Safe (No Vulgarity) Server Idea. Good or bad idea?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
As some may know, I am a Christian. EDIT: (Sorry, let me clarify, I am a protestant) I am greatly distressed by all the bad words I hear in the everyday MC/FTB community. So, I am thinking of starting a collaborative city server named ChristianCraft. It would be a server with special rules: No bad words, no bad jokes. For those of you that do not know what Christians EDIT: Protestants are opposed to, think of what children under 18 are not allowed to hear or see. It would be a survival server where we make a city, except bad word free. We will be making an industrial city, with some magic mixed in also. We would have a large Cathedral in the middle. What do you guys think? I know that there are Christian MCers out there, hiding their faces. How does this sound to you? EDIT: BTW, I do not want this to become a religious debate. Just asking for opinions on the idea of a vulgarity-free server. Also, I need a pretty server name that describes vulgarity-free city server, if anyone has any ideas. All this is outdated. This idea has changed somewhat: It will be a collaborative city server named Haven of Light. Vulgarity-Free, Family-Friendly. I have finally gathered enough ideas to somewhat make a good description, as mentioned on the first post of the 8th page. The city will be Futuristic, Elven-Style City. If you don't know what Elven Cities look like, search Elven Cities on Google Images. It will have buildings attached to mountains, as you see on the pictures. Rules and ultimate description are on the post previously mentioned, first post, 8th page.
Whizz​

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I'm this Guswut on this. I am sure there is people that would go for that. A Christian only server would be much like a Bronie only server. Not everyone fits into that userbase but there is a lot that would and would most likely enjoy having like minded people around.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, I don't want to pay for a server if I don't know if there are any who would want it. That is why I posted this first.[DOUBLEPOST=1361837064][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm this Guswut on this. I am sure there is people that would go for that. A Christian only server would be much like a Bronie only server. Not everyone fits into that userbase but there is a lot that would and would most likely enjoy having like minded people around.
I mean not just for Christians, but for people who don't like to hear bad words and jokes.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is, I don't want to pay for a server if I don't know if there are any who would want it. That is why I posted this first.

Then hit up the server forums. That is where most people looking for a server will be looking.

Personly I got nothing to say about what the Christian userbase does or does not want out of MC as I myself am a Deist.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Putting the word Christian in there is wrong, in that case. I wouldn't join a server that claimed affiliation with any religion.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019

I'm glad that you're this Guswut on this, too. Hahah. I would add a winking face to make sure the understanding that I was joking was, well, understood, but the winking faces are slightly (ok, more than slightly) creepy.

The problem is, I don't want to pay for a server if I don't know if there are any who would want it. That is why I posted this first.[DOUBLEPOST=1361837064][/DOUBLEPOST]
I mean not just for Christians, but for people who don't like to hear bad words and jokes.

You may want to, if you have not already, search through the whitelisted server forums (MindCrack and DireWolf20) for "kid friendly" servers. There are mods that allow you to add censoring of vulgarity, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a server that is set up how you want it set up.

Putting the word Christian in there is wrong, in that case. I wouldn't join a server that claimed affiliation with any religion.
Not even a server set up around the teachings of Lovecraft, worshiping Cthulhu? Heh heh heh.

I'm Catholic, but have no interest in whole-server planned collaborative builds or pussyfooting around anyone's fragile sensibilities. Good luck to you, though.
I agree, but I can understand that there will be people that disagree, and so there will surely be a userbase. It may not be tapped yet, though, if it is small enough so setting up a server for that userbase may be useful.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
You may want to, if you have not already, search through the whitelisted server forums (MindCrack and DireWolf20) for "kid friendly" servers. There are mods that allow you to add censoring of vulgarity, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a server that is set up how you want it set up.
I mean a city server. None of the city servers I find are ever vulgarity free. And anyway, TeamSpeak servers. No vulgarity blocking there.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
If your just looking for PG-13 servers then Yeah there is totaly a userbase for that. There are many that do that now. If you do go make a server I would suggest whitelisting and a vary clear set of rules for banning users. That way you get like minded players.

Reactions: Lambert2191

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... O...K...? Are you assuming everyone knows?
No, but nor do you. EVERYONE is different, every denomination of your religion is different. Protestants are opposed to different things than Catholics etc etc etc (etc etc... you have a LOT of denominations)
It's a very foolish thing to mention religion on the internet... it will never ever end well...

Captain Neckbeard

Jul 29, 2019
I agree, but I can understand that there will be people that disagree, and so there will surely be a userbase. It may not be tapped yet, though, if it is small enough so setting up a server for that userbase may be useful.
Oh, definitely. I just felt the need to throw in a chip from the Christian side that wasn't dead-set against vulgarity because it's vulgar and think of the children. Because this is the internet, and on the internet kneejerk reactions to lockstep biblethumping turns into a shitspiraling trollfrenzy real quick.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Umm... O...K...? Are you assuming everyone knows?

He can be sort of trolly at times. Hes ok just well relgion is one of them topics easy to troll no mater what side of the fence your on. I belive he was taking the open needed statement about the known belifes as an open door to start some sort of debate. He chose not to which I think was the good thing to do. But he felt to need to bring attention to it anyways. So don't take the bait just let it go.

Otherwise. I got some popcorn for the on lookers until the thead it locked

arkangyl

Jul 29, 2019
You'll probably have the best luck getting something like this organized in a religious setting. On most forums you'll get as many trolls as anything trying to bother your experience, and I'm betting that's not what you're interested in. Maybe get together with people from your church/school/whatever who would be interested, and start small. As your network grows to friends of friends, you can usually get a decent sized troll-free group of FTB'ers together. And as always, when a community has set standards, whitelisting is your friend.

Reactions: Guswut

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
It's a very foolish thing to mention religion on the internet... it will never ever end well...

Unfortunately, I'll have to agree with this. I hope the FTB community will retain civility here, but I predict it won't. Ah, yes, Neckbeard sort of beat me here.

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst I agree that there might be a userbase for vulgarity free servers, I do oppose of labelling, and making it an "x-religion" server, or "server for x religion!" is a little too much like real life for me.

No offense to religious people of course.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
He can be sort of trolly at times. Hes ok just well relgion is one of them topics easy to troll no mater what side of the fence your on. I belive he was taking the open needed statement about the known belifes as an open door to start some sort of debate. He chose not to which I think was the good thing to do. But he felt to need to bring attention to it anyways. So don't take the bait just let it go.

Otherwise. I got some popcorn for the on lookers until the thead it locked
lol get out of my head XD

I used to be the kind to mercilessly rip into people for their beliefs, butttt I have very much moved away from that, still get the urges though :p

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I do oppose of labelling, and making it an "x-religion" server, or "server for x religion!" is a little too much like real life for me.
In that case, does anyone have a name for a vulgarity-free server that describes vulgarity-free with a pretty word?