Red Power 2 status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I think you a word.
Nah, it was on purpose. There are several common jokes in Polandball (political mock-off) such as "can't into x", when someone/some country is unable to perform such action. For example, Poland can't into space, Brazil can into HUE, EUA can't into jokes...

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Self awareness. Yet another thing this community lacks. Them insults clearly mean you have no point by your own logic! Oh noes!

Clearly you don't see the difference between insulting those you are arguing with, and insulting those that you arguing against. See you insulted those arguing, ie.Name Calling or Ad Hominem. I insulted those that are doing wrong, which probably has a fancy word but has nothing to do with self awareness.

Although to be fair, I can see how in your attempts to defend your unjust insults you would try to make a silly argument.

Either way, you already made your point more than clear by calling those of us defending Elo and her mod "bitter fanbois" and from my experience you are simply going to keep making strawmen and ignoring any and all logic to defend your position.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Ya know, I don't get why people come into a community only to diss it...with completely invalid rubbish. If you're gonna troll, at least be entertaining, geez.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I can't believe it took this long for a voice of reason to make an appearance.

The kid posted some pictures! For all you know, he's a huge fan of Eloram and her work, has nothing but great respect for her, and wouldn't dream of publicly defying a well-liked mod author's polite and reasonable wishes.

Note that it's pretty much entirely not illegal to examine a program that runs on your computer if all you ever do is derp around with locally. So kudos to him. This is one of the things we've been struggling to keep legal in the western world, and what is so very threatened by toxic "EULAs".

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
The chances of this being the case are slim to none.

You cannot penalize someone for a thing they might do. Unless you have precogs. Even then its wrong every so often.

Also, if someone does this and Eloraam never files a complaint, then is it illegal? Its a grey area.

Reactions: Catarooni

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot penalize someone for a thing they might do. Unless you have precogs. Even then its wrong every so often.

Also, if someone does this and Eloraam never files a complaint, then is it illegal? Its a grey area.

It's not a grey area lol, if you murder someone and no one notices it's still a crime.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Did you ignore my post, ED, and gave absolutely no shits to it (the one that is after Lambert's post)?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Did you ignore my post, ED, and gave absolutely no shits to it (the one that is after Lambert's post)?
I was correcting Lambert because I most commonly see "I think you accidentally a word" as a response to missing words (both unintentional ones, or intentional ones as yours was, due to being an instance of a similar meme) as it is a variation of the "I accidentally" meme. The fact that you were using a meme yourself was immaterial to my response to his post, and thus I saw no need to address your post, though it was informative. It's not always about you, okay?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I was correcting Lambert because I most commonly see "I think you accidentally a word" as a response to missing words (both unintentional ones, or intentional ones as yours was, due to being an instance of a similar meme) as it is a variation of the "I accidentally" meme. The fact that you were using a meme yourself was immaterial to my response to his post, and thus I saw no need to address your post, though it was informative. It's not always about you, okay?
Sorry, I did not know about Lambert's phrase, thus making me unable to understand what you said, leaving me with a "What?" face.
It was just the fact that I didn't knew about an inside joke.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
How precise is the computer craft timer? ie. how small of a timer interval can you set? I presume 1 tick or greater.
I know you can pass values to sleep() calls that include fractions (ie 2.5) of seconds, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that it CC time-based functions have by-tick resolution.

[ETA]

And again, just throwin it out there...if you don't mind tacking on an extra mod to your pack, PowerCraft's got both the timer and logic gate functionality covered. Hell, the timer in PowerCraft's a hell of a lot easier to work with, considering there's only an "OK" and "Cancel" button, and 2 text boxes, one for interval and one for pulse duration. It doesn't get much simpler than that. From my own experience (no solid numbers, I don't compulsively benchmark my games), the PowerCraft logic/timers generally cause less lag than their RP2 counterparts, which for laptops like mine that aren't exactly top-of-the-line, its a damn handy bit of functionality to have.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Some of us don't code and don't like using other peoples work, which leaves computercraft completely out of the question

That kind of leaves mods, and minecraft, for that matter, completely out of the question, doesn't it?

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I think they mean programming and using someone else's code without understanding it.

Not in the sense of they don't like cars because someone else worked on them. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.