Red Power 2 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

goOutSide

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is, I'm not treating each mod the same. When the redstone logic change hits, yes, it will take her much longer to do and that will be completely understandable. I'm talking about the latest updates that changed baseline minecraft behavior that all mods had to adapt to. It's not like 1.4 dropped and she hadn't touched a line of code since 1.2.5, she had been working on it. The difference is the other modders understand that no matter how hard you try, software is going to have bugs in it. Most of them also choose to port the mod to a new version first, THEN add new content, not the other way around. This is just discussion on what the fellow above me said earlier. Will this now be the trend? Will people be locked onto 1.4.6 even when 1.5.4 is out, because a single mod is behind, ect. Something server owners need to ponder.

I understand where you are coming from, but I think you are still missing the jist of what I am saying. All modders had to make changes when the underlying code changed for Minecraft, but were they complex and large for every one? No, of course not, again it all depends on your code and the size and complexity of your mod. As for other devs understanding there would be bugs in their code, every single dev knows there will be bugs. We haven't seen most of them, but some have been severe and would garner more negative attention tat RP2 not being released. Not only that, but developing code is a labor of love. I would never relase something that is bug ridden, or has a debilitating bug. Its just not right.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I've read this thread and the one on the MC forums and I understand why people are hopping mad (to say the least). Further, I do think most people have valid points. I've also watched the Direwolf20 SMP series and an somewhat jealous of all the fun they are having with the new mods, even Xycraft. (LOL)

I do want to point out something I have not read in quite a few pages. In Dire's series they have a Mojang employee playing with them on the server. An employee who is on the team that will handle the mod API. This is good news and might head off some of the issues people are irritated by on this and other threads.

Let's not forget we also are waiting on EE3, Thaumcraft 3 (final version), and some other mods that are not at full release. Yes, I understand we have been waiting for RP longer and yes I understand that Elo probably should get some assistance with the project since it's obviously a major undertaking. Hell, Xycraft has a team of coders and they are no where near ready for release (at least based on the last time I looked at it which was a week ago). I mention Xycraft because it APPEARS to be a smaller mod than RP2 in scope.

So, here we are 1 day from the end of the Mayan calendar and possibly the world all waiting for a bit of info from the elusive Elo and bitching about the lack of same. When we could be out playing MC and creating awesome builds, contraptions or maybe checking out some of the awesome new mods out there. I think we can do with some distraction and reduce our frustration levels with one mod when there are quite literally thousands to choose from.

You never know what you may find when you care to look.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
I've read this thread and the one on the MC forums and I understand why people are hopping mad (to say the least). Further, I do think most people have valid points. I've also watched the Direwolf20 SMP series and an somewhat jealous of all the fun they are having with the new mods, even Xycraft. (LOL)

I do want to point out something I have not read in quite a few pages. In Dire's series they have a Mojang employee playing with them on the server. An employee who is on the team that will handle the mod API. This is good news and might head off some of the issues people are irritated by on this and other threads.

Let's not forget we also are waiting on EE3, Thaumcraft 3 (final version), and some other mods that are not at full release. Yes, I understand we have been waiting for RP longer and yes I understand that Elo probably should get some assistance with the project since it's obviously a major undertaking. Hell, Xycraft has a team of coders and they are no where near ready for release (at least based on the last time I looked at it which was a week ago). I mention Xycraft because it APPEARS to be a smaller mod than RP2 in scope.

So, here we are 1 day from the end of the Mayan calendar and possibly the world all waiting for a bit of info from the elusive Elo and bitching about the lack of same. When we could be out playing MC and creating awesome builds, contraptions or maybe checking out some of the awesome new mods out there. I think we can do with some distraction and reduce our frustration levels with one mod when there are quite literally thousands to choose from.

You never know what you may find when you care to look.

A good message, and I'm actually setting up a makeshift logistics system with golems as we speak, hehe. Only tidbit I'll note is that we have parts of Xycraft and Thaumcraft to use in the meantime, which is why you don't see NEAR the amount of trouble on those two fronts. Redpower is a big mod, but so is buildcraft, industrialcraft, forestry, extrabiomes, ect ect ect.. They release, they have some minor bugs, they bug fix, they find a few more, they bug fix.. that's why they're not now. They don't perfect every last detail before release, they hold it together with ducttape and chickenwire to make sure it doesn't explode ^^ My two cents on the matter, and like everyone else, I'll keep crossing my fingers for a release before next summer.

