Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magicferret

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished Dire's spotlight videos and I'm blown away, well worth the wait. Those new lamps are straight up sexy. Can't wait 'til tomorrow! :)

Larroke

Jul 29, 2019
You have got to be kidding me... Elo spent DAYS of her personal time getting this thing polished for release and now you troll over its release for a new MC version? Dear STEVE.... You people are disgusting.

1.4.6 is a minor upgrade to 1.4.5 and all mods will quickly be updated, get over yourselves. The FTB Pack release is supposedly tomorrow, and I'm sure they're all in there.

Thank you Elo... I've canceled the clown, and the kittens are relieved.

Laguy

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt worry too much about RP2 being for vers 1.4.6. If you catch Slowpokes interview with DocM a day or so ago he said that most if not all the mods are updated for the new MC release. Slowpoke also mentioned there could be an update for the FTB pack either tonight (Friday) or Saturday... they are pushing for a pre-Xmas release.... hopefully this includes RP2 and MC1.4.6.
As for why the pack was released for 1.4.6... I personally think this is a good move. Think yourselves lucky she hasnt hung on for the Redstone update which apparently is game changing. (gulp)

Not sure this is exactly what Slowpoke said. If you listen starting at about 2:06 Slowpoke says that "the mods should be updated very quickly (to 1.4.6)". At 2:16 he says "Friday we should be able to start putting packs together". At 2:22 "and then hopefully on Saturday we may be able to see some of the 1.4.6 packs being released". At 2:32 "we can't say what packs are going to be out yet because we don't know what mods are going to be out".

I didn't hear him say that "all of the mods are updated for the new MC release". And he didn't say "the FTB pack either tonight (Friday) or Saturday". In fact he never said which packs would be released. For all we know they may throw together some new pack combination (although he never said that in the video). He did say that some mods might be removed and others added so who knows how this will turn out. Saturday evening is the livestream and we will probably know by then. Of course it is possible that Elo will just go ahead and give us a 1.4.5 version of RP before then but I doubt that she will want to bypass Slowpokes announcements tomorrow.

Not trying to step on your optimism but I personally think it is unlikely we will get "the FTB pack" on 1.4.6 tomorrow (Saturday) just based on the number of mods that need to get updated to 1.4.6 and the fact that lots of folks are beginning holiday periods. What I do hope they release is a 1.4.5 version of the FTB Beta pack which I think is very doable. Then when the pressure and holidays are over they can go ahead and release a 1.4.6 version. I wouldn't think the changes between 1.4.5 and 1.4.6 would affect existing worlds (although that is just a guess on my part).

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a huge fan of Eloraam, and have donated to her plenty, but I can completely understand why people are frustrated. I'm guessing people are like me and only really have time to play this over Christmas break, and from my understanding some of the modders have taken off for a few weeks for holiday break as well so we won't see a 1.4.6 ftb update till after(just my observation). And the fact she says she has a working 1.4.5 just teases people that could easily pop this into their mod pack and start playing on their current server. I pray to the redpower gods she releases 1.4.5 today.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
You have got to be kidding me... Elo spent DAYS of her personal time getting this thing polished for release and now you troll over its release for a new MC version? Dear STEVE.... You people are disgusting.

1.4.6 is a minor upgrade to 1.4.5 and all mods will quickly be updated, get over yourselves. The FTB Pack release is supposedly tomorrow, and I'm sure they're all in there.

Being her white knight here is not going to win you any points nor any friends. She's a big girl, she can defend herself. EVERYONE here is happy that she has released, make no mistake about it. What they're commenting on is the fact that right at this very moment, she has a working, fully functional 1.4.5 version of the mod. Currently 1.4.5 has every other mod that exists, and very few are up to 1.4.6. The point they're making is if the work is already done for the 1.4.5 version.. what harm would there of been to post both up? They're not calling her names, they're not insulting her, they're doing the same thing they've done since the start.. They're asking 'Why?', which is a perfectly reasonable question to ask. Please don't add to the problem by playing guard dog to someone you hardly even know.

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
well, first off, who cares what version it is, as all the other mods updated pretty fast as minecraft upgraded from 1.3 and higher, rp2 taking the longest though, so if you guys learn to wait, the 1.4.6 port of all the other mods will be finished before the 25th.

on a half on half off topic note: hmmm, elo realeased on the 21st, world didnt end , so *sticks tounge out at slowpoke* you lies slowpoke

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
well, first off, who cares what version it is, as all the other mods updated pretty fast as minecraft upgraded from 1.3 and higher, rp2 taking the longest though, so if you guys learn to wait, the 1.4.6 port of all the other mods will be finished before the 25th.

on a half on half off topic note: hmmm, elo realeased on the 21st, world didnt end , so *sticks tounge out at slowpoke* you lies slowpoke

