Red Power 2 status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
So even your base word choice doesn't defend your asinine claim that murder and copyright violations are on the same level.

Congratulations on being the third (I think) person to mistakenly think that's what I was saying, well done.

This passive-aggressive litigous friends math pie stuff is kind of petty and dbaggy btw, considering I gracefully bowed out, but by all means carry on.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Congratulations on being the third (I think) person to mistakenly think that's what I was saying, well done.

It may not have been what you intended to say, which is believable because it's such an utterly stupid statement, but it is what you actually said. The failure to communicate your intended idea is on you.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
""Legality is binary, which is what I was obviously commenting on and not equating the two (murder and copyright infringement) :p""

Double quoting because you didn't read the quote you yourself are commenting on. Take your time with it, I believe in you.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, apparently it's just impossible for people to understand I was doing a simple reductive demonstration, so let me re-word the original offending statement.

"It's not a grey area lol, if you murder someone and no one notices it's still a crime."

*magic noises*

It's not a grey area lol, if you redistribute someones mod (illegally) and they don't notice, it's still been redistributed (illegally).

Ok children? Can we move on?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
""Legality is binary, which is what I was obviously commenting on and not equating the two (murder and copyright infringement) :p""

Double quoting because you didn't read the quote you yourself are commenting on. Take your time with it, I believe in you.

And it was in that statement that you equated murder and copyright infringement. That your statement is incontrovertibly wrong is also the reason murder and copyright infringement are not equatable.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. At this point I HOPE this is trolling from you all. Good lord.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
That makes the whole 'don't touch my code' crap worse! Mojang are being cool, and then modders are turning around and acting like their mod code is specialer than Minecraft's code. Modders are dependent on Mojang's kindness*, yet most are perfectly happy not to extend that to others. Part me want Mojang to forbid non-API mods if the official API comes out, just to see the reaction.

QFT Since everyone seems to have passed up this nugget of knowledge.

The entire "don't touch my mod without permission!" comes off as nothing but arrogance and inflated ego at work. The fact that any of these mods only exist because of another game they are directly modding and depending only adds to the lulz in their statements. I despise what happened to the modding community over the years; ten plus years ago the idea of "getting permission" from some Joe on the internet wasn't even thought of, instead you just credited them and were done with it. Now we have this garbage.

Personally I think all mods, for all games, should be required to be released under the Creative Commons Licenses.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
No, I think we are in too deep. Whoever posted the tank video, thanks for that, pretty cool to see the inside of one.

As for the topic stated in the thread title, I think its been passed back and forth and is so beaten, we should leave it resting on the ground.

Reactions: kilteroff

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
But one must beat the dead horse to a pulp.... and the tank was awesome...

I despise what happened to the modding community over the years; ten plus years ago the idea of "getting permission" from some Joe on the internet wasn't even thought of, instead you just credited them and were done with it. Now we have this garbage.

I feel that is where shit has hit the fan, people don't give credit where credit is due. Rather, they claim their piracy as original content and vehemently deny the very possibility of copying. Soon you have a feud going on with those that know the truth and those that think they know the truth. For an observer coming in afterwards it is nothing but non-sense and gibberish, but for those involved since the beginning it is a hot button topic full of emotion.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
So...can we get back on topic sometime soon?
NEVAH
EVERY SINGLE THREAD WILL GO INTO OFF-TOPIC SOME DAY.
IT'S THE CYCLE.
CREATION, DISCUSSION, OFF-TOPIC.
CREATION: The first three pages (normally). It is when the discussion is starting, people are posting their opinions without the need to defend them.
DISCUSSION: The next pages until OFF-TOPIC. Discussion is going one, posting your opinion comes with a wall of text to make people actually believe in it and agree with it, or just be able to defend it.
OFF-TOPIC: Someone brings something that triggers an off-topic discussion (law, browsers, internet virus, religion, politics...) until the thread is closed by a moderator.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
NEVAH
EVERY SINGLE THREAD WILL GO INTO OFF-TOPIC SOME DAY.
IT'S THE CYCLE.
CREATION, DISCUSSION, OFF-TOPIC.
CREATION: The first three pages (normally). It is when the discussion is starting, people are posting their opinions without the need to defend them.
DISCUSSION: The next pages until OFF-TOPIC. Discussion is going one, posting your opinion comes with a wall of text to make people actually believe in it and agree with it, or just be able to defend it.
OFF-TOPIC: Someone brings something that triggers an off-topic discussion (law, browsers, internet virus, religion, politics...) until the thread is closed by a moderator.

you forgit the first rule:

the topic has to have one of this words for that to happen: gregtech, nerf, redpower, update or OP.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
nah, topics get derailed when they're too stupid or limiting to stay onrails without repeating onesself multiple times.

minusthedrifter

Jul 29, 2019
I feel that is where shit has hit the fan, people don't give credit where credit is due. Rather, they claim their piracy as original content and vehemently deny the very possibility of copying. Soon you have a feud going on with those that know the truth and those that think they know the truth. For an observer coming in afterwards it is nothing but non-sense and gibberish, but for those involved since the beginning it is a hot button topic full of emotion.

That is likely very true and some of the main motivators behind the change. However, even that I feel plays into the ego stroking of modders egos.

Personally I only know the names of two modders of any of the FTB mods and that Elo and Soryan. For other games I could never tell you a modders name but I could certainly remember the names of dozens of mods and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I don't care if Joe Blow made or Joe Schmoe made a mod or who copied what I just want the mod.

I say that, also, as a modder myself for dozens of games. I've released countless things before and always end posts with something along the lines of "Use it, abuse it, credit me or not, just enjoy it." Once I release something I don't care what happens to it, it's on the intertubez now. I'll keep working on it as I go but if someone else uses oh well.

John Freeman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering why she doesn't make the mod open source if she isn't going to bother updating it. Why hold the mod to yourself if you're not going to contribute?

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I'm wondering why she doesn't make the mod open source if she isn't going to bother updating it. Why hold the mod to yourself if you're not going to contribute?

Because she is going to bother updating it.
Last we heard she is currently working on updating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.