RotaryCraft themed pack.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I am not certain on that as my personal pack of "Reika's mods + random things I want to include" doesn't have Railcraft this go round.

This change probably didn't get noted in-book because it was part of the v24 pile of stuff and the book is still catching up on that stuff (e.g. Magnetostatic tiering, etc.). I usually pay a daily visit to Reika's changelogs here, which is where I got that from in the first place, but that's also because for my SSP run I'm staying on the bleeding edge with those mods.
No its fine to go through roc's tech tree... Just that there is a mechanical way to convert from BC to RoC to IC2 or anything like that.[DOUBLEPOST=1406907068][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now that, I had no idea... Wished that was in the book. very cool to know though. does that RoC Coal Coke equate to railcraft coal coke?
Code:
  <blastfurnace>
     <desc>
       The blast furnace is the main way to make steel.
Simply supply carbon (in the form of coal or coke) at the left, gunpowder at the bottom-left, sand in the top-right, and fill any or all of the middle nine slots with iron ingots.
Heat the machine to %dC to start the alloying process. The machine will operate more efficiently with coke and with more slots full of iron.
The coal is not fuel - an external heat source is required. This machine is also used to make bedrock ingots.
To make that, put 4 bedrock dust in the left, one steel ingot in the top-left of the grid, and heat the machine to 1000C.
     </desc>
     <note>
       Steel Requirements: Coal/coke in left slot, gunpowder in bottom-left, sand in top-left, iron in middle slots

Bonuses: Chance increases as the number of filled slots rises, max 50 percent
       Max bonus size: Increases as the number of filled slots rises, max 100 percent

XP per steel ingot: %.2f
     </note>
   </blastfurnace>

v24 is old. Update.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
its cool... I imagine R's already moved on to 1.7 stuff and concentrating on that anyway.... don't go far lol.[DOUBLEPOST=1406910420][/DOUBLEPOST]
Code:
  <blastfurnace>
     <desc>
       The blast furnace is the main way to make steel.
Simply supply carbon (in the form of coal or coke) at the left, gunpowder at the bottom-left, sand in the top-right, and fill any or all of the middle nine slots with iron ingots.
Heat the machine to %dC to start the alloying process. The machine will operate more efficiently with coke and with more slots full of iron.
The coal is not fuel - an external heat source is required. This machine is also used to make bedrock ingots.
To make that, put 4 bedrock dust in the left, one steel ingot in the top-left of the grid, and heat the machine to 1000C.
     </desc>
     <note>
       Steel Requirements: Coal/coke in left slot, gunpowder in bottom-left, sand in top-left, iron in middle slots

Bonuses: Chance increases as the number of filled slots rises, max 50 percent
       Max bonus size: Increases as the number of filled slots rises, max 100 percent

XP per steel ingot: %.2f
     </note>
   </blastfurnace>

v24 is old. Update.
it was the latest 1.6.4 from your website.

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
rotarycraft themed pack could be an interesting and frustrating spin on the usual gregtech themed hardmode packs. I support it.

also @Reika, y u no ts?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
rotarycraft themed pack could be an interesting and frustrating spin on the usual gregtech themed hardmode packs. I support it.

also @Reika, y u no ts?
I definitely believe it has potential to be much more useable and compatible than IC2 if not GT. In the least should make for a fun theme pack if it isn't in a main pack. I mean, RoC, Pnuematic craft, BM and/or Botania.... that could be for a great new style theme pack.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I was going off of what Vauthil said.
Oh no, I'm running 25g, I just don't double-check the manual for much -- especially as more data's gone into your tooltips -- and check your changelogs instead. Also, checking right now wasn't feasible since I broke my current world when having an issue with AppEng/ExtraCells busting over a HashMap$EntryIterator foof with an iteration on the Ore Dictionary (something really silly I did with a pattern...). Was just pointing out for them that the coal coke addition was a v24 thing and that if anything the changelogs tell when you do that kind of stuff if the manual doesn't have it spelled out quite yet.

I check your changelog page daily for updates and suggest others do too, if they aren't shackling themselves to something like Monster. Personally I prefer running your stuff with a more agile complementary mod list. I'm on the edge of my seat looking for what keybounce has popped out, as he's sufficiently hardnosed enough that I may have fun with it, but otherwise I'll keep on trucking as long as you're putting out versions. ;)

Edit for disclaimer: I'm even more incoherent than normal ATM. It's my quarterly "your immune system sucks, enjoy the plague!" bout. Apologies for the meandering. =)

Last edited:

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I hoe the ground, its hydrated (which shouldn't matter), but it won't plant when I right click on some places, but it will on others and there is no pattern. I went back to it about 5 or 10 minutes later and I can. Just weird...

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
lol railcraft bad idea block, but it's a forge "bug". sure...
https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft-IssueTracker/issues/79[DOUBLEPOST=1406983221][/DOUBLEPOST]Never saw this before but I have stayed within the safety of the pack or universal configs since I started. this is my first attempt outside the warm blanket of FTBdefaults. anywho, googling a solution seems to elude to setting the hidden block Id to 0?

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Never saw this before but I have stayed within the safety of the pack or universal configs since I started. this is my first attempt outside the warm blanket of FTBdefaults. anywho, googling a solution seems to elude to setting the hidden block Id to 0?

Yes, set it to 0. That's how the universal configs are as well.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
lol railcraft bad idea block, but it's a forge "bug". sure...
https://github.com/CovertJaguar/Railcraft-IssueTracker/issues/79[DOUBLEPOST=1406983221][/DOUBLEPOST]Never saw this before but I have stayed within the safety of the pack or universal configs since I started. this is my first attempt outside the warm blanket of FTBdefaults. anywho, googling a solution seems to elude to setting the hidden block Id to 0?
Yes, set it to 0. That's how the universal configs are as well.
Or just disable that part of the Trackman Goggles in the config...

Reactions: Padfoote

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
K. So I'm trying to stay within RoC this whole playthrough... I'm having trouble mapping out how to begin the power/processing tech tree. The ac gen I can make... but it can't power anything. The goal I think is grinding to atleast get lub going. Generally speaking what's the first generator to start powering a grinder?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
K. So I'm trying to stay within RoC this whole playthrough... I'm having trouble mapping out how to begin the power/processing tech tree. The ac gen I can make... but it can't power anything. The goal I think is grinding to atleast get lub going. Generally speaking what's the first generator to start powering a grinder?
Usually steam engines via a worm gear or 4 of them chained to junctions. The latter has something like 4 times the steel cost, but is somewhat faster processing.

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Thinking I might need the worm... I might start there then move to the chain later.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You could use a gas engine