, 2019
Finnaly i found my problem.. When a player go to the nether , my server starts to eat my memory.. So probably something there is messing..
So now my problem is.. how the hell do i reset nether? :p

damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Finnaly i found my problem.. When a player go to the nether , my server starts to eat my memory.. So probably something there is messing..
So now my problem is.. how the hell do i reset nether? :p

Delete DIM-1?, but backup first.

benchy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Guys! I tried so many paramters now but i cant get rid of the lag! Can anyone help me?

Specs:
Intel Xeon X5650 @ 2,67GHz
8GB RAM
Windows Server 2008 RC 64bit
Standard 500GB HDD
Java 6 & 7 are isntalled

We use 2-3 Worlds at the same time and we are 10 Players. I Hope you can help me with a good config for the batch file.

Thanks alot!

Vithtir

Jul 29, 2019
I would appreciate some help

Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13Ghz
8GB
Windows 7 64
Java 7.0.110.21 64

240G hard drive

2-4 people play

MikeEvans

Jul 29, 2019
Hi Guys I would love some help please, Im running direwolf20 server on my PC the specs are below and im getting severe lag, could someone please tell me what to write in my file to stop the lag.

Windows 7 64 bit
6gb Ram
AMD 3.01ghz processor
Java Runtime Environment 7

If you need anymore information please let me know. I really need to stop the lag on this server. Oh around 8 people currently play.

Thanks
Mike

Goldarv

Jul 29, 2019
I have lag issues as well my graphics are fine and run smooth, just me or my friends connecting to my server on ftb direwolf20 verses joining standard minecraft our latency shoots up from like 70-90 (standard) up to 500(ftb).
Edit: btw I have 3g dedicated to the server and only 1 to the client. Currently I'm using the same PC to host the game but my friend gets the lag even if I'm not playing, and even with both of us playing the gui for the server says that it has 80-90% free most of the time. I did notice though that I get the "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?" pop-up in the server gui.

Connection:
2462471420.png

Windows 7 64-bit
8gb ram
Q6600 2.4ghz
java version 1.7.0_03 (build 1.7.0_03-b05)
java hotspot 64-bit server VM (build 22.1-b02, mixed mode)

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
@goldarv, your uploadspeed is prob to low. i have seen dw20 / mindcrackpack connections spiking between 500kbit - 1mbit per player
the warning could be alot of things, from alot happening to redstone machines etc.

VictusBcb

Jul 29, 2019
Could I get some help with this? I've got an Intel Core i5 Quad-Core 760 @2.80GHz
16GB of RAM, 64-bit Windows 7 Professional
Java 7u10 / JDK

I've tried other of the command lines people have put in here, but I usually get the same error with java not being able to create the virtual environment.

skwisgaar618

Jul 29, 2019
can u guys write one for me or explain what the settings do?

Quadcore AMD Phenom 2 Black Edition 940 3.02
8 gig mem
Win7 64
Java 7u11

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Once I get home from work I will post better specs on my computer but here is the jist of things. I am using a quad core amd prcoessor, sixteen gigabytes of RAM, two terabyte harddrive, and a graphics card. I am using 32 bit java and running Windows 7 64 bit.

After setting up my server and working out one gigabyte of RAM I find when I log in that I am having so little to no lag that it isn't a problem. When my friend joins he is getting horrible lag to the point that the server is leaving messages about slowing down. Would his ISP be the reason of the lag or would it be mind?

Thanks and will edit once I have more information.

EDIT: Okay here are the edits.

CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Graphic Card: GeFroce GT 630
HDD: 2 TB
External HDD: 2 TB

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2489394730.png

Hope this helps.

damaged

Jul 29, 2019
Hello. Once I get home from work I will post better specs on my computer but here is the jist of things. I am using a quad core amd prcoessor, sixteen gigabytes of RAM, two terabyte harddrive, and a graphics card. I am using 32 bit java and running Windows 7 64 bit.

After setting up my server and working out one gigabyte of RAM I find when I log in that I am having so little to no lag that it isn't a problem. When my friend joins he is getting horrible lag to the point that the server is leaving messages about slowing down. Would his ISP be the reason of the lag or would it be mind?

Thanks and will edit once I have more information.

EDIT: Okay here are the edits.

CPU: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics 3.00 Ghz
RAM: 16.0 GB
Graphic Card: GeFroce GT 630
HDD: 2 TB
External HDD: 2 TB

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2489394730.png

Hope this helps.

Yeah, assuming that that image is of your connection result, your connection is not going to do too well for anyone, even one user, connecting to you over the WAN. You may, MAY be able to play vanilla MC with your one friend with little lag.

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Eeyup. Moved the server to his computer as he has better upload and download. I still lage but that is if I am too far away with too many mobs but if I go still for a bit all works out. Thanks all

KingJakey

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all,

I've been having a few issues with a server I'm running and was wondering if someone may be able to provide a little advice =)

Basically players are experiencing lots of lag, like clicking a chest, and it opens about 5 minutes later.
However when I'm playing, I dont experience any lag whatsoever. The server never seems to log people out, they just cant really do anything... I notice that in my memory usage gradually increases every time they log in by about 60Mb, and doesn't decrease when they log out, logging in and out just sees the usage climb higher and higher.

This never used to happen, its just been within the last few days.
I've tried some of the .bat codes posted earlier, but I seem to just get an error (something about the -server at the beginning) which I read somewhere can be fixed by changing it to -client? but then I get a "please install or use the jre or jdk" message. So at the minute I'm using this: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...-not-working-for-all-users-fix-provided.8661/ Which seems to work but still not get rid of the lag.
I've also tried Tick Threading, but that seems to have not made a difference either =/

I'm running the server separately to the game the server specs are:
Windows 7 - 32 bit
i5 2.67ghz
4gb ram
Java version 1.7.0_05
With about 3-4 of us playing

Connection:
ping 48ms
48mb down
2.2mb up

Anything else? Apologies for the essay there xD

KrzyInuYasha

Jul 29, 2019
First off I want to say thinks for all those with the knowledge of this stuff for helping in this thread. Second after a minor recycler mishap involving 16 recyclers, a bunch of redpower tubes and filters, a tier 5 cow soul shard that was left on for 7 hours, and over 10 million pieces of beef floating around the tubes, my server had just a bit of a lag issue :rolleyes: . Needless to say I started looking for solutions to help speed up the clean up and came across this thread which has helped take it from a 3-4 day clean up to just 12-24 hours.

I found a string that has obviously helped the server run faster, but I am hoping you guys could take a look at it and see if there is any thing I could change to help optimize it just a bit if it can be.

System Specs:
Toshiba Satelite S850-BT2G22

i7-3610QM 2.3 GHz (3.3 GHz w/ Turbo Boost Technology 2.0), 6MB Cache (Qaud core with HT)
16GB DDR3 1600MHz Ram
Java 1.7.0_13
Windows 7 Pro x64

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx8G -Xms2G -Xmn1G -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -oss4M -ss4M -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=4 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -jar ftbserver.jar

There is only 2 of us that play on it so I'm sure 8GB of memory is overkill, how ever I want to make sure no matter what crazy things we build it won't ever be in issue.

forgot to add that I'm running the latest Mindcrack v8.1.1 server on this.