Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
...Hoboy. Nope, they weren't kidding, they've completely changed every significant block ID and removed Extra Biomes.

Welp. This is going to take some thought. I assume you guys want to keep your worlds intact if you can, so I'll see what I can do on that front, but it does look like FTB 1.5/1.6 will be a clean break from earlier versions of the pack.

E: After some consideration, it looks like after all this waiting I'm going to have to build the configs from scratch myself anyway. *SIGH* OK! Let's get going... :D

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
...Hoboy. Nope, they weren't kidding, they've completely changed every significant block ID and removed Extra Biomes.

Welp. This is going to take some thought. I assume you guys want to keep your worlds intact if you can, so I'll see what I can do on that front, but it does look like FTB 1.5/1.6 will be a clean break from earlier versions of the pack.

E: After some consideration, it looks like after all this waiting I'm going to have to build the configs from scratch myself anyway. *SIGH* OK! Let's get going... :D

I would like to say thank you for your hard work in designing these config packs for us and for now building the 1.5 config pack from scratch your a great asset in this community.

Reactions: Whovian

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Early warning: 1.4.7 saves with RedPower data might be impossible to recover directly. I'm going to test ripping it out in a 1.4.7 environment and see what happens.

E: OK, I'm having serious trouble recovering my old 1.4.7 save. If I can't work out what's causing it you guys may need to start new worlds anyway. :(

New worlds using the config pack work fine, so there's some kind of change to Forge that's badly broken old world saves somewhere.

E2: It looks like the presence of Mystcraft dimension data is screwing up the transition. It might be something else but that's the most likely culprit at this stage.

E3: I keep ripping out mods and nothing's working! ;_;

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
OK, you've waited long enough, here's the deal.

I was unable to recover my own FTB 1.4.7 world with these configs even though they line up almost perfectly with the older FTB modpack settings; the world crashes on load. The only way I can recover the world in 1.5.2 is loading it in Vanilla, and that's obviously not helpful. This means either:

1) One of the older mods doesn't like its own, obsolete save data E: ruled this out too! the problem appears to be Forge!
2) One of the new mods doesn't want to play nice E: ruled this out!

However, fresh worlds do work with all of the mods installed, although I've not had the time to check for errors, clashing items and other weirdness due to the aforementioned issue. If you use this config pack, you will have to use a new world for 1.5.2, there's just no way around it at this time.

I will be continuing to try to solve this compatibility problem, but the problem is likely with the world files themselves and not related to the config pack, so there's no reason to hold it back any longer.

Unlike the FTB Beta, which has fundamentally altered all the block IDs for the mods (it seems the majority have been reset to their defaults), the block and item IDs in my configs line up almost perfectly with the 1.4.7 modpacks, barring obscure issues where Forestry was newly conflicting with itself. I believe a grand total of one item and no blocks have been shifted out of position by this update. If you never liked Forestry backpacks though, you won't notice.

These new configs are based on the older configs for 1.4.7, adjusted to remove non-existent mods and add support for the newly introduced mods in the Beta. Some older FTB mods that have been updated have been removed from the Beta anyway - or perhaps just not re-added yet. Configs for all of these mods are included with the config pack, in the interests of helping you maintain your existing worlds in the future.

This means that any of these extra mods you want to use will have to be installed manually, the old-fashioned way. If old worlds were loading at all, you'd have to make sure you had all the same mods installed before you loaded it in your new pack, so remember that for later.

One other thing: if you actually want to help the FTB team test their pack, you probably shouldn't use this config pack. I've changed too much for bug reports to be reliable. ;)

The existing 1.4.7 configs are also included in the pack for people who want to continue to use older packs with my changes.

As this is a preliminary version of the pack, Brutality Mode has been omitted from this release. It will be reinstated at a later date once I am more familiar with the state of balance with the new mods. Optional support patches will be reinstated only if doing so remains realistic; supporting Ampz in the configs is becoming more and more unrealistic with every update and unfortunately DivineRPG may no longer fit neatly in the updated configs already.

If you're looking for the changelog, you can find it here.

Reactions: Whovian

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed that minecraft wouldn't load when I used the gregtech config for 1.5.2 included in this config pack. After deleting it and letting it generate on its own, I noticed that some things in the gregtech config have changed a bit. It was a pain, but I managed to undo most of the gregtech nerf stuff by manually changing stuff. Sadly, I couldn't find a way to enable the easy diamond drill recipe, which kinda sucks.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of the configs were you using? They need an update anyway but I should fix this fault at the same time. Based on your post it seems that you were attempting to use the Easy configs but I need to be sure. :)

Also, were you attempting to load an old world or a fresh one? If you got an old world to run this is very significant information for me! :D

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of the configs were you using? They need an update anyway but I should fix this fault at the same time. Based on your post it seems that you were attempting to use the Easy configs but I need to be sure. :)

Lol yeah I guess I forgot to mention that, yes I was trying to use the easy mode configs.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
And this is why I should actually test the configs before publishing them. Hoboy. Yeah, there is a lot of redundant config data in there at this point (stuff added by an earlier version of the mod that is no longer read on load and so doesn't do anything) so maybe I should just bit the bullet and build a set of clean configs.

