Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you're taking a break. Sounds like it's long overdue.

Working 14-20 hours is simply nuts, girl. It sounds like your commitment to FTB was a source of great pleasure, and a welcome distraction, but you have to put your life and friends first.
As for abuse from those anonymous trolls who inhabit the the dark corners -- sadly this is a feature of any large internet community. They have problems. When you can no longer filter it out, it becomes yours too.

I simply wish you well and please, please ... get some rest.

dazsim

Jul 29, 2019
As someone who has a friend in your situation Jaded, I completely sympathise. They played vanilla survival 20 hours a day and hung out on teamspeak for most of it(I wont name the server or the person, I am still hoping the people responisble will be dealt with...) and she was verbally abused on there constantly. People would log into teamspeak when there was no one else about and hurl disgusting comments at her and then leave. This went on until she was forced to quit. As well as this, at the same time staff were abusing their powers and griefing her and her builds. The server owner has been told but nothing has been done because theres "no proof". I am hoping they will man up and put their foot down but i'm not hopeful. So I truely hope you enjoy your break, that the people responsible die a slow and painful death and that where ever you end up holidaying, its a good one! I dont know about anyone else but the repeated reports of abuse to other players has left me with zero tolerance to bullying in minecraft in general. Take care and have fun Jaded!

daz

__Miguel_

Jul 29, 2019
I really don't understand why there's peoples hating on you...
You've always been a nice girl that did add lot of fun in the DW forgecraft videos that I watch every day and I liked watching your live-streams when I was able too D:

I'll be glad to see you back once you feel like streaming once again

People like to have targets. And if it's a strong, independent woman in charge of something and with a very powerful personality, like Jaded, then they like it even more, and they will often go out of their way just to mess with her.

I've said if before, and I'll say it again, I love Jaded's presence and style, I love her rants, and I love it when someone manages to channel her to tell someone else to go f*** themselves sideways with a cactus. I even like Magic Farm, though I won't touch it with a 10-foot pole because it's too frustrating for me (which is another thing I like about Jaded, her sadist streak... hehehe).

Jaded, I hope you find your peace, your rest, and the strength you need to find your happiness again, and hopefully then come back, stronger than ever, like a Phoenix.

Reactions: SarahBelham

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Disrespectful people suck. Let's make that clear. Whether they're in front of you or behind a computer monitor, they will bring you down and I don't care how strong you think you are when you say they don't because they do and you're a damn fool for saying otherwise. True strength isn't in believing you're above any sort of insult. Strength is admitting to yourself that effects you like any other human being and most of all strength is the ability to let go and move on because as hurtful as people are their words only cut as deep as you let it.

It's different on the internet than it is in real life. In real life, you're lucky- Or rather, incredibly unlucky, to find yourself dealing with more than a handful of people at a time, those people are held back by social restrictions and law. On the internet, there's just so many of them. Even more when you have a degree of fame and they're all wearing that badge of anonymity proudly like a badge of honor. A badge that says "Screw you, you can't do a damn thing about what I say because you don't know who the hell I am and there's absolutely no consequence to my actions what-so-ever."

It's hard dealing with that many people with that little respect. Especially when your own actions do have repercussions and you have to use the utmost respect in dealing with these people and when you don't have that much support it's almost unbearable. I once listened to a podcast, made by very popular youtubers, who said that they have their own little youtube commenter support group and without that they wouldn't be able to cope. I never even looked at them this way before, to think that such successful giants on the internet needed to resort to such a thing.

I never touched that damn comment box again. Lemme tell you.

They also said something else. It was a quote from Patrick Klepek of Giant Bomb. You can find this quote here - http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/so-fez-ii/1100-4700/ which talks about the whole Fish and Beer controversy surrounding Fez II, a decidedly similar-ish situation.

