RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

upsbud

Jul 29, 2019
but who says all alcohol should taste like paint stripper? what's wrong with one that doesn't trace fire down your throat or look/taste like fermented germs?

Whenever I go to the bar I always tell the bartender I want the fruitiest drink they have, there's nothing wrong with that......is there?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Whenever I go to the bar I always tell the bartender I want the fruitiest drink they have, there's nothing wrong with that......is there?
Neah, reminds me of this one time where I asked a bartender for a fruity mochito, the guy gave me a drink which looked like a salad bowl, but damn was it good :D.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. If it doesn't taste good, why drink it? There are plenty of drinks that taste great but will still get you as drunk as you want. Consider my above mentioned mojito and absinthe. That has a comparable if not higher alcohol than most straight vodkas:)

Pure absinthe is closing in on everclear, and you still can't taste the alcohol. It's just licorice:)

Note: Be VERY careful with straight absinthe. At 150-185 proof AND tasting good...that stuff can be evil.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I agree. If it doesn't taste good, why drink it? There are plenty of drinks that taste great but will still get you as drunk as you want. Consider my above mentioned mojito and absinthe. That has a comparable if not higher alcohol than most straight vodkas:)

Pure absinthe is closing in on everclear, and you still can't taste the alcohol. It's just licorice:)

Note: Be VERY careful with straight absinthe. At 150-185 proof AND tasting good...that stuff can be evil.
Also be careful what kind of Absinthe you get. Wormwood is bad, mmmkay? Granted, properly prepared absinthe is no more dangerous than any other potent spirit, but if they don't do it right, the effects can be very dangerous. My brother was stationed over in Germany, and had a buddy who got into a lot of trouble and had to get hauled to the medics after an incident with some.

I'm also of the opinion that a drink should be worth tasting. If I don't enjoy the flavor, why bother drinking it? I guess that's why I'm a bigger fan of mixed drinks.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Wah, now an information thread s turning into an alcoholic thread?
There's a significant difference between enjoying alcohol and an alcoholic. There can and often are overlaps, but one implies an addiction and the other doesn't require an addiction. Just saying.

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Wah, now an information thread s turning into an alcoholic thread?
Happens quite a lot when there's no information:) If anything changes on that front, it'll be promptly updated.

Also be careful what kind of Absinthe you get. Wormwood is bad, mmmkay? Granted, properly prepared absinthe is no more dangerous than any other potent spirit, but if they don't do it right, the effects can be very dangerous. My brother was stationed over in Germany, and had a buddy who got into a lot of trouble and had to get hauled to the medics after an incident with some.

I'm also of the opinion that a drink should be worth tasting. If I don't enjoy the flavor, why bother drinking it? I guess that's why I'm a bigger fan of mixed drinks.

Very true, but it's easy to tell what is good and bad "absinthe". The bad stuff is actually not true absinthe, as it's mixed. All absinthe is made using wormwood, but the distillation destroys the poison. Throwing wormwood into a pot of everclear and letting it soak is not really absinthe. Even then, the poison is usually quite small. You have to use way more wormwood than normal, as well as drinking quite a bit of it. That being said, it's very possible and does happen.

If you buy Absinthe in any modernized country, they will have regulations regarding the amount of poison so it'll be safe for consumption. There was a time when it was banned until they learned more about it. Naturally, when it made its return, regulations were put in place to ensure it was only distilled and not mixed.

Also, as you say: It's a very potent spirit. A lot of the effects attributed to Absinthe ( hallucinations for example ) are actually just a result of the alcohol in large quantities. If you drink Absinthe the same way you drink vodka, you'll be lucky if it's just hallucinations you get:)

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Slay, there is no information right now... would you rather what we've got going on here, or the nightmare in the other thread...

Next up, I say RELEASE THE KITTENS!

http://goodmorningkitten.com/
Agreed, I prefer this!:

alcoholic-cat.jpg

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
So now there's a 1.4.6... I wonder if Redpower will make it out before that's released, or if that will bring another month delay? If the latter, that will be met with another multi-month delay when 1.5 comes out in January, because you know the REDSTONE UPDATE is going to fuck up redpower.

Reactions: Confidential1207

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I came here to find out who put monazit in my ravine, but now I'm thirsty instead.
And to those who prefer their drinks tasty. I agree. drinking alcohol just for the buz alone is just not worth it. the buz from alcohol is not really all that good either tbh. and the aftermath is horrible if you overdo it. a common occurrence once the ol judgement is chased away by the booze demon. anyone recognize this line: "I feel fine now. a little more wont hurt!?! " :oops:

Reactions: Ashzification

luacs1998

Jul 29, 2019
Kitten cannons... Like some kind of meme here? Like how the BtW thread have their pastries?
EDIT: ChickenBones, can I borrow your cat?

Bhaz

Jul 29, 2019
Are beta pack worlds going to be compatible with the new pack / ultimate pack once RP2 is released, or are all the block IDs changing?

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
Just don't explore too far, or mine too much, and be prepared to remake your age you mine in for redpower 2 ores, and then be ready to do it again for xycraft ores.
Once I realized that my explorations are preventing volcanoes, my heart sort of went out of exploring my overworld.
I'll tell you what to do for ores? When new ores are added to FTB, make a mining age. When more are added, delete the old mining age and make a new one :D

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
They have said the FTB Beta pack does NOT use the standardized configs yet ( magic pack and later do ), so there WILL be changes. Make sure to correct your configs, or you will see lots of stuff vanish.

This means make sure to back up your server/saves BEFORE updating!