Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It's deliberately fast. That setting is also ignored as far as I know because the Mass Fabricator is enabled and GregTech has a special case handler for that. The default MassFab rate is indeed 166 666 and if enabled with GT installed I think it's locked at that number and the MatterFab is set to 150 000.

I suppose I can change it to be less confusing in the future but it won't hurt anything as-is. :)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Hey! Ender Tanks just got added to Ender Storage, wanted to post here since they probably use a different block ID than the Ender Chests. I'm guessing you'll just make them the ID right after Ender Chests, which should be easy to do manually?

EDIT: Ignore this, Ender Tanks use the same ID.

rahk

Jul 29, 2019
Should make a Official FTB Pack with these configs and mods. I have to try to get our server up to your current versions. And figure out the easiest way to get our users also up to date. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
In the short time I put RL and other games first, there's been a huge wave of mod updates. Expect some instability and a bit of weirdness when you update. AS ALWAYS, BACKUP YOUR WORLDS BEFORE UPDATING YOUR MODS AND CONFIGS. It's especially true this time. (Urgh, I think I even had a corrupt world backup! D: )

Let's get this out of the way first: there's no update to the Voltz support. Calclavia broke his API for what seems like the billionth time and once again the new versions are crashing on startup. The versions of the mods specified should remain stable as before but let me know if they're not. If/when I can get it to not die painfully it'll be updated.

As for the main pack, despite all the new releases most mods don't require any config updates and patch themselves correctly on their own. However, one had to ruin it for the whole bunch, so we have a config pack update. As per usual, here's the changelog:

- MFFS has a new owner/maintainer [Thunderdark -> Calclavia] and a new config file in a new location; the old version is included in the pack in its old place to minimise any problems but will eventually be removed as soon as that version is phased out of FTB
- The new version of MFFS breaks existing force-field networks and these will need to be repaired manually - sorry about that :(
- Modular Power Suits support confirmed up to build #150 with no further changes
- After another bout of derping hard, I realised NEI does have a config included in the pack and this fact is reflected in all the documentation from now on; the actual file itself is unchanged
- CodeChickenCore is formally acknowledged as supported; this is important as some mods are reliant on it being in-date! The latest version is supported and required if you want NEI
- Optifine is formally acknowledged as supported by this pack although configs for this mod are not provided - my Optifine configs are only any good for me, you'll need to tweak them to suit your PC yourself! :)
- All other mods confirmed working with the latest versions with no further changes; all new config file entries will add themselves correctly when you run the game

For Brutality Mode:

- Cleaned up config tweaks in MFFS and EnderStorage to once again match the reported changes; no actual changes in this release

There are no updates to Voltz support. Please avoid using versions of the mods newer than those specified in the support list.

I have not updated the config pack for the ComputerCraft Beta. My gut told me it was a bad idea. Yes, that's my reason and I'm sticking to it. :p This also means that MiscPeripherals has not been updated as the newest version is built to work with the Beta. Once CC updates officially I'll update support accordingly.

Do not use builds of Modular Power Suits later than #150, they crash on world load.

YOU WILL NEED TO REPAIR YOUR FORCE-FIELD SYSTEM WHEN YOU UPDATE MFFS. Direct your rage in the appropriate direction, thanks. :3 If this bothers you like it did me, you may want to wait a while before updating MFFS, it looks like Calclavia's rewriting the bulk of it anyway. In fact I'd actually recommend you don't update right now, the new version is much buggier than the previous. Nevertheless, it's supported. :)

Last but not least, the update works with the new XyCraft. Enjoy!

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
An important information update:

If you use builds of Modular Power Suits later than #150, they will crash on world load if you already have a Power Suit with the auto-feeding module installed as this module has had a minor redesign. Uninstall this module temporarily before updating. MPS 0.3.0.178 is now the recommended version of the mod, so updating is recommended.

The newest builds of MFFS have been officially been marked as buggy and not recommended for use. Avoid updating to the new versions until further notice!

