Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
OXRxgvl.gif

I never want to stop someone from making a mod, but this mod... meh
the abilities the tools have are kind of weird and don't really fit the tools and... well, if I were to go through all that trouble making those items, I would really want something that's worth to get those tools
and with "Armory" I expected armor, but there's only tools...
In my opinion, it seems like a generic tools mod, but with Redstone Flux. Not trying to offend the mod author, just giving my feedback.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Can't really argue with most of that.

but the word "armory" in any military sense typically refers to a storage of weapons and ammunition. Armor was typically a personal thing and not stored somewhere special.

well, that explains why... I've never been in the military :p
but my fault, I do understand that armory could also mean weapons and such
I was just hoping someone had finally made a mod centered around RG power armor

In my opinion, it seems like a generic tools mod, but with Redstone Flux. Not trying to offend the mod author, just giving my feedback.

yup, kind of looks like just one of those mods that adds a new ore with new tools and armor

Reactions: YX33A and RedBoss

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. In fact any particularly creative look at armor in general would be welcome.
I think there is someone working on a mod which makes armour which has variable abilities depending on the liquid in it, like lava would give fire resist, and so on.

Reactions: YX33A

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I think there is someone working on a mod which makes armour which has variable abilities depending on the liquid in it, like lava would give fire resist, and so on.
Which is neat btw, but the end result has been done (Fire resistance enchantments etc)

I'd be more interested in seeing more gameplay variables impacted if possible:
Iron gives +v to dmg reduction, +w to weapon-swing speed, +x to mobility, +y to hunger, +z to total hps...so on.

Reactions: Padfoote and YX33A

andrivious

Jul 29, 2019
Which is neat btw, but the end result has been done (Fire resistance enchantments etc)

I'd be more interested in seeing more gameplay variables impacted if possible:
Iron gives +v to dmg reduction, +w to weapon-swing speed, +x to mobility, +y to hunger, +z to total hps...so on.
Basically how TiC works for weapons and tools, but applied to armor.

Reactions: RedBoss

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
Sooo what exo armor was going to be....? Then he realized that it was terrible, and came out with the travelers gear.
Watch his LP, he has further plans. The traveller's gear is only one facet of what he plans, the one centered around mobility. He wants one centered around stealth and one around protection, the latter sacificing mobility for it.

Reactions: jokermatt999
C

chbachman

I would be willing to create a armour mod like what is talked about above, I could do most of it except for the rendering, so all the sprites would look the same. However I would need community ideas for modifiers that could be put on.

Reactions: andrivious

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Yah never pay attention to the official Mojang changelog. It's kina fail.

Mojang wiki:
  • Rewrote how items are rendered.
  • Rewrote how blocks are rendered.
  • Rewrote how block data is handled.
Try the Mimecraft wiki:

• Model format improvements[1]
    • Removed the directional attribute from the uv definition and replaced it with explicit texture references
      • "textureFacing" deprecated
      • You now specify a "texture" parameter, which can be either direct or hierarchical
        • If hierarchical, it is prepended with the hash symbol (#), otherwise it's just the texture name
    • "useAmbientOcclusion" renamed to "ambientocclusion"
    • "rotateVariantTextures" renamed to "UV lock"
    • "cull" renamed to "cullface", specifies the opposite of which neighboring face causes culling to occur
      • Example: if you have an east-facing face but want it to be culled along a different axis (let's say Z), you would specify "cullface": "north" or "cullface": "south".
    • Rotation made more verbose, it is now more clear that it can only occur on a single axis
      • Example, the rotation for one of the two faces of the "cross" model is now: "rotation": { "origin": [ 8, 8, 8 ], "axis": "y", "angle": 45, "rescale": true },
    • New flag, "rescale", added to the rotation parameters - when true, face will be scaled across the whole block
    • The folder models/blocks/meshes was removed and model files are now stored in models/blocks.
    • The folder blockstates was added and stores the model selection files previously found in models/blocks.
  • Rendering
    • Items
      • All items are models, some are still generated from item icons
      • Resource packs can make models for all items
    • Blocks
      • Rewrote how blocks are rendered
      • Rewrote how block data is handled
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/14w25a
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/14w25b
It's Much better.
holy cow.
from minecraft wiki: Between snapshot 14w21b and 14w25b in total 2651 files changed, 41995 insertions, 43425 deletions for a grand total of 285408 lines of diffs.[1]

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com

Mysticmage11

Jul 29, 2019
Ermagerd. It's the Eye of Cthulhu, Fish version. Pretty sure the Angler has a quest where you have to catch a Cthulhufish. <.<

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Ermagerd. It's the Eye of Cthulhu, Fish version. Pretty sure the Angler has a quest where you have to catch a Cthulhufish. <.<

I completely misread what you said, I thought you were talking about my friend's father's wife's son's Handle: Cthulu's Backpack.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Watch his LP, he has further plans. The traveller's gear is only one facet of what he plans, the one centered around mobility. He wants one centered around stealth and one around protection, the latter sacificing mobility for it.
I know.. I've been watching. And I've seen what he has planned, which is far better than the exo armor was in terms of design. I kinda liked the exo armor, but it just kinda felt like dumping in a bunch of one set of a material for one direction per suit... It just felt kinda silly.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
This point made me realize that if 14w25b was a mod, it would not be a mod I would be particularly interested in installing. Rather lame really.
Yeah... Now, if it came with Mariculture, would you keep that part active? Because on it's own, it's boring and dry. Add it to Mariculture, and it's almost certainly gonna be intersting, because Joshie(sorry I can't recall the exact spelling, nor do I think it's needed to drag you in here) is a great coder like that. I mean, how many other modders have made a freaking F.L.U.D.D.?!