What's new in modded minecraft today?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
ProjectRed released for 1.7.2: 4.4.0 build #37 ( http://projectredwiki.com/wiki/Version_archive )
  • PORT: Minecraft 1.7.2
  • ADDED: Version checking config
  • REMOVED: Colored trees (to be replaced)
  • FIX: Pipe priority sorting crash
  • FIX: Invert cell inventory render
  • FIX: Firewall pipe items not being ghosted
  • FIX: Recipes with microblocks not checking NBT
  • FIX: Pipe crafting crash
Woot![DOUBLEPOST=1403332462][/DOUBLEPOST]also, Profmobius released "ACT" 0.0.1
http://www.mobiusstrip.eu/2014/06/20/act-v0-0-1/
already seems very useful.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have some new info relating to Eloraam and RP3 (It's a thing now) and I didn't want to spam this page with twitter tweets so rather I put it on the Eloraam thread.

Thread: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/eloram.46695/page-13#post-680192

thank you for your consideration :)

also, KingLemming asked a question on reddit and I think he got more then what he hoped for...
http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/28ny3g/so_whats_missing/
basically what KingLemming is asking, what else should be added to modded minecraft
do note, he's asking in general, so not specifically for tech mods

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Also two new GT updates:

5.01e:
  • - Added the Replicator, it uses UUM and Energy to form the targeted Dust/Cell/Fluid (yes direct Fluid Output for cases like Hydrogen). In order to select the Elemental Material (No Compounds, Isotopes, Unknown Stuff, Antimatter or Magic!) scan it in a Scanner while having a Data Orb in the Special Slot. That will output a Data Orb with the proper Data of the Chemical Element after a while consuming the scanned Material in the process (So try to not reuse already inscribed Data Orbs if you don't wanna waste Stuff). Then just insert the Orb into the Replicator and wait what can take a while depending on which Replicator you use. Neutronium would take 44 Hours in the IV Scanner btw (due to its exorbitant Atomic Mass), meaning it is basically unobtainable that way for now (not to mention you would still need a Neutronium Sample to begin with). The Replicator is currently the only viable Source of Osmium if the End has been mined. The Replicator doesn't obey the laws of balance, because UUM is based solely on the Atomic Mass of the Element, I hope most things are expensive enough.
  • - Changed the Hammer to crush Ores in World instead of by Crafting. That is to reduce the amount of Crafting Recipes.

5.01f:
  • The Fluid Icon inside Tanks/Machines now has a Tooltip containing the precise Amount of Fluid (The Stacksize thing is still there for rough estimates of Fluid Amount).
  • Readded the Electric Regulator in again 10 different Voltages.
  • Changed all Automation Machines to accept Input of 2 Amperes and to Output 2 Amperes to be able to supply every attached Machine properly.
  • Fixed a bunch of Bugs.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Incoming in TE! Sponges!

9DuEB

And they can do other fluids too!

9DuE0

More pics here!

squeek502

Jul 29, 2019
Updated The Spice of Life to v1.0.4 (and ported to 1.7.2)
Changelog
- Added 1.7.2 version
- The mod will now automatically disable diminishing returns if the server does not have the mod installed
- Added better integration with foods added by the Agriculture mod
- Made the hunger overlay flash speed independent of frame rate
- Capped saturation bonus shown in the food values tooltip to the maximum that is actually attainable

@CyanideX, have at it.

Scott DTA

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like no update for LP today. The LP site is currently down as they are updating it and Dav has not gotten back to me yet with the list of this weeks changes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @iChun with It Fell From The Sky
iChun said:
It Fell From The Sky 3.0.0.
  • Now uses iChunUtil and it’s memory-leak free packet system.
  • Added config to require Op status for summoning the Pigzilla. Thanks Lomeli12 for the idea.
  • Added Hats support as a cosmetic on Pigzillas.
  • Fixed localization location in the zip.

and the Project RED team with another update
Project RED said:
Project RED 4.4.1 build #39
  • FIX: Automatic ForgeMultipart downloads
  • FIX: Dependency on NEI
  • FIX: Dependency on other modules

Reactions: Bevo and Fixided

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Carpenters Block update for both 1.7 and special 1.6 migration update.

