Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
False. I award 100 points to Larroke for being one of the few people not currently complaining.

Suppose I get 200 then as I'm not complaining about the choice, and I managed not to insult anyone in the process by that logic. I just find it odd that both versions were not released if both versions are finished. Nothing more, nothing less.

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
If you aren't using the FTB packs, then why are you discussing this on the FTB forums?

I can post where the #### I choose to. When I choose to. I don't use the mod pack because of a few id conflicts with some of the other mods I like to use. When they release the ability to make custom packs (as stated in the future of FTB) then I will use it again.

The point of this is simple. There are a lot of mods that wont be ready for a few more weeks and if she has a working 1.4.5 red power then just release it.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I can post where the #### I choose to. When I choose to. I don't use the mod pack because of a few id conflicts with some of the other mods I like to use. When they release the ability to make custom packs (as stated in the future of FTB) then I will use it again.

The point of this is simple. There are a lot of mods that wont be ready for a few more weeks and if she has a working 1.4.5 red power then just release it.
No need to get aggressive. I was simply asking why you were posting here rather than elsewhere, since you aren't using the product that is being provided by the people who run these forums.

CrazyAL

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone assume she is not going to release 1.4.5? I would suspect at the request of FTB she would...so relax this is all fresh news give it a bit of time. If you read her blog she says the following...
I'm going to give it a couple days to see if other mods follow for 1.4.6, but I have a working 1.4.5 version that I could package up.

jack duncan

Jul 29, 2019
you people are a bunch of whiners she worked her ass off got rp updated after you cried about it for months now you bitch again? you wonder why she doesnt work her ass off to make you happy? she doesnt because obviously all you are going to do is cry any damn ways. thank you elo your work is very appreciated

Reactions: Barkaway

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone assume she is not going to release 1.4.5? I would suspect at the request of FTB she would...so relax this is all fresh news give it a bit of time. If you read her blog she says the following...
Miscommunication again, no one is saying she will not release 1.4.5. It's more 'Ok, we have 1.4.5 RIGHT now.. the 1.4.5 version is done, it's bug free, it's finished, it's ready.. We've waited for months for a new redpower.. We can has 1.4.5 version too?' People are just eager to play her work with all the other mods they know and love.

And to the other White Knight above me.. THAT is why people get uppidy in these threads. I think maybe one person said anything even remotely rude about the release not hitting 1.4.5, and they even clarified later. It's 'your' batch of folk that go to insults first. People have every right in the world to POLITELY ask why. She worked hard, we're thankful for the work she did, but at the announcement of the release everyone got excited.. and then they have to wait a while longer still to work with the rest of their mods.

Is it the end of the world? (pun intended) No. Is it worth going nuts over? No. Are you going to get people a little grumbly about having to wait like.. 2 more days? Probably. Will insulting them do ANY form of good whatsoever? No. Ignore the post. You're a big boy, you can choose not to hit the reply button.

Reactions: StarLiner and Ldog

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
Cool down. She sayed that in a couple of days she will release the 1.4.5 version if not enough mods update to 1.4.6. So i see more big mods not beeing updated because of the Christmas time, which is totally fine.
I can get why only one version is release, just because of bugs (hidden to be found) and the need to maintain 2 versions of the mod. If everything works out (other mods update fast) she only needs this one version, if not she is so kind going the patch of maintaining 2 version for a brief time (Till more mods update).
So i hope we get the 1.4.5 after the weekend. And i hope that there is no small update bevor the big 1.5 MC Update late January or even February. So there will be time for the other mods to catch up.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
Cool down. She sayed that in a couple of days she will release the 1.4.5 version if not enough mods update to 1.4.6. So i see more big mods not beeing updated because of the Christmas time what is totally fine.
I can get why only one version is release, just because of bugs and the need to maintain 2 versions of the mod. If everything works out (other mods update fast) she only needs this one version, if not she is so kind going the patch of maintaining 2 version for a brief time (Till more mods update).
So i hope we get the 1.4.5 after the weekend. And i hope that there is no small update bevor the big 1.5 MC Update late January or even February. So there will be time for the other mods to catch up.
You're just hearing the initial frustration of folks who thought they could update to their main pack today, it'l pass. She also wouldn't have to update and maintain two versions, she said she already has the 1.4.5 version done and ready, I think that's the part people are scratching their heads over. Her call, so on so fourth, I just lothe people who feel they need to insult others in these threads, gets us nowhere.

Sphinx2k

Jul 29, 2019
You're just hearing the initial frustration of folks who thought they could update to their main pack today, it'l pass. She also wouldn't have to update and maintain two versions, she said she already has the 1.4.5 version done and ready, I think that's the part people are scratching their heads over. Her call, so on so fourth, I just lothe people who feel they need to insult others in these threads, gets us nowhere.

Well i was hoping to update too but it is as it is. But it is software after all so there will be bugs. The problem is not directly the MC update this time, it is the change in the Forge API. Like calls to minecraft.src.block is changed to minecraft.block.block. No big deal to change, but it means it is not a straight recompile for the two version. So having to maintain the two version. I don't know what her real thought was with this kind of release, it is just how i explain it to myself.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
Well i was hoping to update too but it is as it is. But it is software after all so there will be bugs. The problem is not directly the MC update this time, it is the change in the Forge API. Like calls to minecraft.src.block is changed to minecraft.block.block. No big deal to change, but it means it is not a straight recompile for the two version. So having to maintain the two version. I don't know what her real thought was with this kind of release, it is just how i explain it to myself.
Again however, she already has stated she has a working, finished version for 1.4.5. There is no bug fixing, there is no maintaining, so on so fourth. It's one release and then focusing on 1.4.6 as most mods will be over to that version in the next two weeks or so. You're very correct that it is how it is, I'm just batting the foaming-at-the-mouth folk with a broom. Both sides of them. In the end we'll all be happy in two weeks or so. Highfive.

Noa12390

Jul 29, 2019
well i have nothing else to do but mass make uu matter and test other things to pass time please let them do some thing to make it go faster

Ewokz750

Jul 29, 2019
I imagine if it was needed right now slowpoke would have already messaged Eloraam about the 1.4.5 release, he might already have it. At worst I doubt at most a days wait is really worth spending your time complaining about. It'll be out by time everyone of you is done arguing and at best all you'll have accomplished is wasting your own time :rolleyes:

Reactions: Zmaster27
Status
Not open for further replies.