Red Power 2 status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean there is a way to simulate a timer.
Unless a timer has been added.

Which can still do the same thing as a timer. Rednet is great because it lets you do so many things.

Honestly, I'd love to have Redpower in the pack. It's pretty cool and I like the flax and gems and stuff like that. But if it becomes a factor is delays, is buggy, and can be replaced, by all means replace it. It's a great mod, but it's not quite good at updating.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, over on the Minecraft forums there is a person with about 8 posts on his account. He/She has a functioning version of Redpower2 for 1.5.2 and seems to be actively working on it. Its quite buggy, and no one is sure if he will release it, but it shows it can be done.

Until further notice, assume that Redpower2 is not going to be around for a couple weeks at least. Plan your builds accordingly, you will know when RP2 is released, the forums will burst.
I'd not use it on principal. Eloraam's mod is closed source and any breach of that, while difficult to prove illegality, is immoral and quite frankly disrespectful. I would rather play with no RP2 than use said persons version.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
I'd not use it on principal. Eloraam's mod is closed source and any breach of that, while difficult to prove illegality, is immoral and quite frankly disrespectful. I would rather play with no RP2 than use said persons version.

Disrespectful? Maybe, but in the end the masses won't care. Redpower is one helluva drug, some people give few fucks about where something comes from, as long as they get their fix. Besides, its not like if that person releases the world will end, I don't see it doing any damage, Redpower is free, there is no monetary loss.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I can't help but wonder what ever happened to respecting peoples wishes.
As for damage, if said jack wagon decides to keep monkeying with it then we'll end up with a fragmented RP2. If said jack wagon decides to call it RP2 and/or claim credit for it then there shall forever more be a feud between those that know the truth and those that think they know the truth.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
link to the thread please?
ugh, now I have to create an MCF account just to tell this wank satchel that he's a dickhead cunt

Good luck, from what he has said so far, he is Russian, English isn't that good.

Also, he just posted the WIP pics on the Redpower thread, he hasn't actually created his own thread.

Here is his user profile: http://www.minecraftforum.net/user/533832-ga2mer/

Keep in mind this is a 15 year old Russian male, there is a quite low chance telling the "wank satchel that he's a dickhead cunt" will do anything aside from make you look like a person with overly active mouth and no posts or reputation.

Nothing personal, in fact, I love your choice of swears, quite original. Just do me and other people a solid, don't try and make him stop work on his port, for every one person that hates it there is probably 10 that want it.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
That is far from functioning...

In any case, if he is using it as a learning experience than more power to him. If he intends to release it without the consent of the mod maker(or if mod maker has been MIA for some amount of time(year is probably good)) then he is indeed a bad person.

Greyed

Jul 29, 2019
No, I mean there is a way to simulate a timer.
Unless a timer has been added.

It's been there since the introduction of RedNet. It is one of the functions of the PRC. Just like how RedNet is basically bundled and jacketed red alloy in one, the PRC is pretty much every RP2 gate (and a whole lot more) in one.

TheVirQ

Jul 29, 2019
Moral in internets?
Laughing.jpg

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
and the irony if you look at the whole thing.

there is a closed source program. and hundreds of persons are messing around in the inner parts of it, adding new stuff. and some of those people are getting angry if someone messes around with the code they added.

especially eloraam, who needed to decompile/deobfuscate and alter the minecraft code in order to get RP2 working, but would not hesitate to contact a lawyer, if someone alters her own mod-code.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
link to the thread please?
ugh, now I have to create an MCF account just to tell this wank satchel that he's a dickhead cunt
Since he's Russian, might I suggest "ублюдок?" From what I recall, it translates to "bastard" or "mongrel."

Also, just puttin it out there, PowerCraft's got a redstone pulsar which allows you to type in the delay between pulses and the duration of each pulse.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
She said she would update it, i'm not sure why anyone would want to get rid of it, everything in it works together great.

I'd love to keep it in if everything worked great (meaning bugs get smashed) and it keeps up to date with the other mods. I completely love the redpower cabling for example. Unfortunately Eloraam seems to be unable to spend time and also seems to be unable to let anyone else help her update.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
and the irony if you look at the whole thing.

there is a closed source program. and hundreds of persons are messing around in the inner parts of it, adding new stuff. and some of those people are getting angry if someone messes around with the code they added.

especially eloraam, who needed to decompile/deobfuscate and alter the minecraft code in order to get RP2 working, but would not hesitate to contact a lawyer, if someone alters her own mod-code.
and where do you get that absurd notion? Has Eloraam ever contacted a lawyer before about someone fucking around with her code or are you just pulling that out of your arse?

Status
Not open for further replies.