rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
Downloads of the current world are only available when the world has "ended" and Rhn (we) have moved onto a different pack. It has always been this.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Downloads of the current world are only available when the world has "ended" and Rhn (we) have moved onto a different pack. It has always been this.
Well, that is not technically true. I have before uploaded saves periodically throughout the worlds lifespan. I have just deleted the old ones as newer ones were available.

Reason why I have not done it so far with this world is that there have always been something that was unfinished or in progress. And it requires me to spend some time setting everything up. I need to put something together so people can recreate the instance, but without sharing too much of someone elses creation(modpack, mods and so on).

If I have some time, energy and feel I can be bothered at some point, I will put a download together. It will probably be very large however, the save is currently around 3GB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Middleclaw

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Well, that is not technically true. I have before uploaded saves periodically throughout the worlds lifespan. I have just deleted the old ones as newer ones were available.

Reason why I have not done it so far with this world is that there have always been something that was unfinished or in progress. And it requires me to spend some time setting everything up. I need to put something together so people can recreate the instance, but without sharing too much of someone elses creation(modpack, mods and so on).

If I have some time, energy and feel I can be bothered at some point, I will put a download together. It will probably be very large however, the save is currently around 3GB.
Understandable. I just wanted to be able to see some of the buildings up close to get some more inspiration for designs twas all. Looking forward to what you put out next.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Just wanted to check in with some news.

I have just begun at Uni again and meanwhile I am also in the middle of moving to my new apartment. So everything will be on hold for a while. Workload at uni etc. will most likely also mean reduced time for Minecraft, so expect less content in this thread.
The world downloads might be down for a few days while I move the server and get internet sorted. I have not forgotten about world save for the current project, but other things take priority atm ;)

Reactions: JaRyCu

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Back for another update.

I have been completely swamped in work at Uni and other things, so haven't had much time to even think about Minecraft.
Having reached a well needed holiday, I have had a bit of time to deal with a few things though.

World saves from the various playthroughs, including the current world, are now available again: Gone!
I also added the link on the first page of this thread, and I will try to keep that up to date. Not going to have time to go through the whole thread to fix links :p

The current save should work just like the previous. I cannot share the entire pack, I did not create it, but there should be sufficient information in the downloads to recreate it. A lot of things around the world might not be working. I used a bunch of "Online Detectors" linked to my player. So if you want machinery etc. to work, you might need to hunt those down.

I might try and get in a few hours of building this week. Been a while since I played though, so might need to simply catch up first :p

Last edited:
S

SBlack08

hey rhn, from what mod are the things on the pictures?

TJ0Rzfh.jpg
V3qh0j2.jpg

masterx244

Jul 29, 2019
noticed that 3.3f from nuts & bolts isn't available on technic launcher anymore, only up to 3.3d
Also: adding the filelist as a text-list, too would make comparing the files easier for some ppl

Edit2: Reika's mods (Rotarycraft, chromaticraft and Electricraft aren't obtainable in your version)

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Not quite dead yet!

Been really busy and not had a lot of time for minecraft over the last many months. But on occasion, like holidays etc. I have managed to sneak in a few hours. I haven't had time and energy to investigate newer packs/mods, so simply been trying to finish up the old Nuts and bolts world. I don't like leaving a build unfinished either, so suits me fine.

There is now quite a bit of a backlog of things that I have not posted. I will try and find time to maybe post the best bits(are people still interested in old 1.7.10 stuff??). For now a little peek at a little purely cosmetic side project.

Taint research expedition:
XD7PkhT.png

Defence perimeter
e6flQ2r.png

Researchers managed to create portable devices capable of repelling the taint. Apparently it is based on some magical plant...

Vtol gunships for air support:
dZc6pCy.png

Lookouts and modular labs:
8ek4Jv1.png

All the buildings are based on the modular transport container format, so they can be transported by Vtol, truck and ship. Labs and barracks can fold out to create more space.

XCeAXCe.png

5tDTsMm.png

Power generation:
6Yxcwgj.png

Barracks:
4C9SEAk.png

Entire build serves no purpose other than offering quick transport to the only tainted lands discovered(10000+ blocks away from base). Just a bit of fun/immersion ;)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Dude!!! :) great to see you back! I was perusing this thread just the other day - it really inspired me, and finally got me past my builder’s block! Great stuff :D

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
More it is then.

Flight control at the top of the mountain:
TJqnnzP.png

Radar dome and observation deck:
P0i15NA.png

Inside:
qy2axp3.png

Pretty crazy worldgen due to RTG and Streams:
xjiQzfU.png

Marked various features to show how the parts of the bunker are all scattered throughout the mountains. The tip of the domes antenna is at max build height. The stream down at the bottom is almost at sea level.
The flight control is accessed through the "Staff only" walkway in the airport, tunnel/walkway to the right peak, and a looong elevator ride up.

Wider shot of the mountain:
y0Mesf5.png

Inside the bunker I have cleaned up a few lab/&workshops:
yobyRyA.png

MYDNmI8.png

AE Inscribers and growth chamber, carpenters, thermionic fabricators, auto chisels, conversion and autostock of various alternative metals, manual crafting stuff etc.

Lasers:
CabxfsH.png

In a more WIP section, IC2 nuclear reactors and fuel processing:
DIbY1Tj.png

Various nuclear fuel processing disguised as different multiblock machines. "Computer" for the isolated nuclear fuel network.

Uranium reactors:
UCLEyAJ.png

I forgot, but think there is 20 single chamber reactors inside.