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
Whoever uses the Brutality mode must be masochistic..

If you are changing your stacksize to 16 in GT config, then you must be the real masochist (IIRC the author of GT did it in his gameplay one crazy guy :p)

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
Greg himself is the biggest Sadomasochist I know. His damn mod is just pure sadism, without a doubt. The fact that he uses Brutality and changes stack size to 16 is pure masochism.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
It works with any mod pack (including ones not from FTB!) so long as that mod pack uses the mods listed as supported. The current modlist covers every single mod found in an FTB pack and the third-party Voltz pack and should work with any version of those packs too. It's built on mod versions ahead of what FTB uses and the intent is to make it so you can manually update/extend packs without breaking them or losing any compatibility whatsoever with FTB worlds.

It sounds like a big effort but it's more time consuming than difficult to do this actually.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooooo... I was thinking about starting again, might use this Config. Love me some Hardcore...
BUT... Tell me this, do you have the Nuggets actually work for Thuamcraft? I am ragging and getting flustered with my current game cause I can not Transmutate due to the Nuggets not having Aspects...

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
From what I can tell, the nuggets without the aspects are Thaumcraft's, so this is actually intended behaviour.

I did not adjust the unificator but if you really want the alternative nuggets enable Thermal Expansion as a unificator target and disable Thaumcraft. I'm unlikely to change this myself for Brutality Mode because making things easier would miss the point somewhat. :p

Either way, you have the option of using the Forge Lexicon, that's what it's there for anyway. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Even so, I'm not particularly willing to disrupt Thaumcraft without good reason as it's balanced very carefully. I believe the aspects on nuggets are missing for balance reasons; I recall them being there in early versions of Thaumcraft 3. It's a little hazy, sorry.

I've already heavily nerfed Thaumcraft research in the config and I feel that's enough. Still, if this ends up being a mistake I'll re-examine it in the future. :)

tyler f

Jul 29, 2019
I poked around but I couldn't figure out how to make soul shards require more kills. How do you do so?

Edrosty

Jul 29, 2019
It's really easy to edit in your feed the beast config folder where all the config files are.
Mine is
D:\Feed The Beast\MindCrack\minecraft\config
The file name in your config folder is SoulShards.cfg

You edit it where it says this

####################
# general
####################

general {
I:between_Tiers=200
}

Change the 200 to something higher. Currently, it takes 200 kills to advance a tier. Edit that to be 300 or something, and you'll be at only tier 2 with 600 kills, instead of tier 3.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Ultimate was released in Beta as a private pack last night. Support has therefore been added to the config pack for FTB Ultimate. THIS BREAKS EXISTING VOLTZ SUPPORT WITH THIS CONFIG PACK AND SO OPTIONAL VOLTZ SUPPORT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED (AGAIN) UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.

Voltz support will once again be reinstated at a later date. Because I need to move the Voltz block IDs to restore compatibility, existing Voltz support users will need to create a new world when Voltz compatibility is restored. Sorry about that, but there was always a risk of this happening. :(

The Ultimate pack adds a lot of mods I wasn't expecting to show up and so the changelog is pretty big!
- Added support for the new FTB Ultimate pack (Beta); this pack is hidden by default as it is in testing
- Added support for LiteLoader [1.4.7]
- Added support for PowerCrystals Core [1.0.2]
- Added support for Immibis Core [52.4.5]

- Added support for Applied Energistics [RV. 8 C]
- Added support for Damage Indicators [2.4.4]
- Added support for Immbis' TubeStuff [52.3.1]
- Added support for Flat Bedrock [1.0.3]
- Added support for Minefactory Reloaded [2.1.4]
- Added support for Nether Ores [2.0.5]
- Added support for Power Converters [2.2.1]

