School For RolePlay

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC:

"I see," I say, "but how are we going to get everything out without getting shot, stabbed, strangled or mauled?"

"Let's think about it over breakfast," James says, "I think better on a full stomach."

We sit down at a large table with an ornate tablecloth. The others are already there. Aaron's left the stir fry to one side and is eating some cereal, Eyri's necking it, Deomi's downing glass after glass of water (too much cayenne pepper, maybe?), and both Zan and Arzoth are absent. I tuck into my breakfast, and mull over what I'm going to so next. Bring down the institution? Hang out with the others? More cooking? All of them seem appealing, but I'm leaning towards cooking. Ah, what the hell? I have a recipe book somewhere. I walk back to the kitchen, and open the cupboard. Oh, there we are! Now let's see... Spaghetti bolognese? Too predictable... Tikka masala? Ehh... Stir fry? Just done that... Lamb rogan josh? Oh, yes! Perfect! I think we have everything here, so let's get cooking!

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
IC:

"I see," I say, "but how are we going to get everything out without getting shot, stabbed, strangled or mauled?"

"Let's think about it over breakfast," James says, "I think better on a full stomach."

We sit down at a large table with an ornate tablecloth. The others are already there. Aaron's left the stir fry to one side and is eating some cereal, Eyri's necking it, Deomi's downing glass after glass of water (too much cayenne pepper, maybe?), and both Zan and Arzoth are absent. I tuck into my breakfast, and mull over what I'm going to so next. Bring down the institution? Hang out with the others? More cooking? All of them seem appealing, but I'm leaning towards cooking. Ah, what the hell? I have a recipe book somewhere. I walk back to the kitchen, and open the cupboard. Oh, there we are! Now let's see... Spaghetti bolognese? Too predictable... Tikka masala? Ehh... Stir fry? Just done that... Lamb rogan josh? Oh, yes! Perfect! I think we have everything here, so let's get cooking!
*uses other hand to eat, since his right arm is disabled* You are quite the good cook, Felix.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
*thinks for a bit* Curry?
OOC: Do remember that Will is from an alternate medieval world. He's never been to an equivalent of India or one of those countries around it.
OOC:

He is? Man.

IC:

"Oh, you HAVE to try it! It's from India, or some place around it, I'm not sure. It's an acquired taste, and there are many types of it. Often curry is quite spicy. It's usually a meat, a sauce, rice and sometimes, and this is what I prefer, a dish of potatoes and spinach on the side called sag aloo. I'm making one with lamb meat, it's a good one to start your curry experiences with, as it's not too spicy, and it's almost done!"

I check the time. Coming up to one.

"GUYS!" I shout, "GET YOUR ARSES IN THE DINING ROOM! LUNCH IS ALMOST READY!"

I hear a stampede of feet, and a pitter-patter of two feet behind. That must be Aaron. Someone smacks my behind.

"Thank you, Deomi, lunch will be served now." I say to her.

I hand out the curry bowls and serve up lunch. I then to go to my bedroom, open the drawer and take out book 5 on my series of books on the magical spectrum: Thaumaturgy.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: You haven't read Ranger's Apprentice?
IC:
India? Where is that? *he starts eating it and nods* Are you sure it's from this India? Because, this tastes like a food from Bhāratīya. I've never been there myself but have tasted some of their food. Curry... Oh, you mean Karī! That's why it tastes so familiar.
OOC: I just made up that equivalent now. Bhāratīya is Hindi for Indian. How original.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: James' training will be finished later on, when I sort out life.

