Red Power 2 status?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
That was one tweet in April, wasn't it? I would say getting kicked out of the FTB modpack is a pretty big milestone for missing updates.

More like 8 tweets, but yes it has been over a month since the last communication.
If FTB has to update, it has to update. She is not tied to their schedules, it would be nice, but it is not the case.

Based on the last 3 times she has tweeted it would seem she manifests every 58 days or so. I suspect we will see her again within 2-3 weeks.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Because she is going to bother updating it.
Last we heard she is currently working on updating it.

Because she's supposedly basing a game off the same code.

Given her clear advertisement of code quality and ability to update in a timely manner, I will be sure to never even approach whatever game she eventually makes.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Because she's supposedly basing a game off the same code.

Given her clear advertisement of code quality and ability to update in a timely manner, I will be sure to never even approach whatever game she eventually makes.
I believe it's called Minia or something like that

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
last time the excuse for not to remove redpower was because she tweeted and other mods hadn't updated yet, whats the excuse now?

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
last time the excuse for not to remove redpower was because she tweeted and other mods hadn't updated yet, whats the excuse now?

Because they did remove redpower.

Because if you don't count 1.5.2 as FTB since it's beta, then it's because they haven't updated at all, and won't again until 1.6

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
By my understanding there is no excuse, and there is no need for one. They are planning to remove RP(if not already) so I do not see where the hate for the slow update is coming from.

I like RP, I really do. I am saddened it is not up to date, but I will not cry and moan that Elo likes to do things other than bend over a barrel for a community that she originally gifted the mod to but has now turned the gift into a job.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I like RP, I really do. I am saddened it is not up to date, but I will not cry and moan that Elo likes to do things other than bend over a barrel for a community that she originally gifted the mod to but has now turned the gift into a job.

I don't see any "crying" towards Elo? I think most people are grateful to Elo for the work she did.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
you forgit the first rule:

the topic has to have one of this words for that to happen: gregtech, nerf, redpower, update or OP.

Thus Dravarden hath quoted the Eternal Flame Cycle

And now we have people quoting dates of tweets and other such rubbage. Meanwhile FTB has been planning since before that to not officially update until 1.6. HOPEFULLY sooner, but the plan is 1.6. XyCraft will probably be updated publicly in 1.6 per Soaryn's twitter, MAYBE 1.5 but world breakage is expected so 1.6 is still the logical release parameter.

Does anyone see a vanilla 1.6 yet? I don't, so put that flame in your pocket until it happens or something drastically changes.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
As a peace offering I present a video of me starting an Abrahams tank
A tank as a peace offering = delicious irony :D
You have 7 friends over visiting and they want a slice of delicious taeberry pie.
I have no idea what a taeberry is.
*googles*
Tayberry (Rubus fruticosus x idaeus) is a cultivated shrub in the genus Rubus of the family Rosaceae patented in 1979 as a cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry, and named after the river Tay in Scotland. The fruit is sweeter, much larger, and more aromatic than that of the loganberry, itself a blackberry and red raspberry cross.
Okay that sounds pretty good actually.

Anyhow, cut the pie in half with a concentric circlular cut with radius S/sqrt(2). Then make two perpendicular diameter cuts to make quarters and then eighths. Then everybody kills each other because 4 get crust and 4 don't, and no one is certain that you accurately cut an exact circle with radius S/sqrt(2). :(
You're not a mod/admin, you don't tell me what to do! Leeoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Jeeeeeenkiiiiiins!

Reactions: kilteroff

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
Great, now I want some Tayberries. Anyone know if there is a raspberry bush that is without thorns? Getting in that bush for just a taste of those succulent juices can be quite problematic when it is untrimmed and thorny. No man wants a thorny bush, 'cept to keep the neighbors out....;)

-Z-

Jul 29, 2019
...people keep saying there's all these things that provide redpower's functionality, but I never see them actually link any of them. y'all got a replacement for the microblocks, redstone I can put on whichever side of a block I want, compacted logic gates so I can continue not bloating my builds (and not in a form where I need to know how to code to use it, please), and a source of MJ that's as comparitively inexpensive as a semi-decent blutricity rigging... and maybe another thing like flax so I can continue having a low-hassle source of string... then please pass it along so I can tinker with modpacks and get it all going. otherwise I'm fine on waiting, as much as I'd like to get updated. elo needs to be a bit more visible, yeah, but all the drama is kinda silly.

Reactions: SteveTech

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
About the microblocks, he says they mostly work like RPs, how do they differ?
mod blocks can be turned into microblocks, even if they're not part of any immibis mod. They can cover over IC2 wires, BC pipes etc.
They are also quite buggy atm and prone to dissapearing, but aparently immibis is on it

Mobott

Jul 29, 2019
Well, would you mind linking to a mod that replaces Redpower Frames (that is compatible with FTB)? An alternative to the various Redpower machines (i.e. Deployers) that are in block form, and don't require coding knowledge?

Also, I know that AE is an alternative RP sorting, but there is something about watching color-coded items flow through tubes that I find immensely satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.