Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Why the question mark? If she says she wrote some code, she clearly has intentions of a working version that can be released.
I don't want to start drama or anything, but there have been other mods that claimed to be finished soon with working code and previews that never got released...

Reactions: Padfoote

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Looks like dylan got here before me, but I'll step in anyway. Just got done with the Botania 1.1 update. It's the first major update since the release, lots of new things, fixes, tweaks, like always.
This version introduces Alfhomancy, which I've been teasing for a long time now.

Changelog:
  • Added Alfhomancy and lots of new funky items and blocks to go with it. Cool beans.
  • Added 20 new update messages, gotta find em all.
  • Added a little easter egg if you're Bevo. ;)
  • Added some checks to the special flowers' code, to prevent potential crashes (mostly in multiplayer).
  • Added some new textures for ingots, armor, shears, soulscribe, redstone spreader.
  • Added the Daffomill, a new functional flower that moves things with wind.
  • Added the Rod of the Seas, a water counterpart to the Rod of the Lands.
  • Added the ability to unlock new types of knowledge to the Lexica Botania.
  • Added utility controls to the Lexica Botania. You can now navigate through the pages with the cursor keys, pgup/pgdn, mouse wheel and swiping left/right with touchscreen mode enabled. Pressing backspace or clicking the right mouse button takes you back. Pressing the home key takes you to the main index.
  • Buffed the range of the Hopperhock. I apologize in advance if this causes your perfectly sized systems to conflict :(
  • Fixed Hopperhocks ignoring ISidedInventory for checking if there's space.
  • Fixed Hopperhocks never putting any items in an inventory with an empty frame.
  • Fixed String acquired from mana alchemy being metadata 1 and not being usable in most recipes.
  • Fixed baubles that do effects on being equipped (such as the Soujourner's Sash) not working if they're equipped via right clicking in the hotbar.
  • Fixed the Abstruse Platform being typoed as "Abtruse Platform".
  • Fixed the Agricarnation not working with saplings.
  • Fixed the Agricarnation trying to fertilize Vines.
  • Fixed the Soulscribe being unbreakable.
  • Removed the warning in the Thermalily's entry saying it produces a lot of power, as it's been nerfed a lot since it was introduced :p
  • Small makeover to the Lexica Botania, it no longer has weird green floating text in the top now, but a fancier header instead.
  • The Floral Fertilizer now spawns one more flower than before at all times.
  • The Snowflake Pendant now only freezes water source blocks.
  • You can now add up to 10 bookmarks to the Lexica Botania that allow you to go back to any entry.
  • [API] Major changes, adaptation is required.

Some lines of note:
  • Added utility controls to the Lexica Botania. You can now navigate through the pages with the cursor keys, pgup/pgdn, mouse wheel and swiping left/right with touchscreen mode enabled. Pressing backspace or clicking the right mouse button takes you back. Pressing the home key takes you to the main index.
  • You can now add up to 10 bookmarks to the Lexica Botania that allow you to go back to any entry.

Update checkers that are full of references and random shiz are the best, right? Also lots of usability and user friendliness tweaks, which I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy.
You can get it here: http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/downloads.php
i was wondering what was happening... EPIC!

timandy1

Jul 29, 2019
I saw it and said "Oh neat, a P2p Essentia Transfer system that looks a bit like a LASER system. And seems I was right. I hope he does it it, because it's awesome.
Looks a bit too futuristic for Thaumcraft Also REDPOWERTHREECONFIRMED

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like dylan got here before me, but I'll step in anyway. Just got done with the Botania 1.1 update. It's the first major update since the release, lots of new things, fixes, tweaks, like always.
This version introduces Alfhomancy, which I've been teasing for a long time now.

Changelog:
  • Added Alfhomancy and lots of new funky items and blocks to go with it. Cool beans.
  • Added a little easter egg if you're Bevo. ;)
  • Added some checks to the special flowers' code, to prevent potential crashes (mostly in multiplayer).
  • Added some new textures for ingots, armor, shears, soulscribe, redstone spreader.
  • Added the Daffomill, a new functional flower that moves things with wind.
  • Added the Rod of the Seas, a water counterpart to the Rod of the Lands.
  • Added the ability to unlock new types of knowledge to the Lexica Botania.
  • Buffed the range of the Hopperhock. I apologize in advance if this causes your perfectly sized systems to conflict :(
  • Fixed Hopperhocks ignoring ISidedInventory for checking if there's space.
  • Fixed Hopperhocks never putting any items in an inventory with an empty frame.
  • Fixed String acquired from mana alchemy being metadata 1 and not being usable in most recipes.
  • Fixed baubles that do effects on being equipped (such as the Soujourner's Sash) not working if they're equipped via right clicking in the hotbar.
  • Fixed the Abstruse Platform being typoed as "Abtruse Platform".
  • Fixed the Agricarnation not working with saplings.
  • Fixed the Agricarnation trying to fertilize Vines.
  • Fixed the Soulscribe being unbreakable.
  • Removed the warning in the Thermalily's entry saying it produces a lot of power, as it's been nerfed a lot since it was introduced :p
  • Small makeover to the Lexica Botania, it no longer has weird green floating text in the top now, but a fancier header instead.
  • The Floral Fertilizer now spawns one more flower than before at all times.
  • The Snowflake Pendant now only freezes water source blocks.
  • [API] Major changes, adaptation is required.

Some lines of note:

Update checkers that are full of references and random shiz are the best, right? Also lots of usability and user friendliness tweaks, which I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy.
You can get it here: http://vazkii.us/mod/Botania/downloads.php
May I suggest with ranged flowers that you add some meta/support flowers that get placed next to specific flowers to boost range/speed/other stuff? That way you can have small-range flowers and then give them larger work areas as needed, or increase the speed of certain tasks, or start your regen off at I or II instead of IV. Which suggests adding an MFR-styled "see work area" effect to your wand.

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
I saw it and said "Oh neat, a P2p Essentia Transfer system that looks a bit like a LASER system. And seems I was right. I hope he does it it, because it's awesome.
When I saw it I thought of the old direwolf20 server play with soaryn when he showed the lasers from XyCraft.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Public release of Thaumic Pipes! Just like the good ole days!

4796f62da7.png
Awww yissss

Reactions: SynfulChaot

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019

Americans get shafted in the ass by internet providers just slighly worse than Canadians. Seriously, call your local FCC representative and say you want telecommunications companies that provide internet connectivity reclassified as common carriers. This is what happened to land lines and now prices and service is competitive and reasonably priced.

Great news about Forge though.

Dylan4ever

Jul 29, 2019
It seems we have an FML for 1.7.10 available. All we need now is Forge
https://twitter.com/minecraftcpw/status/480565229349507072

btw, if you were thinking of using this for 1.7.10, you can't yet. This is just showing we are very close to 1.7.10 for Forge and one major side of it is completed

I am very much looking forward to 1.7.10, more stability for the mods is always nice, and it'd be great to TCon supported for 1.7, finally. Over at the Erebus, we might just skip 1.7.2 completely and go straight for 1.7.10 (we are already developing for 1.7.2 though, so a pre-release wouldn't hurt anyone).

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I am very much looking forward to 1.7.10, more stability for the mods is always nice, and it'd be great to TCon supported for 1.7, finally. Over at the Erebus, we might just skip 1.7.2 completely and go straight for 1.7.10 (we are already developing for 1.7.2 though, so a pre-release wouldn't hurt anyone).
According to what I have been hearing, most 1.7.2 mods will survive on Forge 1.7.10 anyways