RedPower news, and thaumcraft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
We are getting close on RedPower, slowpoke just put this out in several channels in irc.

<slowpoke> here is the news on RP
<slowpoke> There are 4 serious bugs left to resolve in Red Power 2. There has been no progress over the last week due to Eloraam being swamped with work in real life. Things have eased off now and Eloraam has returned to coding this weekend and hopes to have something ready for release soon.

We know Thaumcraft is out, we are working on it, don't post lots of threads asking.

update: We are private testing the FTB "Magic" pack. It includes thaumcraft. We are hoping for a release sometime tomorrow. Subject to bugs, updates, slowpoke dieing, etc

"redpower is down to 2 bugs according to overmind on #redpower irc" from Techtronic
"1 bug left according to sciguyryan on the #redpower irc" from slimjimjimmy

Also, it appears that the main redpower thread looks slightly different. Or is that just me?

Looks like it's close!

Heavens_Rejected

Jul 29, 2019
this is nice to know, the second I heard that Thaumcraft 3 was out I jumped over here to see if there was any news about updates for it.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
That is great news. hopefully Eloram has managed to make IC and BC machines movable by the frames too without them bugging out like they do in 1.2.5
I used to dream about having a big frames UFO with various resource extractors mounted on booms so that i could slowly fly over to a new chunk, then park and suck the area dry of resources....

Reactions: Heavens_Rejected

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
This right here is all that can be asked for. :D

A small nod on progress and otherwise keeping the focus on behind the scenes. Anticipation builds. :eek:

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Any chance we could get the block and item IDs for thaumcraft so we can run it now without future conflict?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
update: We are private testing the FTB "Magic" pack. It includes thaumcraft. We are hoping for a release sometime tomorrow. Subject to bugs, updates, slowpoke dieing, etc
Slowpoke, I demand that you not croak. I'd demand that you not croak anyways, but this makes the demand ever so slightly more urgent.

Reactions: MrZwij

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
This is why I'm very glad I learned to put my own "mod pack" (i.e. install lots of mods) together during the long wait for FTB- it means I can test out tasty Thaumcraft goodness without waiting for an official release! Of course, it also means I have roughly a hundred files to go individually download. *sigh*

ksbd

Jul 29, 2019
Will Thaumcraft be included in the main modpack, or as a separate magic modpack?

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
From what Slowpoke101 has said, it seems like it will be in a Magic Pack and a Universal Pack. It does not seem like it's going to be in the pack for the FTB challenge map, unless I've misunderstood. I've seen no indication for whether or not it will be in the Lite Pack.

TheMap

Jul 29, 2019
I hope thaumcraft will be included in the main modpack. I have alot of players waiting on that and redpower2 to be incorporated on the server. Magic pack sounds good but really hope they don't just put it in there.

Narcisism

Jul 29, 2019
We are getting close on RedPower, slowpoke just put this out in several channels in irc.

<slowpoke> here is the news on RP
<slowpoke> There are 4 serious bugs left to resolve in Red Power 2. There has been no progress over the last week due to Eloraam being swamped with work in real life. Things have eased off now and Eloraam has returned to coding this weekend and hopes to have something ready for release soon.

We know Thaumcraft is out, we are working on it, don't post lots of threads asking.

It's amazing how much something as simple as "there are 4 serious bugs left" can increase my patience :p Thanks for the heads up :D

Yuki

Jul 29, 2019
That is great news. hopefully Eloram has managed to make IC and BC machines movable by the frames too without them bugging out like they do in 1.2.5
I used to dream about having a big frames UFO with various resource extractors mounted on booms so that i could slowly fly over to a new chunk, then park and suck the area dry of resources....
I once had one like that, called it the locust cause it ran in a straight line like a swarm of locusts, it was a line of miners connected to mv solar panels so I didn't scar the world horribly. Cost a lot of resource but it paid for itself it about two full runs. Only problem was the server I played had a maximum of 100 frames and items on frames and I pushed the limit with just getting 6 miners and a 4 axis drive running so I couldn't get it automated 100%. It mined retracted and filled the holes but it never could move when it was done.
Anyway I literally saw TC3 update and ran to grab a copy of it lol it was really the only thing I wanted badly so I can wait on the pack to be at least in its final stages while I play TC3/vanilla. RP2 is great I love everything it does and I miss having it and Eloraam is awesome but Alblaka of IC2 and Azanor of TC3 will always be my heroes with Sengir coming in behind them. The reason? IC2 crops TC3 research and Forestry bees I love things that take time to create and require somewhat of a sharp mind and patience and so those three mods will always be the ones I follow like a fan girl lol.

Reactions: ksbd

CoderJ

Jul 29, 2019
I think she fixed that, based on DW20 building a mining rig complete with ore processing on it using the 'frubes' (does using the cool kid slang for that make me street?). Although, I think he's using ThermalExpansion, should be the same for BC/IC2 stuff.