Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just like to say that being irritated to the point of being offended by a config pack enough to complain to GregT about it is pretty funny. If a mod dev includes a config option for a feature I'm pretty sure they're happy with it being changed! ;D

GregTech has been updated to 2.77h and thus so has this config pack. Remember, I like to work ahead to catch changes before they become a problem. Also, config settings not used by earlier versions of a mod are ignored when reading it so you're (nearly always) fine to use this pack with earlier versions of mods.

In fact it's faster to point out the times it will cause you problems which is what I'll do if it ever happens.

tl;dr: you shouldn't notice any of these changes at all unless you update your FTB packs manually like I do. Have fun!

Update log:

- Updated config for GregTech 2.77h
- Updated config for Railcraft 6.15.0.0
- Support for latest versions of other mods confirmed with no changes

- New block IDs for Railcraft taken care of and assigned common sense numbers
- GregTech's new scrapbox nerf reversed instantly! :D
- After some consideration, I've decided to change Forestry's beekeeping mode to Easy too for all of you who just want to sit down and play; enjoy! This makes getting new bee species through mutation more frequent.
- Thermal Expansion recipe overrides disabled

For Brutality Mode:

- Enchantment Tables have been disabled! (Requires GregTech 2.77h+)
- The scrapbox nerf is left in!
- Thermal Expansion recipe overrides enabled, allowing GregTech to also affect TE

Edit 1/2/13: The config pack has been updated again. There are block ID changes for new blocks in this update.

- Updated config for Thaumcraft 3.0.3
- Updated config for Forestry 2.0.0.5, no ID changes
- Confirmed working with latest versions of mods with no further changes

For Brutality Mode:
- Old Forestry farms disabled (requires Forestry 2.0.0.4+)
- Uncrafting recipes for old farms are retained (requires Forestry 2.0.0.4+)

Edit 3/2/13: This is the Extra Bees update. Binnie revamped his config files so there's a slight shake-up and bugfixing here. These changes are all accounted for in this update.

The block ID for Extra Bees' advanced Alveary Blocks has changed. You will need to repair any alveary using these blocks.

- Updated config for Extra Bees 1.5.0.1
- Confirmed working with latest versions of mods with no further changes

- Advanced Alveary Blocks moved from ID 4004 to ID 965, grouping it with the other EB blocks as originally intended; backup your worlds before updating and be prepared for minor repairs
- New config options for Extra Bees' genetic manipulation tools are taken advantage of in this update; they have been adjusted to be considerably more generous than the new defaults but are still nerfed in comparison to earlier versions. (Requires Extra Bees 1.5.0.1+)

For Brutality Mode:

- Extra Bees' Isolator now consumes bees 75% of the time
- Genetic Errors from Extra Bees' serums are four times as severe when they occur

Edit: 5/2/13: The latest version of IC2, 1.115.214-lf, breaks when using non-standard IDs, presumably any over 255. This bug is introduced in this build; 1.115.213-lf and earlier work correctly with this config pack. Hopefully this is caught and fixed soon!

Edit: 6/2/13: The latest version of IC2 once again works. No config changes are required yet if you want to use new versions of mods.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
This is awesome. So theoretically this is all I would need if I wanted to merge some mod packs into a pseudo ultimate pack? I'd like to combine some of the mods from the Universal Electricity with the MineCrack Pack. There is some really cool mods there and I don't want to be playing on multiple worlds.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Hm.

Universal Electricity/Voltz is an independent third-party pack that doesn't conform to FTB's standardised configs. Only packs actually put together by the FTB team are designed to use the same configs. This means that the Voltz pack would probably have crazy amounts of ID conflicts if you tried to merge it with an FTB pack. For one thing Railcraft uses different IDs in Voltz compared to FTB.

That said, if enough people are actually interested in this option, I could try resolving the conflicts myself. Would people be interested in UE integration? It would unfortunately break all existing UE/Voltz worlds you've used unless we're really lucky.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. I see. Sad would have liked Atomic Science. I've used your config to reset the GregTech recipes b/c I'm interested in the mod for what it adds to the game and not for what it changes, but there are some cool things there. Looks like I may have to run two worlds after all.

Thanks for the fast reply. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I may do the integration anyway for people interested in this, they'd have to start a new world anyway because of the hugely different worldgen added by UE mods, or even vice versa.

Edit: And funny you mention Atomic Science because it has IC2 support these days so this integration wouldn't even be especially difficult. It's the block IDs that are the problem, it would have to be Voltz cannibalised by FTB and not the other way around unfortunately.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
So after actually looking at the default configs for UE this might actually work a lot better than I'd originally thought. It's the items that are the problem. Go fig.

Once I can get decent IDs that don't keep overwriting each other I'll add an optional UE patch to the config pack. :)

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The config pack has been updated with new support for the enthusiastic Universal Electricity user and FTB fan.

- Added an optional unofficial support patch for Voltz mods
- Adjusted Voltz configs to make them compatible with FTB
- Neutered ICBM's griefing potential to reflect the Easy Mode style of the default config pack
- Added Modular Power Suits to the main config pack with IC2 recipes enabled; the Voltz patch changes the recipes to Voltz recipes
- Confirmed working with the latest versions of mods with no further changes

For Brutality Mode:

- Modular Power Suits use GregTech recipes!
- ICBMs can cause major damage to terrain and destroy bedrock!!

