RFTools - Support and Suggestions

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Giving that a thorough test, too. Thanks!

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Hah, soulsand works just as well AND is considered a non-opaque block as well. Still, if you have passive mobs that will spawn in air... *looks at Animals+ *

Anyways, assuming flat world, no effect, normal weather/time/structures, default biome... Soulsand has the same 10Rf/t rate as stone/glass, and with only vanilla materials & glowstone blocks as oregen:

Blocks: 99242 Rf/t
Ores: 45042 Rf/t

So it's definitely cheaper by roughly 50% to maintain. Costs would scale the same when you add other mined materials, of course, so dedicating specific oregen to multiple worlds would allow you to keep power costs down with the right tools.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
RFTools just got its own villager:

9h9ch7v.png

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Just released a new beta of RFTools. The reason for this release is that I added a new villager and that's a new area for me. I hope I didn't mess up with assigning the villager to an ID so I would love it if people can test this out and see if this works in combination with other mods that also add villagers (already tested Forestry myself).

By default RFTools will try to find a free ID for the villager. If you want you can also force a specific ID in the config.

This villager is the only way to get essences for constructing structure dimlets and it also has some potentially other interesting dimlet related trades for you.

Note that this villager doesn't (yet) has his own house so that means he will not spawn automatically in a new village. You have to wait until new villagers are born to have a chance of getting him.

Here is a preview of the new villager: http://i.imgur.com/9h9ch7v.png

You can get the latest beta from here: http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/224641-rftools#other-downloads;t1:other-downloads

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. How does teleportation between worlds work in RfTools? Specifically, if I wanted to eliminate mystcraft linking books, and use just RfTools to teleport, what would be involved?

What I'm looking at is using both worldgen systems -- mystcraft for early access to worlds with instability, and RfTools for later access to worlds without instability at a power cost -- without the overpowered teleportation of Mystcraft.

So, assuming I have an early game D-book, and I want to use RfTools to get back home, what would be involved?

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
Hmm. How does teleportation between worlds work in RfTools? Specifically, if I wanted to eliminate mystcraft linking books, and use just RfTools to teleport, what would be involved?

What I'm looking at is using both worldgen systems -- mystcraft for early access to worlds with instability, and RfTools for later access to worlds without instability at a power cost -- without the overpowered teleportation of Mystcraft.

So, assuming I have an early game D-book, and I want to use RfTools to get back home, what would be involved?

With a matter transmitter and matter receiver you can setup one way teleportation from the transmitter to the receiver. For two way teleportation you need two transmitters and two receivers.

You also need a dialing device to dial a nearby transmitter to any receiver in the world. You only need one dialing device even for two way teleportation since you can pick up dialed transmitters and move them.

All three devices (transmitter, receiver and dialing device) need power.

Is that what you wanted to know?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place

If that's not enough info, watch dire's spotlight.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW is there any reasonably fast way to get duplicates of dimlets. Cause I need some rare (at least from my end) dimlets to make a copy of a dimension to power said dimension (as it needs more energy than the single block can accept)

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
BTW is there any reasonably fast way to get duplicates of dimlets. Cause I need some rare (at least from my end) dimlets to make a copy of a dimension to power said dimension (as it needs more energy than the single block can accept)

What kind of dimension did you make? Note that the dimension builder can accept 50K RF/tick on every side so you can go up to 300K RF/tick.

But no you cannot duplicate dimlets in RFTools. You can craft some dimlets though using the dimlet workbench.

Note that you can also try to find efficiency dimlets and you can add those to the dimension with the dimension editor.

Note that the efficiency dimlet is also craftable using the dimlet workbench.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
FYI I've found that Botania Looniums are a decent way of produceing a lot of dimlets. May or may not want to nerf.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
FYI I've found that Botania Looniums are a decent way of produceing a lot of dimlets. May or may not want to nerf.

How does that work? I have never used Botania so no clue what that even does.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no modder but I imagine the Loonium produces random items from the dungeon loot table. Maybe find another way to propagate your dimlets. That is if you find it an issue.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I'm no modder but I imagine the Loonium produces random items from the dungeon loot table. Maybe find another way to propagate your dimlets. That is if you find it an issue.

Sounds like that item from Botania itself is extremely OP. There are *tons* of rather rare items you can find in chests (builder's wand and other).

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
While that was once true, builders wands I dont think are chest loot anymore and not nessesarily because of the Loonium.
At least my loonium hasn't produced one yet.