School For RolePlay

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
IC:

God, I hate it when they call me shadow master. It creates an uninvited feeling of narcissism I don't like.

I dismiss the tall men and keep walking.

SMACK!

"FUCK!" I shout, as I walk into a wall of black brick, weeping red fluid from the cracks. I look around, fully able to see through the smog. It's a huge tower, with a huge glass spherical chamber filled with more red fluid.

Obviously, this is blood. This is the alchemist embassy, built by Johanna, a blood alchemist, in 1961. Blood alchemists practise alchemy experimentally, mixing different chemicals with their own blood, harnessing the properties of a magician's blood. They all die young, but they are very resistant to pain.

Blood alchemy is taboo in the normal world, but this is the shadow realm, and taboo is out of the window.

I find the door, and send a wave of shadows smashing into it. The lobby is empty. I climb up the stairs. Empty. More stairs. Empty. Last floor...

"GAH! *gasp*"

I hear a bubbling, and heavy breathing. I climb the staircase gingerly, and see...

A man. He's dressed in a red, hooded robe with a test tube-like shape sewn into the back. He has a dagger pressed against his arm, the blood dripping into the test tube held in a rack on the table.

He turns sharply, showing his face.

HIM! Long hair, thin eyes, stubble. The British alchemist governor! What is he doing here?

We stare at each other for a while. Staaaaaare... Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...

Suddenly, he raises the dagger to his throat. "THEY WILL NEVER KNOW!" He screams in a strangled, choked voice as he plunges the dagger into his own neck and drowns in his own blood.

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
Weeeell, basically I opened the gates to a dimension of darkness and me, you, in Will's body, and Aaron went in. I found the Alchemist Embassy, and at the top I found out that the British alchemist governor was a blood alchemist, an art which is pretty much banned in the normal world. Oh, and then he went insane from blood loss and killed himself before anyone else found out.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
"James?"
"Yes?"
"The sun is rising."
"And?"
"You know that, as a druid, you're timed in with the nature, isn't it?"
"Really? Bollocks."
"C'mon. Wake up."
James' hand still had lighting around it. It seemed like he had developed his priest abilities. He decided it should stop. And it stopped.
"Now, if you may, choose an animal to change into."
"A wolf."
"Okay, wolf it is. Concentrate on a wolf. Concentrate on what they act like."
James was now a wolf.
"How the-"
He felt an urge to attack the deer that showed up in his front.
Another wolf joined him.
"Okay, I take him through the front and you sneak in while he's distracted."
"Yes, James."
"What's your name?"
"People call me Grey."
The wolf was, of course, grey.
They easily took down the deer.
Then, James was back to human. He sat on the grass.
The wolf lay down around his leg.
"James, I am hurt. He hit me with his horns."
James' instincts led him to a certain plant.
He made a small soup out of that plant, water and some leaves of a fruit tree.
The wolf was now healthy.
"James?"
"Yes?"
"Your instincts are good now."
"And now, I'll join you.
The green of the area changed into orange.
"Arcanist?"
"Yes. Sleep. Everything needs to rest, and fix his gears."
"I'm not a machine."
"The world is a machine. We just need to find its power source. Your is Deomi and Sally."
"How did you-"
"We know everything."
"Sure. I'll sleep now, I'm tired."
The wolf into mechanical.
"James?"
"Yes, Grey?"
"I'll follow you until the end of your life."
"Ok."
Druids were quick.
They were free.
Life was good.
James slept.

OOC: Yes, this was supposed to be fast. And James is going to get one characteristic of each kind of magic. Lightning hand and turning darkness into light from priests, instincts, ability to turn into a wolf and make makeshift medicine from druids. Also Grey.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
IC:

God, I hate it when they call me shadow master. It creates an uninvited feeling of narcissism I don't like.

I dismiss the tall men and keep walking.

SMACK!

"FUCK!" I shout, as I walk into a wall of black brick, weeping red fluid from the cracks. I look around, fully able to see through the smog. It's a huge tower, with a huge glass spherical chamber filled with more red fluid.

