Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Probably because he assumes that most people are going to have one or the other. Why in the world would you have both?

Because that's what the 1.5.2 beta packs came with and I'm tired apparently not thinking clearly enough for something like that to occur to me right now?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
They do, but the old packs didn't and I'm trying to maintain compatibility in theory even if doing it in practice is actually very difficult.

This means that Compact Solars and Advanced Solars are deliberately set up to use the same ID, so you can pick the one you prefer. There's no reason to use both. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I have been alerted to a flaw in DivineRPG and Mystcraft interaction that prevents you from properly progressing in DivineRPG. This cannot be fixed with config files.

To avoid this problem, make sure all the alternate dimensions in DivineRPG are generated before creating Mystcraft worlds.

It's possible to recover saves with this clash quite easily but it's a bit of a pain. :)

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
They do, but the old packs didn't and I'm trying to maintain compatibility in theory even if doing it in practice is actually very difficult.

This means that Compact Solars and Advanced Solars are deliberately set up to use the same ID, so you can pick the one you prefer. There's no reason to use both. :)
There is a reason to use both.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
I have been alerted to a flaw in DivineRPG and Mystcraft interaction that prevents you from properly progressing in DivineRPG. This cannot be fixed with config files.

To avoid this problem, make sure all the alternate dimensions in DivineRPG are generated before creating Mystcraft worlds.

It's possible to recover saves with this clash quite easily but it's a bit of a pain. :)
It is possible to fix it.
Find out the Divine RPG Dim IDs and put the Mystcraft start IDs at one after theirs.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I don't feel it's worth changing it for everyone already using the pack. It's not like you can't change it yourself if you really want.

However as per my settings you would need to move Mystcraft dimensions to 9050 and beyond. This may further illuminate you on why I'm reluctant to fiddle with it. :p

Reactions: Anubis

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
I don't feel it's worth changing it for everyone already using the pack. It's not like you can't change it yourself if you really want.

However as per my settings you would need to move Mystcraft dimensions to 9050 and beyond. This may further illuminate you on why I'm reluctant to fiddle with it. :p

Ah sorry, I believe I've phrased my question wrong. For someone making a customized pack largely based around your amazing configs, is it sufficient to leave mystcraft dimensions at 20+ or should they start at 9050? Or should one just pre-generate all relevant dimensions in other mods before building any mystcraft dimensions? The feeling I'm getting is that mystcraft won't overwrite an existing dimension

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The impression I've got from the guy who reported the bug and looked into it is that you're a bit screwed regardless because the D-RPG folks had the lack of foresight and good sense to make some of their dimension setup hardcoded, so there's a good chance some of the IDs in the config don't actually do anything anyway.

I would imagine it's been fixed in 1.5.X but that's not much good to people using the pack. :p

Even so, yes, to avoid trouble either generate the D-RPG dimensions first or move Mystcraft dimensions in the configs to 9050+.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019

*In surprised, startled way* WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!
No seriously.
Why would you change the DRPG ids to NINE THOUSAND AND FIFTY?!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The defaults clashed with TF, so I moved them well out of the way of Mystcraft's meddling, or so I thought.

Can't do much against hardcoded numbers.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
The defaults clashed with TF, so I moved them well out of the way of Mystcraft's meddling, or so I thought.

Can't do much against hardcoded numbers.
7 is Twi Forest.
There are 5 dims, right?
So do 8-12.
Then set Myst to 13?
At least if you want World Breaking.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Try it yourself and you'll see why it's such a pain to work with.

At any rate, I'm not changing them.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Try it yourself and you'll see why it's such a pain to work with.

At any rate, I'm not changing them.
Ok then.
I'll have to look at those configs soon.
I never really got in to DRPG, so I never changed configs.
Is it hardwired to a certain number?
Well, if you can change it to 9050, I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.