Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_Itchystich

Jul 29, 2019
I recently downloaded this config pack and installed it on my client and had a friend install it on his FTB Ultimate server. We used the easy greg tech config files. The config pack seemed to fix most recipes, but when I try to craft something from buildcraft, my client uses the original recipe, but on the server, the recipe is rejected and it and demands the greg tech alternate recipe. Buildcraft is supposed to be supported by this pack, so is there some setting I have to change manually? Neither me nor my friend could craft any buildcraft items, which suggests it's server-side. Please help.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The first hint that you've fundamentally misunderstood something is the fact that Buildcraft doesn't have GregTech recipes... ;)

...Well, except for the Quarry.

First, try using the latest version of the config pack if you haven't already. GregTech's configs were heavily redesigned (again) and config options have been moved all over the place, which ended up meaning that the original version of the 1.5.2 Easy configs were completely useless. I've fixed this by redoing the configs with fresh copies that don't have obsolete config lines left in them. :)

What specifically were you trying to craft? Very little of BC's recipes are modified by GregTech, so mainly I'm checking to see if something odd's going on.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue with Gregtech configs where it says B:Compress2Storageblock=false in the Gregtech recipies config, it doesn't allow for vanilla crafting still, so I'm puzzled to why it is this way, I've tried running a new version of 1.0.2 and changing the config, and to no avail, btw the client/server configs match so thats not the issue.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
That particular config option does not affect vanilla crafting, it only adds the option to use a compressor. This means it's possible to make storage blocks unobtainable in GregTech if you really want to.

The crafting and uncrafting options are in the advanced config which allows you to set the option for each material type. They should be enabled in the Easy configs I published for 1.4.7.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the 1.5.2 support file.. After converting my 1.4.7 map to 1.5.2 these files saved me a lot of time.. Thanks so much. ;)

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Ooh, you got your old world save working? I'm still having trouble with mine. :(

Used WorldEdit (singleplayercommands) to replace all blocks I new was not going to be in 1.5.2... IE RP Rubber Tress.. GlassViewer... Marble.. Etc..

And required me to dump all my liquids.. Cause of the liquid update for forge. (No choice in matter you will lose everything you had stored up)

Had to start the map without Thermal Expansion first... To get rid of everything.. (You can't use old thermal expansion stuff you have to start from scratch.. This is best way to delete the whole thing)

No xycraft.. No Redpower... All that was deleted.. Which made the liquid thing easier since that was where all liquids was.

Etc..

Running perfect now.. Other then the fact that I forgot to worldgen the volcanoes... SO I have a few holes in the world were they use to be... LOL.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know to try to recover my existing world map. Already lost one to the archives, don't want to lose a second. :D

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, that's just what I needed to know to try to recover my existing world map. Already lost one to the archives, don't want to lose a second. :D

Ya always back up a copy before you mess with them.. I always keep the hardcopy before I edit it safe... :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The config pack has been updated with a very minor addition to the Railcraft config to assign its new block ID properly.

As is traditional, the pack is tested against the latest versions of mods before being released. The pack has been confirmed to work with these versions with one notable exception and the list has been updated to reflect this. Although there have been a large number of significant updates, none of these require config changes. (This is actually the norm. :) )

Forestry 2.2.6.0 is not confirmed to work with this release of the config pack, as it contains API changes that break its plugins. To avoid breaking your world if you use Extra Bees or Thaumic Bees, please remain on Forestry 2.2.4.3 until these mods update.

Also, note that Buildcraft 3.6.0 makes major changes to oil generation. This does not affect existing worlds but will affect future worldgen.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
What I meant on the config, it seems to be "broken" in FTB's configs and yours. the "compressor2storageblock" seems to be on even if its set to "false", looking in NEI shows it as so (Iron block). B4, I could change that "option" and it would finalize it, but now it seems to be "locked in". (help if you can, I don't see any individual options for turning this off, making this off will help us get into the game quicker, then move on to harder things later, this is why we like Gregtech, it has easy starts if setup right, and then its a great end game mod cause its quite hard)

Moving on, why is the 1.4.7 configs based upon 1.1.0 (you mentioned back in few posts, that this version and 1.1.1 have "downgraded" and broken configs/mods, thus the "fix" to 1.1.2) I hope the final configs for 1.4.7 can be updated soon to Ultimate 1.1.2, we like these configs (especially the +DRPG, +AMPZ and +Traincraft support, no config option has done this publicly b4)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it that the configs already work perfectly in Ultimate 1.1.2. I suppose I should adjust the changelog again because people seem to get really easily confused with this stuff. :(

As for the other issue, if the config option does nothing then it's a problem with the mod and needs to be reported to the appropriate mod dev - in this case GregoriousT.

For detailed block crafting decrafting controls, you should be looking in either RecipesAdvancedConfig.cfg, DynamicConfig.cfg or both depending on what you're doing and what version of GT you're using. If the contents of those config files are too confusing to you you shouldn't be messing with them at all.

It also appears that you didn't understand what I meant earlier: you shouldn't turn off the option to allow storage blocks to be made via compression. You can have both the compression technique and the vanilla technique enabled at the same time.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019

Also, note that Buildcraft 3.6.0 makes major changes to oil generation. This does not affect existing worlds but will affect future worldgen.

My drilling senses are tingling. Would you mind pointing me towards build craft change history as my phone's mildly retarded and can't seem to find this stuff (or explain away if its to your liking, main reason I want to see the history is I want a delicious non-volatile planner and builder)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Choice quotes from the changelog:

Added: Oil biomes! Additional changes to oil generation. (CovertJaguar)
- Changed: Improved oil physics to produce behaviour between water and lava. (CovertJaguar)
- Changed: Oil is now flammable. (viliml, Krapht, CovertJaguar)

Gun_Shy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, I'm probably going to be crucified for this, but I have to ask...is the 1.5.2 support included in the config pack, or what? I couldn't actually find anything about it. I tried searching within the topic, but apparently "1.5.2" is an invalid search parameter.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech easy mode config for 1.5.2 has both advanced and compact solars set to 650. I changed compact to 651 and that fixed things.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech easy mode config for 1.5.2 has both advanced and compact solars set to 650. I changed compact to 651 and that fixed things.

Probably because he assumes that most people are going to have one or the other. Why in the world would you have both?

Status
Not open for further replies.