99% of the Internet has been nothing but nice to me, even when it’s a backhanded compliment. It’s easy to focus on that 1%. That 1% is vile, hateful, spiteful, jealous, mean, and would likely be as venomous in a public place as they are with a badge of anonymity. Many are probably teenagers who will grow up and learn to regret their ignorant actions, but some of them aren’t, and those are the people who scare me the most. But I can’t spend my day worrying about the 1%. I wake up every day trying to make the other 99% happy.
In closing I wish JadedCat the best. I don't know her. I don't know her at all, as much as I'd like to. It's a shame that we never talked, we, or rather I probably had the opportunity to and never took it and I regret it. However I do know this situation marginally well and I certainly know and respect the decision she made all too well. I wish her -- you, the best and the moment I find a nice tropical island with WIFI connectivity I'm not using, your name will be the first I think of. Promise.

ChrisC

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, I will be sad to see you go, but I understand fully your need for a break. You being happy with your own life is the most important thing. And hopefully the support of the FTB community will help you drown out the voices of the unreasonable asshats who drove you away. You're an amazing person, and your distinctly fun, silly, and kick ass personality has kept me entertained many of times. Thanks for being awesome!

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Hello JadedCat,

Sorry to hear that you are leaving. I hope everything works out for you! I remember a couple of months ago reading an article linked in an Aureylian tweet that spoke about some pretty shameful things that happen to female gamers on things like Mass Effect online (and other places) and reading through the comments I saw both you and Morvelaira had commented about your own experiences. I am ashamed of the way that some people in the minecraft community have chosen to act towards you, but there are many of us who appreciate your hard work and awesome humour. For the record I have enjoyed your twitch stream and loved it when you were in Dire's videos. I showed this thread to my Girlfriend who doesn't play Minecraft but watches Direwolf20 with me sometimes. You have both of our best wishes.

NashuLee

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded, I am sorry to here about the troubles you have had. I would like you to know I am praying for you. I do not know anything about your worldview, so I am not sure if that means anything to you or not. But I would like you to know that you have been lifted up. I am praying for your troubles in life. I pray that you would know that you are loved by the one that made you and the He knows what you are dealing with and that He cares. I have had life hit me hard MANY times over, and it is Him that has pulled me through it all. Christ is there and He loves you.

If you are not a believer, I understand and I pray you are not offended by this, but I would like to say, He is the answer to when life hits you hard, knocks you down and spits on you.

May God Bless you.

Nash

Virgoddess

Jul 29, 2019
There are a lot of things I'd like to say, but I'll just say that I'm so sorry you've been treated so poorly. People have the capacity to be such utter assholes.

I wish you well.

moondrixx

Jul 29, 2019
Reading back through this im crying, the fun we all had watching u have fun. Gona miss you hard.

Imalune

Jul 29, 2019
I'm happy we met even though we don't talk much. I will always be able to talk to you whenever you want to or need to Jaded. You're a great person from as much as I can know, even though it is not much.

Reactions: __Miguel_

JezuitX

Jul 29, 2019
You will be missed, and I hope that whatever caused this resignation isn't as bad as it sounds. I wish you nothing but the best in your future.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
one less streamer I have to moderate for...
And you were the main reason I was promoted moderator for 4 more streamers.
The first time I ever went to Twitch was to watch your channel. And I kept coming back, as eager as a child for christmas, hoping to catch your next stream.

Thank you for colouring my time spent there..... well, colourful.

And thank you for the most memorable quotes, which I shall cherish forever:
Who the hell in my chat doesn't know how to moderate!???!?
me
Ugh! People with difficult names should be shot!
Aaah!!
Yes, Maanus. Slow still has a hard on for Canker
Technic and FTB communicating? Would never happen. We hate each other, everyone knows that. Geez don't you people read reddit?
Linky

If you ever come back, please do tell, so I can teach you how to pronounce my name correctly :p
'Til we meet again...

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm,

F-ing politics. I play FTB Modded Minecraft for my Games. But there are always some out there that like to play RL Games with RL people. Normally people with power and less of a clue than those doing the actual work or job so to speak.
My best to you in whatever your direction leads you Jaded. Take No Prisoners and Take No Sh*t.

Cragrim

Jul 29, 2019
Sad to see you go! And sad to hear about the flaming aimed at you. :(
Burnout can happen to anyone usually being the combination of many reasons. Sadly it often to those who are the most dedicated in their work.

Best of luck to you with any future endeavors! Be it private or professional! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.