All the mods have to update then FTB has to compile the modpack most likely delaying this until after christmas. But if they had 1.4.5 we most likely would have it by Saturday.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
All the mods have to update then FTB has to compile the modpack most likely delaying this until after christmas. But if they had 1.4.5 we most likely would have it by Saturday.
it only takes them 30mins to make the modpack now they have all the config preset :p

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
it only takes them 30mins to make the modpack now they have all the config preset :p

that's a good point, but aren't the creators of Thaumcraft 3 and IC2 out on holiday? Plus I haven't heard anything about buildcraft moving over. And Mojang could go all crazy on us and throw another update out. 1.4.5 just make sense right now.

zahfelade

Jul 29, 2019
The point is she should have waited one more day to release the 1.4.6.
Choice 1 - She releases today and you have a day to play around with the new toys in a test world, but only by itself. (we still get RedPower2 today, but can't interface it with other mods yet)
Choice 2 - She waits until tomorrow, you don't get an extra day to play with her new toys, but when you do get them you can play with them AND the rest of the FTB mods. (we have to wait even longer for RedPower2)
Choice 3 - She uploads 1.4.5 today, giving you a chance to play (for one day) with RedPower2 in your current FTB worlds, then she releases the 1.4.6 update tomorrow along with the rest of the mods, and you (possibly) have to start all over again, depending on the choices Slowpoke & the gang make in regards to FTB (Twice the work for Elo, and possible tease/waste of time for us if we have to restart our worlds/servers)
Choice 4 - She uploads them both at the same time (today), and everyone is happy one day earlier than you are suggesting. (Twice the work for Elo, 1.4.5 will probably not need to be on her servers for more than one day before it's forgotten & not downloaded anymore)
She knows what version all the other mods are at. She is on the same server as all the other mod makers.
She also knows that it won't take most/all of the mod makers more than a few hours to update their mods to 1.4.6. She's been busting her ass with her real job and coding RedPower2 like crazy since 1.3...she could use a break, and everyone is bitching about her not doing double work so we can play with RedPower2 in FTB one day early.....
Should have released a 1.4.5 and let us test stuff out while all other mods are getting done.

Was a nice thing for her to do, just did it the wrong way was all.
Most people that use FTB are familiar enough with the mods that they can predict how the new RedPower2 machines will work in their builds. The important thing is to have time learning the machines themselves. You can do that in a 1.4.6 test world just as easily as you can in an existing 1.4.5 world. Use this time she's given you to try out her new machines and toys...see how they work, hands-on...familiarize yourselves with the new recipes...test out some sortron programs...use RedPower2.

Give Elo a break. She chose choice 1. It was the easiest thing for her to do, while giving the community the most benefit (not wasting time compiling & uploading a version that would only be used for a day). Slowpoke has already said most, if not all, of the mods will be updated very quickly...I'm sure Elo knows this. If something unexpected happens and one/some of the FTB mods can't be updated as quickly as expected, THEN she will take the extra time to update 1.4.5.

Before stringing her up for the choices she's made, take a minute to look at things from her point of view and try to come up with a reason she might have made the decision she has. It doesn't take much to fine a reasonable.....reason.....she made the decision.

Reactions: Ashzification

Powersthatbe85

Jul 29, 2019
Azanor(Thaumcraft) is on vacation for a couple of weeks:

19 December 2012 - 06:45 AM
I just thought I'd mention that I'm currently on vacation. There probably won't be any mod updates for the next couple of weeks.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
some of us dont use the ftb packs. So some of us do need the 1.4.5 mods till the others get back from there real lives. and since atleast 4 of the major mods will not be updated ic2,xycraft,TE,Thaum, then yes we need a 1.4.5.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
some of us dont use the ftb packs. So some of us do need the 1.4.5 mods till the others get back from there real lives. and since atleast 4 of the major mods will not be updated ic2,xycraft,TE,Thaum, then yes we need a 1.4.5.
If you aren't using the FTB packs, then why are you discussing this on the FTB forums?

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
Because FTB forums > MC Forums?
Because the community here is more mature?
Because the modders information to with FTB based mods are sooner mentioned here?
Because mods in the FTB pack are more accurately rumoured here?
Because even though the FTB pack isn't used, it's a decent pack to base off?
Because (my status personally) the FTB pack is too heavy on the CPU but still support it; even though not able to use it?

I could be wrong but all of those are pretty good reasons.

jcol87

Jul 29, 2019

Being her white knight here is not going to win you any points nor any friends.

False. I award 100 points to Larroke for being one of the few people not currently complaining.

Reactions: R3Testa

b0h

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm. I won't criticize Eloraam for her choice in favor of 1.4.6.
I'd just like to say that since she already stated that she has a working 1.4.5 build, it's a shame to not release a work already done. Since she already did that, might as well release it.
But after all , it's her choice, and I'm gonna respect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.