There will be an update anyway, as apparently new mods have already been added to the Beta and I need to include support for these as well on top of fixing the existing support.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently DartCraft and Thaumic Tinkerer were added to the Beta last night, but I can't find any evidence of that. I'm going to hold off on updating the config pack until the dust settles again, and this update will also (hopefully) fix the buggy configs that have been reported. :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Apparently DartCraft and Thaumic Tinkerer were added to the Beta last night, but I can't find any evidence of that. I'm going to hold off on updating the config pack until the dust settles again, and this update will also (hopefully) fix the buggy configs that have been reported. :)

BEHOLD THE POWA OF BETA.

No really this is why I isolate any beta builds if I want to play around with them.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Velotican, awesome work on the configs, every chance I get I'm sending the link back to this topic so they can check it out! Anyway, I see the Official packs have updated yet again :) (Ultimate 1.1.1, etc), hope to share your awesome configs soon, Thanks.

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, interesting, ok. So what your saying is I can update to the latest beta build (1.1.1 or 8.3.1 or 5.3.1) and still use your regular 1.4.7 configs and have no issues? I will have to test this, cause I like the ability to add all the mods into one pack, to make a true "Ultimate" FTB. The inclusion of DRPG and AMPZ, as well as Traincraft make it awesome, and you deserve thanks for helping the community.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I'm saying, yes. As you're overwriting the configs, most of the major changes in the newer packs are being overwritten anyway - it's not mods that are being updated, it's the default configs. :)

ejmiv89

Jul 29, 2019
That is what I'm saying, yes. As you're overwriting the configs, most of the major changes in the newer packs are being overwritten anyway - it's not mods that are being updated, it's the default configs. :)

Err, so what your saying is the "update's" won't be relevant? what's the point in updating? By no means is this meant to be rash just wondering cause updating without updating makes no sense to me.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Err, so what your saying is the "update's" won't be relevant? what's the point in updating? By no means is this meant to be rash just wondering cause updating without updating makes no sense to me.

First to be clear, I'm so used to using Ultimate 1.0.2 that I forget it was never pushed to recommended. Updating from 1.0.1 to 1.1.2 is a very substantial upgrade and completely worth it. However past 1.0.2 very little changes have been made because most mod devs moved on to Minecraft 1.5.X around then.

Simply put, there are a few dopey crash bugs that were large enough to crash servers, so the updates were considered important enough to significantly bump the version number even though the actual changes are very slight. As for the actual mods in the pack, 1.1.2 is identical to 1.0.2 as far as I can tell E: they finally noticed they were using an older version of ExtraBiomesXL and updated that, and they updated Immibis Core which I assume fixes the crash bugs that were bothering them. The only significant difference is that 1.1.2 is less crash-prone because of its settings. I'm not sure if these bugs are present on my config pack, but if they are they've not been reported.

Actually, seeing as you mentioned it, 1.1.0 and 1.1.1 actually downgraded a couple of mods which introduced a very nasty crash bug that had been fixed in 1.0.2. 1.1.2 restores the fix. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It's that time again. As we're back on the latest version of Minecraft with mods getting updated regularly, so will the config pack once again be updated in order to accomodate the latest versions of mods. This next config pack update will take it beyond the versions of mods used in the FTB Beta. In most cases however configs for later versions of mods work on earlier versions so you won't have any issues there.

This update contains fresh GregTech config files to address issues users were experiencing using the previous version of the config pack and also updates support for MineFactory Reloaded, which has new features and block IDs once again.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that the option to restore the basic Diamond Drill recipe has been removed completely from the configs, so I cannot restore that item's recipe any more. Additionally, recipes for other tools cannot be restored to IC2 defaults and instead require converting the ingots to plates. However, they are still easier than the GregTech defaults as they will not require steel to craft.

Based on information found via Twitter, support for DartCraft and Thaumic Tinkerer have been added to the config pack, with their item/block IDs assigned appropriately. Note that DartCraft adds worldgen so keep that in mind. To assist players already using the pack, automatic world regen for DartCraft has been enabled. This should add ore to existing chunks.

Finally, a full item/block ID dump log is now included with the pack, so users, mod devs, modpack devs, etc. can see what IDs the pack uses at a glance.

As always the changelog is here.

There has been no success so far on restoring access to older world saves. There's a decent chance it won't ever get solved, so keep that in mind. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.