Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
That's odd. I'm sure that's happened to other people before but you're the first who's reported it.

I can download the pack OK but that doesn't mean much because it's my Dropbox account. Can someone else confirm that the download is public and can be downloaded? Thanks. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
OK then.

Make sure your browser isn't blocking the download. You might have an overzealous security program or addon. :(

SSL is a security feature mainly used to get a secure connection to a website, for example online shopping. The link is secure so perhaps your browser is misconfigured.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, you do know that it is 3:43 A.M. for us, so expect the pack by about 7 A.M. Pacific time. If it doesn't come, wait until Noon Pacific Time. If it's not out by then, it won't be out at all.

viveleroi

Jul 29, 2019
We're using the easy configs for GregTech (and I've updated to the latest 4/27 edition as well) and all of the IC2 electric tools have a weird glitch where they appear for a split second after crafting them, but vanish. When we try to click on the result window, nothing happens. NEI reports the recipe is correct. This isn't an issue with standard gregtech configs. Any ideas what might be wrong?

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
This means that what NEI shows and what your client has is wrong. Try reinstalling the configs on server and client.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If you're playing on a server with these configs, because of the way config files work everyone on your server needs to install the configs on their client to see the changes properly. Crafting isn't working because what the client thinks is the correct recipe isn't what the server thinks is right.

I can give you a more detailed explanation if you like, but this is why servers with non-standard configs distribute their server configs. :)

Fooman

Jul 29, 2019
You've gone soft! Tesseracts enabled? EU generating reactors? This is madness. I guess this way more than 3 people would be interested in some brutality mode.

I will have to update to 1.0.2 Ultimate sometime in the near future. I went ahead and put in the Thaumcraft config as I research. It's not really frustrating just a lot of AFK on my Quartz Grind Stone for Smooth/Chiseled Sandstone. I plan to fully exploit the flaws in this config!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Oh come on, you need at least one not-terrible way to produce power mid-game. :p

I'm not actually sure I ever disabled tesseracts anyway, or if I did I didn't do it properly. In practice the inability to generate efficient power teleportation is the biggest problem you'll have with them. Besides all that, they're excellent lag reducers and that trumps other concerns for me these days. :)

*mourns my server's consistent 15TPS tick rate*

For Nuclear Reactors, after personal experience with them I have come to the conclusion that their default balance is sensible for vanilla IC2 but pathetically terrible for GregTech installations. Nevermind that it's technically possible to get nukes that match a fusion reactor for performance, good luck actually getting anywhere near that in practice. With that in mind, they're now balanced in the pack to be a worthwhile alternative to solar power.

Something has to be, jeez. XD

ajamothman

Jul 29, 2019
DivineRpg creatures not spawning ..

it's seems only to be the desert crawler but i still need a fix plz

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Which config are you using? You have the choice of three for D-RPG these days if you're using my pack.

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't the hard and brutality configs include the GregTech nerf for RP2 block breakers, and disabled recipes for other mods' block breakers? Why aren't the hard mode changes included with FTB Ultimate in the first place, given that it enables GregTech hard mode by default?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The easy singleplayer

Interesting. Did you not install the DivineRPG support patch over the top of it? That I know works - or it should - as I was very thorough adjusting all the IDs to not clash with anything in Ultimate nor my Ampz support.

I'm actually surprised it didn't crash running the config included with FTB, they weren't anywhere near as thorough with it.

Why don't the hard and brutality configs include the GregTech nerf for RP2 block breakers, and disabled recipes for other mods' block breakers? Why aren't the hard mode changes included with FTB Ultimate in the first place, given that it enables GregTech hard mode by default?

Disabling recipes requires either the mod to offer that option in its config or installing a new mod that removes recipes. It exists, but it's not included with FTB so I don't use it in my config packs.

Regarding the RP2 block breaker nerf, due to drama many moons ago, I'm not actually sure the option does anything anymore - I think it's force-disabled internally. If it does, let me know and I may reconsider it. :)

Finally, I'm not sure why the Hard Mode pack changes aren't applied by default in FTB but that's why you now have the configs to change it. :D

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
Disabling recipes requires either the mod to offer that option in its config or installing a new mod that removes recipes. It exists, but it's not included with FTB so I don't use it in my config packs.
Actually, it looks like only the recipe from TubeStuff needs to be disabled, and there is a working config option for that. Other similar blocks are at least moderately expensive and require power.

Regarding the RP2 block breaker nerf, due to drama many moons ago, I'm not actually sure the option does anything anymore - I think it's force-disabled internally. If it does, let me know and I may reconsider it. :)
I use this option and it does work.

Finally, I'm not sure why the Hard Mode pack changes aren't applied by default in FTB but that's why you now have the configs to change it. :D
Thanks for the work you've put into this. It just seems like the more I learn about FTB, the more I have to tweak it. I'm a little disappointed in the whole thing.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Thats because they dont do much tweaking in their packs in the first place. Past ID conflicts they dont do much work there.

ChewingGumm

Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to make a seperate Mindcrack modpack folder with these changes but i just cant get the Modpack to show up in my Launcher. Any suggestions for a guide or something? I do not want to make the Modpack public. I just want to use it for myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.