- Added formal support for the Voxel Mod Pack elements included in Ultimate; requires LiteLoader
- Added support for VoxelMap [0.9.0]
- Added support for VoxelMenu [1.4.7_05]
- Added support for VoxelPlayer [0.9.6_mc1.4.7]
- Added support for Integrated Sound Packs [1.1.1_mc_1.4.6]
- These mods keep their configs in the mods folder so the config pack structure has been redesigned slightly to accomodate this

- Formally acknowledged support for Bechill's Ticks Per Second [0.4.1.1] [no config]

- NEW default configs for all mods based on new Ultimate pack configs - these will NOT break existing worlds unless you were using Voltz mods as they're pretty much identical to the old ones
- Moved easy mode GregTech and Forestry to an optional patch
- Removed Voltz support pending fresh reintroduction in the future
- Preliminary support for new MFFS updated to v3.0.0.6 - it is still recommended to use v2.2.8.3.6 until further notice
- The latest XyCraft includes XyCraft Machines - these are assigned their new FTB IDs
- New Railcraft item assigned appropriate FTB ID
- Confirmed updating to the latest versions of mods in all other cases with no further changes
- Note that the latest version of Advanced Solar Panels nerfs the Advanced Solar Panel recipe in both easy and hard mode; the other panel upgrades are unchanged
- For some reason Rei's Minimap was never listed as supported, this is now corrected

For GTF Easy Mode:

- Now a separate config patch to make it easier to use default FTB configs if you prefer
- Updated to Forestry 2.0.0.11
- Updated to GregTech 2.80h
- Nuggets have been added to the Forge Lexicon's whitelist, for users who want the ability to transmute between them - this is added as an easy mode feature as this is not intended behaviour in Thaumcraft by default
- Advanced Solar Panels now have their easy mode recipes enabled

For Brutality Mode:

- Applied Energistics' wireless features have their range halved
- Only half the usual wireless extenders can be used
- Power consumption requirements for AE networks are quadrupled

- Nether Ore explosions are three times bigger and four times more likely

- Power Converters have a 10:1 input : output conversion ratio!

For similar reasons to the Advanced Solar Panels and Compact Solars clashing, it is not recommended to have VoxelMap and Rei's Minimap installed at the same time.

Finally, because of a lot of questions in the thread demonstrate the OP is unclear, it has been rewritten with the original version archived for reference. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly there's a big enough screw-up here on my part to require a double-post and an emergency update.

THERE IS A SERIOUS FAULT IN THE EASY AND BRUTALITY MODE CONFIGS THAT I ONLY JUST CAUGHT THAT'LL JUGGLE ALL YOUR EXTRA BEES MACHINES AROUND. Please download the repaired config pack immediately. This might bork existing worlds, including for anyone who updated today as the error was in the old version of the packs too.

Destroy any Extra Bees machines (i.e. all of them >_< ) that load in as the wrong machine and replace them via Creative. If you try to open them it'll crash the game because the game still thinks it's the original machine. Once replaced with a fresh version of the machine this problem is fixed permanently. This is entirely my fault and I apologise, not that that'll mean much to anyone affected by this. :(

Fortunately, this doesn't affect any of your worldgen and only Extra Bees machines. I should have realised there was a problem the first time it broke my own world... *sigh*

Second time's the charm!

Also, derp, forgot a few mods in the official support list. Fixed that. :D On top of that, some mods have updated again even since the last config pack release, so the support list has been updated and configs verified.

Quick changelog:
- Corrected Extra Biomes configs to all use the same IDs that actually match FTB's IDs now; updating your config pack is strongly recommended and expect to do some minor repairs to your bee systems!
- Power Crystals, typically, picked tonight to update all his mods, new blocks have been added and given appropriate IDs and the Nether has slightly expanded worldgen in the new version
- Updated to the latest versions of all other mods with no further changes

Symmetryc

Jul 29, 2019
I saw your brutality pack and was delighted, yet slightly disappointed.
I love the hardness of it, but could you please make it harder to get the items rather than nerf the items? Because then there is basically no end game because all of the end game machines are nerfed down worst than vanilla furnaces :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.