RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Reenigne

Jul 29, 2019
so far optifine, steve's carts and Iron Chests have "official" updates denoflionsx has a jenkins built version of Buildcraft thats compatibe with 1.4.6 but thats all i have found (atleast that im interested in)
url to Denoflionsx buildcraft package:
https://github.com/denoflionsx/BuildCraft-Distro

Denoflions is incredibly quick with these things, wow! Out quicker than Sengir. But is the FTB team willing to use an update of buildcarft that was not posted by one of the current principals of the buildcraft project? From what Slowpoke has indicated, unlikely, they will wait either for an endorsement from one of the buildcraft overlords or wait for a public release, like would be posted on the main buildcraft page.

Also while checking for buildcraft update noticed this:
"Requires Forge .408+. Do NOT install ModLoader oder ModLoaderMP."

"oder" ModLoaderMP? Deutsch anyone? (Sengir is german (Deutschländer) right?)

Not criticizing, just thought it was funny.

mynd

Jul 29, 2019
So is RP2 gonna be integrated into FTB anytime soon? Been waiting for months now and I didn't really see anything about this anywhere. If direwolf20's pack wasn't missing half the mods I want to try, I'd go with it. It is a good alternative though.

For being one of the most popular, most loved, mods around, Redpower is like the bane of all minecraft existence lol.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
The Direwolf and Mindcrack packs are maintained by the FTB team, and they do include Redpower 2.

The Beta pack was a beta, a test, and is not the FTB pack. The "FTB Pack" will be designed around the FTB map and will probably release at about the same time. It won't be the ideal pack for engineering diversity because of being designed for a single, specific challenge map. The Ultimate Pack might be the sort of thing you're waiting for, but the ETA on that is... anyone's guess. If you want to play a diverse pack in the meantime, just go with the Mindcrack pack and disable GregTech if you don't want to deal with it.

mynd

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest concern is avoiding too many re-rolls when there is a new pack out or changes requiring certain ores to be seeded during generation :/

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica, if/when it's included, has one ore, I believe, and has a few buildings and dungeons it sprinkles about. Tropicraft, if/when it's included, has pineapples and palm trees, and maybe some bamboo. Those are the only two I'm aware of that might be added and have any world gen stuff. If you don't plan on making use of either of them, or you have no qualms using Mystcraft for the Ars Magica strutures and Tropicraft plants, then I don't think you're going to run into much of a problem using the Mindcrack pack. The Direwolf pack is missing GregTech ore generation.

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Ars Magica has a LOT of structures involved. Of all the changes strongly encouraging a reset, that would be a big one. Heavy exploration focus and you require a lot of those locations to learn all the myriad spells.

And at last look, Tropicraft is still listed as "No Permissions" in the mod suggestion thread.