Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliasXNeo

Jul 29, 2019
The 21st of December is supposed to be the "end of the world." What ever shall we do?

I really hope people are not this stupid

dronf

Jul 29, 2019
Obvious troll is obvious, but I still would love an interim 1.4.5 release in lieu of a solid release date for rp2 :D

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Dude, stop complaining. If you're going to complain about how they do it, don't use it. It's free, and given to you packaged nicely in this really kick ass mod pack. So deal with it, or do it better yourself.

Shall I prepare the [rant][/rant] tags miss? I cleaned them with Clorox as requested. :p (awaits the horned troll's arrival)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is why let that one mod hold the pack hostage indefinitely? A FTB pack 1.4.5 update when the final release of ic2 comes out would be a pretty welcome release.
Obvious troll is obvious, but I still would love an interim 1.4.5 release in lieu of a solid release date for rp2 :D

The 1.4.5 mods can be added without much real difficulty. My husband and I have done it quite easily. The hard part was getting the configs just how we want them, but you don't need to do that ;)

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't get a rise out of me lol. I was merely pointing out the fact that you can 1) Code your own cool mod or 2) wait

Dumb troll is dumb ;)

DoctorCube

Jul 29, 2019
If distribution is the problem what about hosting the pack via torrent? It would save you tons of bandwidth by having a bunch of fans seed it.

dronf

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.4.5 mods can be added without much real difficulty. My husband and I have done it quite easily. The hard part was getting the configs just how we want them, but you don't need to do that ;)

I've done it myself as well, but then each person that connects needs to do the same, instead of just download it from the launcher.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
This is a joke because
1: true a couple hundred thousand people donaloding something from one website might be bad, but the website should turn off finding out that there's too many people downloading something.

2: the Internet is huge and complex. There are millions of downloads happening, so adding a couple thousand should not cause it to crash:

I think slowpoke being a modder understand this.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
This is a joke because
the Internet is huge and complex. There are millions of downloads happening, so adding a couple thousand should not cause it to crash:
No, that can't possibly be true, I'm absolutely certain that 100% of everything that Slowpoke says is true and it would definitely crash the entire internet, where is your proof that it wouldn't?

KaosK

Jul 29, 2019
The post and the date are a joke but the underlying message remains true: Do not expect a release at the moment.

What people probably really wanted to know: (this is from #redpower):
[22:33:06] <+Slowpoke> just as a clarification btw. 2 known bugs remaining, not 1
[22:34:32] <+Slowpoke> i know what the bugs are, ive been asked not to make them public. I do know that its several hours worth of coding to fix them both and the delay is due to real life not allowing her time to do any real coding at the moment.
[22:35:30] <+Slowpoke> this is why there is no accurate ETA, because Elo right now doesnt know when she will have the free time to fix the last 2 bugs

he also mentioned this:
[22:37:01] <+Slowpoke> I can tell you donations to Eloraam right now wouldnt hurt

So anyone who agrees can head over to the #redpower IRC Channel and find the donate link in the topic.

Reactions: eisbaerBorealis

beringtom

Jul 29, 2019
The post and the date are a joke but the underlying message remains true: Do not expect a release at the moment.

What people probably really wanted to know: (this is from #redpower):
[22:33:06] <+Slowpoke> just as a clarification btw. 2 known bugs remaining, not 1
[22:34:32] <+Slowpoke> i know what the bugs are, ive been asked not to make them public. I do know that its several hours worth of coding to fix them both and the delay is due to real life not allowing her time to do any real coding at the moment.
[22:35:30] <+Slowpoke> this is why there is no accurate ETA, because Elo right now doesnt know when she will have the free time to fix the last 2 bugs

he also mentioned this:
[22:37:01] <+Slowpoke> I can tell you donations to Eloraam right now wouldnt hurt

So anyone who agrees can head over to the #redpower IRC Channel and find the donate link in the topic.

All the more reason she should share the workload with someone she trusts and would be willing to help her out for a period :)

soulecho

Jul 29, 2019
The real question is why let that one mod hold the pack hostage indefinitely? A FTB pack 1.4.5 update when the final release of ic2 comes out would be a pretty welcome release.

I believe that was the whole logic behind releasing the Beta Pack-- because no RP2, and everybody was asking for the pack. At least we have *some* version of FTB to play around with right now...Sure it sucks that we don't have RP2 yet, but its better than not having FTB at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.