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
I second FTB MindCrack and UE compatibility. There are ID conflicts, but not too many, and they are easily resolved via NEI and/ or ID Resolver. Adding EE3, Mystcraft, and Ars Magica is relatively easy as well, if you know what your doing when resolving ID conflicts.

WitherSauce

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, sorry, wasnt too clear in my message.

I did notice. I was (not very clearly) endorsing your configs by saying the fusion of the two packs is stable :) Some people might be wary, so it might be nice to have a second confirmation.

Reactions: Velotican

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
New blocks have been added to the Twilight Forest which means it's time for a config pack update. There's a little cleanup work done too. The original post has been updated.

Note that the latest versions of Modular Power Suits from build #110 onwards add a conflict with Mystcraft that crashes the game whenever you open a Mystcraft book try to use any Mystcraft feature whatsoever. For this reason, the latest build confirmed to work with this config pack is build #108. Hopefully this is caught and fixed soon.

- Updated config for Twilight Forest 1.15.2; new block IDs assigned FTB-compatible values
- Because of a silly mistake on my end, I have not been keeping IC2 ChargePads in-date; this has been rectified and the config confirmed working with the latest version
- Modular Power Suits now have TE and IC2 recipes enabled in the default easy mode config; supports up to build #108
- Confirmed working with the latest versions of all other mods with no further changes

[There are no Brutality Mode changes in this release.]

Edit 12/02/13: Another quick update to the config pack for the new version of Steve's Carts. Another block ID has been added.

- Updated config for Steve's Carts 2 alpha 53; new block IDs assigned FTB-compatible values
- Confirmed working with the latest versions of all other mods with no further changes

[There are no Brutality Mode changes in this release.]

Edit 16/02/13: If you're wondering, I'm waiting on an FTB pack update (due Monday) to update the config packs and bring them back into sync with the default configs. They shouldn't be very different at all but there are probably going to be a few wildcards. Additionally I've been crashing when trying to update the Voltz support so this has delayed updates further.

Also, a few mods are being added to the FTB family so these have to be added with care.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
New FTB pack updates means a new config pack! These have been synced up with the latest versions of the FTB packs. I didn't need to do much. ;) New mods have been added and there are new IDs used for new items.

I'm not sure why I never did this before but the original post has been updated to include a list of supported mods and the versions supported. This list is basically every mod in an FTB pack but it's included for the cautious user anyway. :)

Some mods already have newer versions than the ones included in the FTB releases and the config pack has been tested against these latest versions before uploading. As per usual you should be OK with the latest versions of mods using this config pack.

Voltz support has been temporarily withdrawn until I can get it stable again. It will be added back in a future release. Sorry about that. :( If you were using Modular Power Suits with this config pack there will be block ID changes as the FTB guys aren't using the default config.

There may be ongoing conflict issues between Modular Power Suits and Mystcraft. Please report any problems and I shall pass them onto the MPS bug tracker. They may have been fixed by now but it's not really clear.

Changelog:
This version of the pack has been tested against Forge #524. Support for Forge #527 and higher is not confirmed, but possible.

Support added to the main config for:
- Compact Solars [4.0.3.29]
- Modular Power Suits [0.2.2.144]
- Thaumic Bees [1.4.1]
- Xeno's Reliquary [1.0.5d]

(Yup, this entire time I derped and forgot to include a Compact Solars config for people who prefer that mod. It's fixed now!)

- Settings (especially GregTech) have been re-checked and should once again match the reported changes in all modes
- GregTech's cascading electrical failure gameplay has been disabled totally as I originally intended
- After careful consideration, Blast Furnace gameplay has been restored and you will need a Blast Furnace once more to make the special GregTech ingots

For Brutality Mode:

- Settings have been rechecked and should once again match the reported changes in all modes
- Mystcraft's new ore modifier symbols are disabled
- Instead of disabling the lava and platinum centrifuge recipes, they have been made grossly impractical instead; this reflects a change in the config design for GregTech
- Compact Solars has nerfs synced with the existing nerfs in Advanced Solar Panels

Voltz support has been withdrawn until further notice - it should hopefully return soon!

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Soo forgive my asking but then if I go to the UE website are all the mods listed there included in the FTB pack? Like Fluid Mechanics and Synta Craft?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
They are the mods included in the Voltz pack. Other than MFFS and now MPS none of those mods are in FTB by default. However, people wanted UE/Voltz support in FTB and I was happy to oblige them. I'd have included it in the latest config pack were it not for the fact that they always crash on startup. As soon as I get it to stop doing that I'll add support again.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I got it to stop crashing. :D

UE/Voltz has a new mod in the family. This mod adds new worldgen. As per usual, travel to unexplored chunks to find the new features.

At the time of writing, versions of Blastcraft newer than 0.6.1.30 crash on startup. Update past this version at your own risk.

- A couple of mods updated in the last few hours, once again the latest versions are confirmed working
- Optional Voltz support restored, supports the latest versions of Voltz mods except...
- Blastcraft is only confirmed to work with the config pack up to version 0.6.1.30
- New UE mod Syntacraft is now supported

- Removed an obsolete secondary config file for MPS that was causing crashes

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
i think your mass fab rate is wrong...

"Regular Mass Fabricator rate=1666666(just remove a 6)"

You have like 46667 or something

Status
Not open for further replies.