Lucius

Jul 29, 2019
I'll keep waiting for RP2b6 rather than spending my time on a short lived server that will die as soon as RP2b6 is released.
On the upside I'm feeling that familiar itch to get building that minecraft first gave me, only RP2b6 will fulfil it now I think.
I'll just pray mystcraft and IC2 are updated to matching MC updates when the time comes. (Thaumcraft3, nuclear control, compact solars, advanced machines; are all secondary but desired too) I can't play the pure FTB pack as the amount of mods kills my private server tickrate and my computers ability to put higher than 2fps. :(

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Step one: Get all the mods updated to 1.4.6
Step two: Full release of feed the beast for MC 1.4.6
Step three: Bug fixes for said full release.
Step four: Do not update ftb at all until 1.5.0

That's what I reckon anyway. We don't need the shit Mojang is doing. We never did, it's why we mod the game. Stop dancing to Mojangs tune! "Oh mojang put out an update that doesn't really do ANYTHING except break mods" ... Ignore it. Pretend it never happened. Sure the modders can keep working, just don't add any of it to ftb untill 1.5.0

logoster

Jul 29, 2019
Step one: Get all the mods updated to 1.4.6
Step two: Full release of feed the beast for MC 1.4.6
Step three: Bug fixes for said full release.
Step four: Do not update ftb at all until 1.5.0

That's what I reckon anyway. We don't need the shit Mojang is doing. We never did, it's why we mod the game. Stop dancing to Mojangs tune! "Oh mojang put out an update that doesn't really do ANYTHING except break mods" ... Ignore it. Pretend it never happened. Sure the modders can keep working, just don't add any of it to ftb untill 1.5.0

the only problem, is that some of the mods (mainly rp2) is going to probably have to update, due to the fact that 1.5 is also called the REDSTONE UPDATE!!!!!!!! and unless your the most idiotic person in existence then youll know that rp2 is a pure redstone type mod

deathbyc4

Jul 29, 2019
Why is this thread not locked yet? The discussion has broadened beyond the scope of the thread with the mojang bashing and useless posts. It only takes two seconds to read over a potential post to ask yourself "is what I have to post relevant and useful?" I'd hate for the ftb forum to become as cluttered as mcforums.net.

Reactions: vibur

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Logoster, did you even read my post? I said "don't update ftb until 1.5". That means that when 1.5 comes out, we update. Also why the hostility? And for the record RedPower does other stuff than just redstone manipulation. It's why we are all going so crazy waiting for it.

Deathbyc4, this thread is about RedPower news. All RedPower news for the last 2 months can be summed up with "RedPower is coming, be patient" and us going crazy. That's pretty much this thread. So what's the problem? I propose a method thy would dodge a lot of the craziness. If you don't like it, counter my argument instead of trying to get the thread locked and dismissing me.
Also, mojang bashing? THEY CAN HANDLE IT. I love mojang as much as you and everyone else here... But I'm going to call it like I see it. And what I see is one if the best companies in this industry wasting their time instead of pulling their finger out and perfecting the damn modding API. I digg call it mojang bashing, I call it tough love.

Reactions: DaNerd27

TheNoobYouHate

Jul 29, 2019
the only problem, is that some of the mods (mainly rp2) is going to probably have to update, due to the fact that 1.5 is also called the REDSTONE UPDATE!!!!!!!! and unless your the most idiotic person in existence then youll know that rp2 is a pure redstone type mod

Redpower is not based on vanilla redstone. so it would not break anything.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower is not based on vanilla redstone. so it would not break anything.
Besides maybe their machines interacting with vanilla redstone as they do now.. wires being able to be effected by vanilla redstone as they do now.. but as you can see the future, I defer to you.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Besides maybe their machines interacting with vanilla redstone as they do now.. wires being able to be effected by vanilla redstone as they do now.. but as you can see the future, I defer to you.
Redpower makes a different use for redstone. Yes it interacts with redstone, but it is not 100% dependent on the actions of vanilla redstone.
From my understanding, 1.5 won't have much of an effect on RP2, in the sense of the action of redstone. But I don't know how they're changing it, and I don't understand how the mod works. Conceptually, it shouldn't "destroy" RP2, as suggested by many.

Kugraw9

Jul 29, 2019
Redpower makes a different use for redstone. Yes it interacts with redstone, but it is not 100% dependent on the actions of vanilla redstone.
From my understanding, 1.5 won't have much of an effect on RP2, in the sense of the action of redstone. But I don't know how they're changing it, and I don't understand how the mod works. Conceptually, it shouldn't "destroy" RP2, as suggested by many.
Correct, but the exact words used were 'so it would not break anything', I'm just pointing out that EVERY patch breaks something in redpower, so say it won't it just silly. That's all really.

Randomsteve

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I must know what that teaser pic is about. My first thought was thaumcraft. Remember azanors thaumcraft teaser video? The first one where he was walking down a similar tunnel and then he saw a golem run past. Any way I highly doubt that has anything to do with it but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Edit ok so I have been starring at this picture for a few minutes now and I got nothing relevant coming to me. The only way I can think of how those weird tunnels apply to RP is that you can make mossy stone brick with RP, but this much we already know.

Status
Not open for further replies.