School For RolePlay

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC

--Fifteen minutes later--

Well, things have happened. Bad things. Terrible, life-threatening things. I have head trauma from a wrench to the head, Lewis has some unknown form of poison coursing through his veins, and we're all being held hostage by a bunch of tentacled people dressed like Dexy's Midnight Runners in 'Come On Eileen'.

Allow me to explain.

In a nutshell, we broke into a room with a machine hooked up to a giant furnace that looked like some kind of reactor. It was burning some kind of mulch, made of dead organic matter. This machine was being maintained by the only other known species that can manipulate the ether. Illithids.

Dungeons and Dragons got them all wrong. They're not evil and sadistic, they have THREE tentacles on their octopus-like heads, and they don't have mind powers. Well, unless they're psychics. Oh, and they seem to have a thing for denim overalls. Something to do with mechanics. They really are just chirping humans with tentacles. Though they do seem do get quite angry when you break into their reactor chamber and kill one of their workers in shock.

And that's where we are now. The fumes from the DOM mulch has made Lewis quite ill, and I got knocked out for a short while due to a wrench making contact with my head violently. And now we're at the mercy at a pyromancer sorcerer Illithid.

Shit.

EDIT: whoops, I forgot I actually described the reactor! Let me just edit this...

Last edited:

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: So, we've been through this and I haven't figured out a single thing to say for Will. Just... Pretend he's helped you during all this. I don't know why I'm in such a block for this roleplay and this roleplay only.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I am having a block in everything but, heck, I've had blocks before and I know how to solve them. Whizz, try changing Will's personality slightly. Go progressively overtime. Add a trait to him. For example, most of us see Will as a bit snarky. Make him so. Mold him, explore new areas. Sometimes changing will lead to a boost in your roleplaying.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: I've had blocks before too. But that does make sense.
IC:
*slow clap* Well done, Felix. You have successfully led us to the perfect situation. How did we get here again, anyway?
OOC: Do remember that everything I type is something he said, except for stuff in Asterisks.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
"Now," I say, "is not the time."

A smoke begins to seep from the tray in the reactor chamber. The pyromancer doesn't seem to notice how it's starting to fill the whole room. It's suddenly sweltering, and the smoke is creeping ever closer.

"Now," I say, "is REALLY not the time."

A screech fills the room. It's so loud that it's quite disorientating. Looking around, I can see that the screaming is coming from the pyromancer Illithid, whose skin is blistered and charred, and shrouded in smoke which is coming our way fast.

The Illithid is suddenly grabbed by the feet by a large clawed hand, and yanked away into the smoke. Seconds later, I hear a slithering sound and scraps of blistered flesh float around in the smoky room. Then, a huge, horned reptilian head jumps out of the smoke and bellows at us.

"DRAGON!" I yell, "RUN!"

We run up the stairs and out the door with. The serpentine creature sprints impossibly well after us, and I, being the last out, shut the door and keep it there until the banging stops. The footsteps get fainter, and I let go of the door.

Deomi is hyperventilating. "A dragon!" She gasps, "a real DRAGON!"

"Calm down, honey," I say reassuringly. I myself am terrified. That was no reactor. That was a dragon incubator. The fumes were being piped from the furnace into the incubator to keep the dragon dormant, but the amount of fumes had to be maintained so the right amount of smoke was in the incubator to keep it asleep. Any more, it would overheat. Any less, it would awaken. I killed the maintenance guy, so the fumes ran out when all the mulch was burned, and the dragon woke up. The fumes were poisonous to humans and Illithids, but only acted as a sedative to the dragon. The door is firmly sealed, so no fumes should get out.

We keep walking, and everyone talks about how shit my town is, and I keep my head low and say nothing.

Last edited:

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: But Will doesn't say any bad words when he talks about how terrible your town is.
IC:
I thought I'd never have to deal with actual sorcery again.

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
"I prefer Scotland!" I start to open the door where the dragon is when Felix shouts at me "are you stupid? You'll either be killed by the dragon or the fumes!"
I turn to him "lest you forget, I can control air and fire! I go in while keeping clear air around me then tell the dragon to get back in and make it fall asleep, and besides he's just hungry!" I grab some meat off the wall and go in a bubble of clean air around me as I swirl one hand. The dragon growls slowly as I step closer then I throw the meat to it.
"Dragon, tell me your name."
"If I tell you my name you will be my master" he looks at the door "can they hear us?"
"Maybe? How old are you dragon?"
I use the other hand to brush the dragon with a flame
"I am only 100"
"That means I am still your master, all dragons are under the control of fire benders until the age of 200" I stomp on the ground rings of fire form around him "tell me your NAme"
"Arendale"
The dragon shrinks until he is the size of a large cat I blow the air away and start walking up te stairs, where the dragon obediently follows.

"Now can we move to Scotland?"

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: What kind of dragon is this? I just may have to butt in and start writing for the RP again :p
Knucker.[DOUBLEPOST=1387526112][/DOUBLEPOST]
OOC: But Will doesn't say any bad words when he talks about how terrible your town is.
IC:
I thought I'd never have to deal with actual sorcery again.
Well, obviously everyone won't say the exact same thing. There will obviously be a slight rephrasing with each person.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
*Is back from holiday*
OOC: To your question about what game I'm getting: You said:
"What game is that? And let me guess, your parents won't let you get anything over 13? So that's why you won't get AC4, or BF4, which are both really good games. Am I right?"
I said:
"Wrong. Also, the game is inFamous. AC4, maybe some other time. BF4, if I was any good at shooters. My Dad pre-bought the latter. He loves BF."
And ED said:
"Heh, the_j485 got told!"

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
"What game is that? And let me guess, your parents won't let you get anything over 13? So that's why you won't get AC4, or BF4, which are both really good games. Am I right?"
I said:
"Wrong. Also, the game is inFamous. AC4, maybe some other time. BF4, if I was any good at shooters. My Dad pre-bought the latter. He loves BF."
And ED said:
I think he's able to go to the NTF and see that for himself.

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I said:
And ED said:
Well, I'm just basing my assumptions on what I already know of you (very sheltered).

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know you guys also used T Y M, and all that kind of stuff...
Teen games. It's rated T in the US, no? Oh wait, Jonny's in Britain. Or is he?[DOUBLEPOST=1387641356][/DOUBLEPOST]Took me a while to find the PEGI rating of inFamous. It's 16.