Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
To do what you're asking I'd have to give items new recipes. Not only do a lot of mod devs frown on meddling with their recipes, it's actually not possible to reprogram recipes with the current FTB modpack unless you write a new mod to do that.

You should find that the vast, vast majority of high-end equipment in the modpack operates as well as you'd expect it to normally.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
To do what you're asking I'd have to give items new recipes. Not only do a lot of mod devs frown on meddling with their recipes, it's actually not possible to reprogram recipes with the current FTB modpack unless you write a new mod to do that.

You should find that the vast, vast majority of high-end equipment in the modpack operates as well as you'd expect it to normally.
Wait...so then how did you remove the enchanting table?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is done with the options given to me in the config files as the devs make them. The Enchantment Table toggle is a GregTech option.

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
Everything is done with the options given to me in the config files as the devs make them. The Enchantment Table toggle is a GregTech option.
Oh, OK, sorry nevermind then, I thought you had something else going on where you can edit anything.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If in the future the FTB team add a mod that allows manual balance adjustment for other mods I'd be able to consider your request, but unfortunately I doubt that'll ever happen because as I said mod devs can get very touchy about their personal ideals of balance being respected.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a dumb question but, I'll ask anyway. Will this config pack allow me to add EVERY MOD from EVERY FTB mod pack in to one ULTIMATE pack or does this make it easier to move your world between packs?

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably a dumb question but, I'll ask anyway. Will this config pack allow me to add EVERY MOD from EVERY FTB mod pack in to one ULTIMATE pack or does this make it easier to move your world between packs?

Basically every mod ever in FTB is supported, so I guess you could put in every mod. Though I think its configs for Advanced and Compact Solars conflict with each other.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Advanced Solars and Compact Solars have default FTB configs that are deliberately designed to clash with each other so that when you move from one pack to another you don't lose your solar panels. I've retained this behaviour for compatibility reasons.

Other than that, yes you can have every mod in FTB in one pack. Ultimate is basically this now, except it's missing Traincraft which you can slip in yourself.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Basically every mod ever in FTB is supported, so I guess you could put in every mod. Though I think its configs for Advanced and Compact Solars conflict with each other.
I really just want to combine, Direwolf20, Mindcrack and Universal Electricity together. Plus add in Ars Magica, DungeonPack, IndustrialCraft2 Combo Armors, Plugins for Forestry, IC2 Backpack hud, LightLevelOverlay Xact and a couple other core mods/jar mods that shouldn't have any config issues. My main concern is Ars Magica as it has tons of id's.

BTW the brutality mod is interesting and I REALLY want to play it but I don't hate myself enough....yet...lol

Time to create a multiMC instance and try this bad boy out.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I've had to do another quick update, as Ultimate's latest update has added BiblioCraft!

Changelog:
- Added support for Bibliocraft [1.1.0]
- The recommended version of MFFS is now v2.3.0.3, you can update to this version safely
- Confirmed working with the latest versions of other mods with no further changes

Also, because Ultimate includes a Traincraft config, I should mention that at this point the default config pack is now actually a complete clone of Ultimate's configs, minus the extra configs for the mods not actually in FTB yet.

(Which is exactly what I was hoping when I started doing this! :D )

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
As there are no actual mod changes between v0.1.3 and the officially released v1.0.1, I can confirm that the release version of FTB Ultimate is compatible with this config pack! :)

On another note, I am playing with some of my own Brutality changes on an Ultimate server and I may update that mode in the future to smooth out the balance curve. However, I won't be making that update for a while as first I have to verify I've got it right first. It's a whole different ballgame when solar and lava power are crippled!

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell, the nuggets without the aspects are Thaumcraft's, so this is actually intended behaviour.

I did not adjust the unificator but if you really want the alternative nuggets enable Thermal Expansion as a unificator target and disable Thaumcraft. I'm unlikely to change this myself for Brutality Mode because making things easier would miss the point somewhat. :p

Either way, you have the option of using the Forge Lexicon, that's what it's there for anyway. :)

Just to point this out, the ones without aspects are NOT Thaumcraft's nuggets. I mentioned this long ago when the ore unification changed and it started turning nuggets into RP nuggets. You can quite easily check this in creative when looking under the Thaumcraft tab and checking the different nuggets listed there or comparing configs with the in-game ids. Point being though that needing a lexicon just to get the right nuggets is kinda frustrating.

Reactions: Velotican

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Np, I personally don't use your configs but thought I'd point it out while making a futile attempt to fix the ore unificator in my own configs.

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a little trouble with this (any help would be greatly appreciated) - I'm trying to upgrade my DW20 world to the ultimate pack - I want to use Gregtech but in easy mode.

Every time I paste over the old configs with the easy mode configs - my tesseracts turn into Magenta rockwool and then my game crashes for various reasons...

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
What version of DW20 are you using? Perhaps something got changed somewhere I didn't catch. It's possible that you've been using non-standard configs this entire time without realising it but it is, unfortunately, more likely there's a mistake on my end even though I know the config pack works with Ultimate fine.

Also, make sure you paste over the configs with the default configs first, before applying the easy configs. The easy configs are designed as an amendment to the default configs.

Arii1986

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for replying - I'm using latest DireWolf - I'm sure I did paste the default configs but will have to double check

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Please give me the exact version number as a new version of DW20 is publicly available for testing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.