RotaryCraft themed pack.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
k. Finally got a quaint 4steam engine to industrial coil setup. Got the coil charged and outputted it to a grinder to get lubricant. My end goal is to get the hydrokenetic engines up and running everything as best a s possible. I'll play around with the engines tonight to see what I can do. That being said, what happens when the grinder your powering is pushing lubricant to a full reservoir, output pipe is full, and the Grinder is full of processed lubricant? Does it lock up? If it does, do the engines keep running, do they stop, do they blow because they are turning a machine that is no longer able to do anything?

In TE the dyno just slows to a stop. In BC, you have gates that can auto regulate powering or not. In RoC there are clutches, but it doesn't appear to be anything of a self regulating clutch or anything, right?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
That being said, what happens when the grinder your powering is pushing lubricant to a full reservoir, output pipe is full, and the Grinder is full of processed lubricant? Does it lock up? If it does, do the engines keep running, do they stop, do they blow because they are turning a machine that is no longer able to do anything?
Nothing. The engine continues to run unaffected.

In RoC there are clutches, but it doesn't appear to be anything of a self regulating clutch or anything, right?
Machines output their state to comparators, which can be used to shut down an ECU.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
lol... Homie the clown don't play. Don't neglect your toys. I was charging a coil and went for a short mine trip that ended up being a moderate mine trip. Came back, and a small nuke went off in my base. I'm somewhere inbetween
rageguy2.jpg
and
epic_face_edit_by_jtag_avid3kwm4w.jpg

Reactions: Padfoote and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I can't think of anything in modded MC offhand that is quite as destructive as a neglected industrial coil. IC2 nuclear reactor explosion maybe? I forget.

I built a charging-station beside my base, with a safety mechanism to stop charging at 90%. And then I walled that in with the most blast-resistant blocks I could find because I didn't trust my own safety mechanism.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
IC2 Nuke reactor melt down changes the block ids of a 3 chunk radius to Block ID 0. That's impressive.

Reactions: Pyure

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I can't think of anything in modded MC offhand that is quite as destructive as a neglected industrial coil. IC2 nuclear reactor explosion maybe? I forget.

I built a charging-station beside my base, with a safety mechanism to stop charging at 90%. And then I walled that in with the most blast-resistant blocks I could find because I didn't trust my own safety mechanism.
IC2 reactors are far more destructive.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Tungsten is gotten from redstone ore. Other than having a silktouch pick, how does one get redstone ore?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Tungsten is gotten from redstone ore. Other than having a silktouch pick, how does one get redstone ore?

Anything that can silk touch (Digital Miner, enchanted Q+). If you update to v25, however, you get tungsten from running iron ore through an extractor.

Reactions: Not_Steve

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Oh sorry... I on purpose didn't include anything other than reika stuff, bc, and rc.[DOUBLEPOST=1407706053][/DOUBLEPOST]But if the new version has it from iron ore, that's cool too.