Safe (No Vulgarity) Server Idea. Good or bad idea?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
*Introductions*
Introduce yourself here!

Hi, Lambert210791 here:

Lambert210791: Hi, I'm Lambert210491, and I'm new to FTB, and I like to ride in carts on the beach in the sunset. Also, I am not affiliated with the handsome and talented Lambert2191, never heard of the devilishly handsome being before who's so good at FTB. So if you ban me for getting in an argument with any poor naive fools, don't ban him, thank you very much.

Lambert2191: I like this guy! :D

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
In numerical/textual format, either way is acceptable as you aren't going to confuse "21st" with "July". But the BIG issue is, well, I'll let XKCD do the talking for me: http://xkcd.com/1179/
so we have a perfectly good date system, then the yanks change it to a retarded one because... idk they wanted to be different? and then like 100 years later the ISO comes along and because the yanks are too stubborn to realise their system is retarded, they make up another retarded system and try (and fail) to get us both to use it?
nah, Day Month Year. The only logical way to write the date and the only way I will ever write the date. :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
XXI-VII-CMMCXI
Okay...is that last one 1991?
M is 1000, so subtracted by 100 is 900, and 900+1000 is 1900. Then the other 100, but I can subtract 10 from it, so 1990. Then I for one.

Right? :eek:

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
nah, Day Month Year. The only logical way to write the date and the only way I will ever write the date. :)

Then I really hope that you write your time as Second Minute Hour, and put it as Second Minute Hour Day Month Year. Although that'd be HORRIBLE for sorting files alphabetically.

Year Month Day Hour Minute Second is what I'd consider optional within the specified system. What I'd REALLY like would be if we renamed the months to all start with a different letter (hopefully in alphabetical order) so we'd never have a situation where the month and day would have overlapping possibilities.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
What if the units of time went by 10s and we used...fancy science stuff... to make the rotation of the earth take exactly 100 or 1000 days?

METRIQUE

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
What if the units of time went by 10s and we used...fancy science stuff... to make the rotation of the earth take exactly 100 or 1000 days?

METRIQUE

I've actually done the math on this, and it isn't worth the amount of energy it'd take to speed up the Earth's orbit to get it to 100 days. 1000 days is closer to worth it, but in actuality the best solution is to decentralize the human population from a single planet, and then utilize a metric time system in a situation where you are no longer on a planet, ergo time no longer has a physical meaning and is merely a structured aspect of your life.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
what would be more logical when it comes to counting would be to use the dozenal system (look it up on the channel numberphile on youtube, I would but am on my phone atm)

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Umm, this thread has completely spiraled out of control and is no longer about the server, even though the server details are all ready.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
As a weird a side like Lambert my nick is my name. But as my name is fairly rare I normally don't have to add any numbers to it in most places.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
As a weird a side like Lambert my nick is my name. But as my name is fairly rare I normally don't have to add any numbers to it in most places.
your name is cool :D tbh if I wanted to use my first name as my ign I'd have no bother. tbh, if one follows DW20 on facebook you'll probs be able to guess who I am and know exactly why I'd have no problem :p[DOUBLEPOST=1362184363][/DOUBLEPOST]
Umm, this thread has completely spiraled out of control and is no longer about the server, even though the server details are all ready.

better? :)

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
This video contains content from MOVIECLIPS, Warner Chappel and Sony ATV Publishing, one or more of whome have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
I've actually done the math on this, and it isn't worth the amount of energy it'd take to speed up the Earth's orbit to get it to 100 days. 1000 days is closer to worth it, but in actuality the best solution is to decentralize the human population from a single planet, and then utilize a metric time system in a situation where you are no longer on a planet, ergo time no longer has a physical meaning and is merely a structured aspect of your life.
And...we CAN change the Earth's orbit? :eek:
*earth goes too fast and leaves the sun's gravity*
*earth goes too slow and is engulfed by the sun*

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently, you can watch this video in Ireland, but I cannot. I live in America.
DW20 is from America though...

try a different browser maybe? idk... sucks for you
This video contains content from MOVIECLIPS, Warner Chappel and Sony ATV Publishing, one or more of whome have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
And...we CAN change the Earth's orbit? :eek:
*earth goes too fast and leaves the sun's gravity*
*earth goes too slow and is engulfed by the sun*
equal and opposite force, every time you jump you affect the earths orbit/rotation (by the tiniest tiniest tiniest fraction) then you reset it by that same amount when you land :)
quick side note: I just realised that this thread went from being about religion to science...

SCIENCE WINS AGAIN BIOTCHEZ!!!!