Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, site is being hammered, I just hope she decides to release the working 1.4.5 version of RP2.
Indeed, Eloraam's offhand comment about having 1.4.5 ready and waiting to be compiled was quite comical I thought. Especially considering most other mods haven't even mentioned the 1.4.6 yet. A few are done but such as IC2 and Thermal Expansion aren't mentioning it at all. I'm currently hunting mod pages in a vain hope of coming up with a bare 1.4.6 setup to begin on... Mystcraft (XcompWiz) has mentioned 1.4.6 but it's not yet ready...

It's like Eloraam was walking down a snowcovered mountain with a snowball behind her, the other modders much farther ahead. The weight of that snowball grew behind her and as the weight of it grew to monumental size she neatly skipped down a shortcut to in front of the rest of the FTB modders.
There's bound to be better analogies than that but I'm just a little snowflake in a snowball, I don't want to crush people.

Reactions: balink

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
So she releases a 1.4.6 version for her mod when NO ONE has gotten to that version of minecraft yet...

Is she daft, or will it work on 1.4.5 anyway?

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
So she releases a 1.4.6 version for her mod when NO ONE has gotten to that version of minecraft yet...

Is she daft, or will it work on 1.4.5 anyway?

Doesn't seem to be working on 1.4.5. She said she'll release a 1.4.5 version if other mods don't get updated within a couple days.

MagusUnion

Jul 29, 2019
Just poor planning, that's all... It makes for a precarious situation for both FTB and the rest of the big-named Forge modders.
Which is actually unfair to most of her fanbase, because now we have to choose between updating and using only her mod, or waiting for 'the rest of the team' to catch up..
And you also have to consider the reconfiguration of FTB on top of that..

But, I don't think of it as purely unreasonable. If she pushes out the 1.4.5 version, then most of these issues can be resolved for the time being...

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I really see no reason whatsoever as to why she wouldn't release 1.4.5 and hold on to 1.4.6 rather than doing the opposite. Makes no sense to me.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
I really see no reason whatsoever as to why she wouldn't release 1.4.5 and hold on to 1.4.6 rather than doing the opposite. Makes no sense to me.

I kind of see the point, 1.4.6 is the official Minecraft version, using older versions of Minecraft can be a bit of a pain, besides from what I've been reading a lot of mods are already updated or close to being updated for 1.4.6.

rewind

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what the reason is, but it's probably the same reason she doesn't provide an on/off switch for volcanoes and tree generation.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
I kind of see the point, 1.4.6 is the official Minecraft version, using older versions of Minecraft can be a bit of a pain, besides from what I've been reading a lot of mods are already updated or close to being updated for 1.4.6.

So you're telling me that adding a link to the 1.4.5 and 1.4.6 version on her website would be a pain? How exactly does that work?

iMaccaPro

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, eloraam works her ass off for months to get RP2 ready for us and people moan, then she finally releases it and just because it's on 1.4.6 people moan! Can you play it? Yes!!! Then i suggest you show some appreciation for the hard work that has been put into this. There will be a perfectly good reason behind why she did what she did.

Belone

Jul 29, 2019
So you're telling me that adding a link to the 1.4.5 and 1.4.6 version on her website would be a pain? How exactly does that work?

Oh absolutely I think this would have been a good idea, I just think if she only wanted to release one version then it actually makes sense to release the version for the official version of Minecraft rather than an outdated one.

rewind

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, eloraam works her ass off for months to get RP2 ready for us and people moan, then she finally releases it and just because it's on 1.4.6 people moan! Can you play it? Yes!!! Then i suggest you show some appreciation for the hard work that has been put into this. There will be a perfectly good reason behind why she did what she did.
I don't think anyone here has said something negative towards her. Why are you so sensitive about this? Can you state her perfectly good reason?

Shadowquinn

Jul 29, 2019
The point is she should have waited one more day to release the 1.4.6. She knows what version all the other mods are at. She is on the same server as all the other mod makers. Should have released a 1.4.5 and let us test stuff out while all other mods are getting done.

Was a nice thing for her to do, just did it the wrong way was all.

JastyFTW

Jul 29, 2019
Why did she release 1.4.6 instead of 1.4.5?

Clearly she wanted us to spend our attention yelling at the other mod creators to "hurry up already and update!" She's so kind, to want to share the spotlight with her fellow modders. All the attention and focus we've all spent on her this past few weeks, she wants her friends to feel the same overabundance of love and respect we all showed her.

Let's all oblige her, and make 20 page threads demanding the others update immediately!

Reactions: ApSciLiara

P46EY

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt worry too much about RP2 being for vers 1.4.6. If you catch Slowpokes interview with DocM a day or so ago he said that most if not all the mods are updated for the new MC release. Slowpoke also mentioned there could be an update for the FTB pack either tonight (Friday) or Saturday... they are pushing for a pre-Xmas release.... hopefully this includes RP2 and MC1.4.6.
As for why the pack was released for 1.4.6... I personally think this is a good move. Think yourselves lucky she hasnt hung on for the Redstone update which apparently is game changing. (gulp)

iMaccaPro

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think anyone here has said something negative towards her. Why are you so sensitive about this? Can you state her perfectly good reason?

Did i mention that i had the reason? no, but as you all know she is a very smart person and wouldn't just release RP2 for 1.4.6 for no good reason. I could understand people calling her "daft" if the mod still had major bugs, but it's not is it? it's purely down to it not being convenient for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.