IC: James magically (no, literally) appeared behind Felix.
"So, reading a book on thaumaturgy, eh?"
"Jesus Christ, where the hell did you come from, James?!"
"You know, I'm a warlock now. That means... I master all magics."
"Wha-"
"Let me explain. I've been through some weird stuff lately, from being a wolf to talking to Kord to building an oven out of some lead sheets and a wand to effectively discovering Vaarsuvius' gender. Dude, if you need any help, you can ask. Thaumaturgy is the bastard son of Artificery and Sorcery, so you need to master those first. Also, say hello to my puppy. You can call him Grey or Chase, but if you call him Chase, you can either call me Wolf or Franklin."
And a dog/wolf made out of metal breaks in through the window.
"And he's here. C'mon, now go to the more friendly version, Grey."
And the wolf starts taking parts of himself off until he's naught but gears and springs, and starts rebuilding itself to a puppy, now with gray fur.
"Anyway, nice breakfast, even thought I'm not really a big fan of stir fries. I'm more on the 'French bread with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, ham and corn', but mainly because that's the only thing I know how to make."
And he left the room, while Felix was still confused.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
OOC:

No. I haven't. But I will.[DOUBLEPOST=1388258865][/DOUBLEPOST]Artificery? You mean Arcanism?[DOUBLEPOST=1388258926][/DOUBLEPOST]IC:

The fuck...?

Eh, I'll stick to my book for now. I can ask him when I want to build a wand or something.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Arcanism is for arcane stuff in general. Artificery is taking all that arcane stuff and creating Dungeon Punk/Eberron.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, God. Any way I put my opinion on this is going to sound so controlling. Sorry in advance.

I was going by the drawing I put on deviantart back in October, you know, sorcery is more physical, mages have staffs and sigils, Druids were all nature and feral (until Darklord complained), witches are all bubble and boil with their cauldrons, alchemists are more refined versions of witches, wizards use wands, priests are religious magicians, thaumaturges use wands and machines, and arcanism is using magical machines.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
"Arzoth lets go home, we will come back here sometime else!" I jump off the edge of temple "It will take us the home!!!" I land on top of the dining room table and grab a bowl of curry "felix stop cooking your gonna get me fat!!!!!!" I knock on his door "Felix?"

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
"what ya doing felix?" I open the door and walk in, I need to show you something follow me? I take him up to the attic this time the stained glass window is gray

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
"Um... It's a window. A big monochrome window. What's so special about - "

Zan pulls me through the window and we appear in...

Zeek21

Jul 29, 2019
Arzoth: Arzoth jumps off right after zan and lands next to the table looking at the food. "what is this? oh well." Arzoth then digs in eating like the wolf he is, scarfing it down. "Thanks for the food. I'm gonna go on another walk to make sure the perimeter is secure." With that Arzoth heads towards the door and heads towards the edge of the barrier and begins to inspect it.

Kaladin: After resting for two hours he get's back up and stretches. Muscles are extremely stiff. "i need to keep moving" Kaladin conjures up a small walking stick to help and begins to move again. Darkness is drawing near. After for travelling for a few more miles he came upon a house. He sees someone walking around it. Not sure if the man is friend or foe he decides that he will get his attention. "HEY!!! Over here! please help me. i am very tired and escaped from some place. Please help me... Kaladin watches are Arzoth changes to a wolf and walks towards him. Arzoth caught the sent of the institution and knew he was an escapee. Arzoth then morphs back to human and speaks. "There is a ward around this house. i will go notify Zan to allow you through it. Welcome to the group. give me about five mins.

With that Arzoth runs inside "Where is Zan? i need to talk to him. there is another escapee from the institution."

Last edited:

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
"Welcome Felix to the twilight zone, it's perfect for you, shadows everywhere!" He looks around "I like it!" I poke him "test your powers! I leave him to it and walk downstairs hearing my name "what's up?"

Zeek21

Jul 29, 2019
"Zan i need you to let someone threw the barrier. I got his scent and seen his clothes, he is from the institution. will you make the barrier accept him?"
Zan said yes and told arzoth to knock him out. So arzoth walked over and presses on 2 pressure points knocking zan unconscious.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
I enter arzoths body and ask him not to touch my body. I fly over to the edge and enter the strange person darkness in his heart....... I add him to the wards fly back and enter me "he can come in now!"