Obviously, this is blood. This is the alchemist embassy, built by Johanna, a blood alchemist, in 1961. Blood alchemists practise alchemy experimentally, mixing different chemicals with their own blood, harnessing the properties of a magician's blood. They all die young, but they are very resistant to pain.

Blood alchemy is taboo in the normal world, but this is the shadow realm, and taboo is out of the window.

I find the door, and send a wave of shadows smashing into it. The lobby is empty. I climb up the stairs. Empty. More stairs. Empty. Last floor...

"GAH! *gasp*"

I hear a bubbling, and heavy breathing. I climb the staircase gingerly, and see...

A man. He's dressed in a red, hooded robe with a test tube-like shape sewn into the back. He has a dagger pressed against his arm, the blood dripping into the test tube held in a rack on the table.

He turns sharply, showing his face.

HIM! Long hair, thin eyes, stubble. The British alchemist governor! What is he doing here?

We stare at each other for a while. Staaaaaare... Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaare...

Suddenly, he raises the dagger to his throat. "THEY WILL NEVER KNOW!" He screams in a strangled, choked voice as he plunges the dagger into his own neck and drowns in his own blood.
*stares for a while* Who was that? Who are they?

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
"I'm guessing," I say slowly, "that that was the alchemist governor for Britain. And he killed himself."

Will's eyes are wide. He doesn't respond.

"And I'm guessing that 'they' are the British Magician's Government. They have no access to here. Only the Alchemist did because he practised in the morbid arts. They don't know about this place. They'll never know what happened to him, where he went, whether he'll come back... The shadows have him now..."

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
"I'm guessing," I say slowly, "that that was the alchemist governor for Britain. And he killed himself."

Will's eyes are wide. He doesn't respond.

"And I'm guessing that 'they' are the British Magician's Government. They have no access to here. Only the Alchemist did because he practised in the morbid arts. They don't know about this place. They'll never know what happened to him, where he went, whether he'll come back... The shadows have him now..."
What if we told them?

Darklord__

Jul 29, 2019
(the listing for zan is outdated, we now know that he is a son of those who first got in touch with the old god to bring magic to earth)

ThatsAPaddling

Jul 29, 2019
"Are you kidding?" I say, "I'm already in the Priest Governor's bad books, you really think it would be a good idea to inform them that their medic was a blood alchemist and killed himself?"

"Medic?" Will asks.

"Potions. He makes healing potions, strength potions, poison serums, everything!"

"Ah."

"But yeah, the Priestess is not very happy at the best of times. The first person to get the blame will most probably be me. I can't do it..."[DOUBLEPOST=1384032885][/DOUBLEPOST]OOC: Also, I request a change of personality for Felix since the signal was cut out of his back.

Personality: Kind, doubtful, slightly paranoid but tries to stay classy when he can.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
"Are you kidding?" I say, "I'm already in the Priest Governor's bad books, you really think it would be a good idea to inform them that their medic was a blood alchemist and killed himself?"

"Medic?" Will asks.

"Potions. He makes healing potions, strength potions, poison serums, everything!"

"Ah."

"But yeah, the Priestess is not very happy at the best of times. The first person to get the blame will most probably be me. I can't do it..."[DOUBLEPOST=1384032885][/DOUBLEPOST]OOC: Also, I request a change of personality for Felix since the signal was cut out of his back.

Personality: Kind, doubtful, slightly paranoid but tries to stay classy when he can.
OOC: Quick question for Darklord, what part of the Spectrum is Zan's aunt?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: I'm trying to separate the story into story arcs:
Angel-Demon War Arc
Reunion Arc
Sector 4 Arc
Government/Training Arc.

Anything else?

Reactions: the_j485

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
OOC: I'm trying to separate the story into story arcs:
Angel-Demon War Arc
Reunion Arc
Sector 4 Arc
Government/Training Arc.

Anything else?
OOC: I think that's great. But change the last to something like Shadow or Magic arc because we are now all involved in magic one way or another and most are in the shadowlands.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Magic has always been present, but now you are in the British government of magic and James having his training, so...