MOX-fuel reactor:
M8CGvzV.png

HtM6eml.png

The reactor is inside the glowing cube in the middle.

Behind the MOX reactor, a new WIP foundry:
JQSQ0EU.png

"Powered" by the MOX reactors heat :p

YNGmanH.png

I have hid 4 TiCo smelters inside, which I intend to automate for making gears and various metal bits.

PM9g13R.png

Depositing of raw metals/scrap for the foundry:
cQy9G4x.png

Also shown is the old metal rolling plant(disguised RC Rolling machines), now with a proper source for the molten metal ;)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
How do you stay inspired for your builds?
Kinda have to answer that in two parts:
  • I take most of my inspiration from real life, which also sets a limit to my imagination I think(I am no good with more fantastic/cartoonish/anime style builds, as my brain screams at me: "That would never work!!!"). I am nuts for figuring out how things work and are done. So when I build stuff I draw on that knowledge, and then adds a few twists to make it futuristic/scifi/magical. I find that I prefer designs that are based in reality and obeys common physical laws(like proper dimensioning and support for things), combined with the laws I have set for the builds futuristic/magic theme(futuristic materials, anti gravity, magic).
  • As for continuing to come up with ideas and designs for things? I am a bit autistic that way, in that I cannot help it. When I get ideas from opportunities in game, watching movies, playing games etc. , my brain keeps developing those ideas over months or years. So an idea I got back at the start of the world might have been in the works continuously since then, and it is only now that it all came together. I also have something like 3 big ideas for future worlds brewing in my head currently, with various designs being fleshed out slowly. And I don't even know if I am going to have time to play more worlds :p I also seem to have a very visual thought process, so 3D structures comes very natural to me. I kinda wish I had some sort of artistic skills, so I could better realise many ideas. But I don't, so Minecraft will have to do :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Reposting what i said earlier: was unable to get your modlist to run. got a clientcrash only instead
Sadly there is not a whole lot I can do about that sorry. I don't have ownership of the modpack or the mods themselves, and sharing out of date mods that the author have taken down would be quite wrong.
If people can get it running in some way, then great. If not then that is just too bad ;(

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
New slaughter house:
Xwr9OkY.png

Purely built to contain a Powered spawner and killer Joe combo:
WDc0NzP.png

Got tired of derpy breeding mechanics, so just went with Powered Spawners for pigs, cows, sheep and chickens.
And no, I have no real use for the meat planned. It is just set to grind 1000 of each kind and then shut down(level emitters). It just bothered me that I could not go to the burger restaurant at the base of the tower and order a freshly made burger, because I was out of raw meat :p

But if you know me, then you know I cannot just make a building purely for the machines:
Gp4czpu.png

Took some doing getting that cow(customNPC) to do that :p It is sitting on a flat collapsible block with nearly invisible Streaked glass.

9fWFqe4.png

You can just spot the Powered spawners in the window behind the sausage maker.

Smaller side building houses a freezer for produce:
BkeJVp0.png

Worker loading shipping container with crates:
8waE1Ze.png

uW7CcLI.png

Bit of details around the back:
DLBnd3o.png

Not far away in the farming area, I have dedicated one of the small domes to agricraft and other related crop research:
jvrfxfJ.png

Upper floor still need some details. Probably just some couches/chairs for a lounge like feel.

Various crops inside the lab:
I2ySiE9.png

1yMfWFu.png

I had intended to build it more functional for actually crossbreeding crops etc. But I never got around to do it and now I have all the plants I need at 10/10/10. But clearing the crops on display and it can still be used if needed. Also automated the Analyzer etc.

Below a dark room for those crops that need that:
m6Wi2rx.png

Took the pics with nightvision, else it would be pitch black.

Chance gave a perfect opportunity for a view of the mana bean farm:
mdNiBPQ.png

I have gone back to using golems for the harvesting, since MFR Harvesters for some reason never gave a profit. But still using MFR planters to replant the beans(Using the grid filter to dedicate sections to different beans). Removed the order upgrades from the golems, since they will keep swapping the beans around with it.

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Meanwhile the bunker got expanded too.

First a little reference map, since the layout can probably be confusing:
oTeunUQ.png

The bunker really needed some more facilities for the staff:
VsNzUVZ.png

W1Va1sP.png

There are 16 rooms for the staff in this wing. They are just empty rooms with a locked door. I was really not in the mood to decorate them all, specially after doing that in the tower(more on that later) :p

The staff quarters connects up to an old "lounge" like area that I build ages ago:
QcbP0GP.png

It was one of my first efforts of trying to connect the bunker with the outside world.
The windows face out towards the southern part of the tower and bee area. Sadly it is just out of chunkloading range, but you can see the bunker entrance and cargo area:
vgewoH5.png

Workers need to eat too:
bfvIGk2.png

mqs0h3l.png

CnqKY3F.png

I outfitted the kitchen with a Cooking for Blockheads setup, because... why not :p

Outside view of the mountain:
4VR9Ip5.png

Last edited:

masterx244

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly there is not a whole lot I can do about that sorry. I don't have ownership of the modpack or the mods themselves, and sharing out of date mods that the author have taken down would be quite wrong.
If people can get it running in some way, then great. If not then that is just too bad ;(

Found thze offender. Its reika's DragonLIB crashing with a ClassDefNotFOundError on a nilla Minecraft class when the forge version is not one of the 2 he/she expects. And the error is buried at the bottom of that crash stack trace.
Also: when loading on singleplayer and you get thrown back to Title screen, just wait. thhe game still loads in the background and you get into the world

Last edited: