Return Of The Roleplay Server!

• Thread starter Deleted member 42074
  • Start date
  • Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Entry Fee?

• Total voters

Everlast

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently they decided to close off the port to (pardon me) null the IP to avoid it affecting their other customers.

The only decent option if they don't have other ways of preventing it. However they shouldn't force you as a customer to wait for them to figure it out. Especially since if it's a shared IP and you're not the specific DDoS target.

Edit: I can now see why people would consider paying extra for a dedicated IP as well.

TheGenuinePanda

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, there is no IF because i have now completed the server setup - FTB Ultimate 1.0.2 - IP = 84.201.38.150:25596 - If your not whitelisted either post here, or add me on skype olly.jesus[DOUBLEPOST=1368461041][/DOUBLEPOST]BTW everyone it is still the same world but the only difference is that I am paying for the host with a different company

Reactions: GPuzzle

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Great. a working temporary server. I've no lag now but i'm alone.

For your skype :

It's Olly, UK ?

Or you can just add me. It's Yellowminer

And by the way i'd like to have the skypes of other players on the serv.

TheGenuinePanda

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, added you, and glad theres no lag and your all good and the world file transfered ok! It took hours to get this setup, worth it though yeah?! And it might take time for people to notice new IP etc. as small activity on forum

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
You need to ban Nukes, you need to ban Nuclear reactors, you need to modify configs for warded shit to be destructible, you need to ban fucking super OP world-killer chiken featherz. With that said, bye.

D

Deleted member 42074

Glad to say the server's back up, after the mother host got it's ass back to work. Me and you need to discuss what to do, Panda. Asap.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
You need to ban Nukes, you need to ban Nuclear reactors, you need to modify configs for warded shit to be destructible, you need to ban fucking super OP world-killer chiken featherz. With that said, bye.
But nukes are a great terraforming tool (if you use them properly), and they are too expensive to be used by grifers (a griefer will not spend the time to make a nuke if he's on the serv to grief). Nuclear reactors are a great power source and to blow up them, it's more costly than a nuke (no interessting military uses possible). The warded crap is made to be indestructible, or it's useless. And budge can remove it if it have been placed to grief (And reseearch+craft it is as long as the nuke). And i've never heard about that chicken feather, but it looks awesome. I want one. Crash all the worlds !

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
But nukes are a great terraforming tool (if you use them properly), and they are too expensive to be used by grifers (a griefer will not spend the time to make a nuke if he's on the serv to grief). Nuclear reactors are a great power source and to blow up them, it's more costly than a nuke (no interessting military uses possible). The warded crap is made to be indestructible, or it's useless. And budge can remove it if it have been placed to grief (And reseearch+craft it is as long as the nuke). And i've never heard about that chicken feather, but it looks awesome. I want one. Crash all the worlds !

Long long time ago (4 weeks) in a server, there was this guy.. with the power of nuclear reactors he made the city radioactive :( the block were still intact, but radioactivity.. RADIOACTIVITY FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE! Besides, nukes aren't that expensive, in 5 or 6 hours of gameplay you can get them :/

And the warded crap being indestructible is just not right, its really cheap, (investigation is fast enough, 1 or 2 hours) and you can trap anyone anywhere, and if there is no admin connected, you're screwed. (I once trapped a friend in warded crap..He stayed there for an hour :p).

And nukes sometimes override ownership because of the way they work, or at least, that's what i was told.. It seems that it works like worldedit or something like that, it doesn't "explode", just simulates it while destroying a sphere without physics so it doesn't lag that much... So that..

And it's featherZ, the Z is important, it's what gives it 'da pawerz of destruction

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Anyways, that's whay we have a whitelist and a quite hard application system.

Radioactivity in the city is just because he's a noob with reactors.

And nukes don't destroy warded blocks. My nukebox is made of warded glass and i can nuke stuff safely inside. It's a world edit like system, but it does take count of explosion resistance values.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Anyways, that's whay we have a whitelist and a quite hard application system.

Radioactivity in the city is just because he's a noob with reactors.

And nukes don't destroy warded blocks. My nukebox is made of warded glass and i can nuke stuff safely inside. It's a world edit like system, but it does take count of explosion resistance values.

Yellow miner, yeah.. But why talk about warded? Im talking about the other stuff it can destroy.

And no, it doesn't take count of blast resistance, it just destroys, but warded stuff is coded differently than normal blocks, thats why it doesn't get destroyed.

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
Yellow miner, yeah.. But why talk about warded? Im talking about the other stuff it can destroy.

And no, it doesn't take count of blast resistance, it just destroys, but warded stuff is coded differently than normal blocks, thats why it doesn't get destroyed.
I get holes of different depths with differents materials. Blast resistance is taken in account.

And the warded and other indestruct blocks just have epic blast resistance. No weird code.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I have some idea on who did this: one of the four groups who are extremely advanced, namely Cat's Energy Station, Yellow's Rig, Blorog, or the Wolfe Industries group.
Cat surely is paranoid.

Reactions: samjpclarke

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
O.K, I'll go detective style on this:
Why I wasn't the one who blew up Terra Liberta?
I wasn't online, and the only thing that could have exploded was my 8 LP boiler, but that would require someone to take off the aqueous accumulator and insert water while it's still hot. I don't have enough gunpowder or uranium to make a nuke, nor enough copper for a reactor.
Why not Sam or Seb?
They don't own a compressor, so no nukes. They would need a fuckton of TNT.
Why Yellow?
Last time I checked, he had a stack of refined uranium in his compressor. And coal dust in his pulverizer. He also said "a nuke would have been cleaner" during the explosions in the test world he did.
Why Cat?
She locked herself in a sandwich bunker of Reinforced Stone and Warded Stone.
She knew something was comming.
Why Wolfe Industries?
They are the only ones far enough to not be affected by the nuke.