Development version 3.2.0 posted for MC 1.7+.

Notable changes:
  • Added seamless rendering and improved auto-sloping code for Collapsible block, submitted by elpocko.
  • Added proper ambient occlusion for Collapsible block, just to round it out.
  • Design system overhauled. No more 255 limit, no more sequential file ordering - just like Tiles.
  • Bed designs are now single image files. No more expensive rendering techniques required.
Please make note that:
  • Existing beds will become corrupt. Please remove them before updating. Or just break them afterwards.
  • Chisel patterns and designs applied to blocks (not including Tiles) will be erased.
Just so you know where my priorities are:
  • I'd like to add GUI windows to better handle image selection, and to set block properties in configurations that aren't currently possible.
  • Possibly a transitional version for 1.6.4 to prepare worlds for migration to 1.7. Big "if" on this one though.
  • Released version 2.1.2 for MC 1.6+ with proper slope and stairs migration preparation.
[NOTE by Mineshopper: I've posted instructions in the op on how to migrate existing 1.6.4 worlds to 1.7.2. Version 3.2.0 for MC 1.7+ found in the dev folder was updated to support older worlds. Please note this requires the newly released version 2.1.2 for MC 1.6+]

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So, Emoniph made me happy this morning. (not an actual update, just an IRC log about the next update). I was given permission to do this, on the condition that I correct all of his typos :p

[11:45:09] <@Emoniph> well the next update only really adds goblins
[11:45:17] <@Emoniph> the owls are already there
[11:46:01] <@Emoniph> Just have to work out if the goblins will spawn naturally or you have to create them through magical means
[11:46:35] <SatanicSanta> ooooh
[11:47:00] <@Emoniph> Given that they take over villages I am a bit worried about auto spawning resulting in wiped out villages
[11:47:17] <SatanicSanta> right
[11:47:36] <SatanicSanta> to be fair, zombies do that also, but probably not nearly as bad as goblins would/do
[11:47:59] <@Emoniph> Well the goblins set up shop in the village (they are essentially villagers too)
[11:48:10] <SatanicSanta> oh.
[11:48:43] <@Emoniph> I kinda like the idea of players finding them in the wild, bringing them to a place with a leash and building houses for them to live/breed in
[11:48:54] <@Emoniph> Then putting some to work in the mines
[11:49:19] <@Emoniph> So basically you get a quarry and some shop keepers for your trouble
[11:50:00] <SatanicSanta> this makes me happy.
[11:50:13] <SatanicSanta> a magic mod that adds an automatic mining solution
[11:50:16] <SatanicSanta> besides thaumcraft
[11:51:20] <@Emoniph> The "automation" will be limited to the length of a leash. Basically you leash a goblin to to a post, give it a pick and it starts mining. Another goblin is needed to pick up the rocks and put in a chest.
[11:51:30] <@Emoniph> You have to move the post to do the next area.
[11:52:01] <SatanicSanta> so basically, thaumcraft golems that do what ive wanted them to do for years? awesome :p
[11:52:08] <SatanicSanta> like
[11:52:10] <@Emoniph> I really wanted the feeling of them slaving away for the nasty witch
[11:52:12] <SatanicSanta> exactly waht ive wanted htme to do
[11:52:25] <SatanicSanta> or warlock ;)
[11:52:25] <@Emoniph> leashes made this possible
[11:52:46] <@Emoniph> Well apparently witch applies to men as well
[11:53:10] <@Emoniph> In modern wicca witch is used for all practioners, warlock for bad people
[11:53:17] <SatanicSanta> ah okay
[11:54:14] <@Emoniph> Although honestly people can be whatever they like, it is fun to use witchery to do some role play type stuff
[11:56:07] <SatanicSanta> do you mind if i tease the ftb forums "what's new in modded mc" thread with this convo?
[11:58:01] <@Emoniph> Only if you correct all my typos ;)
[11:58:29] <SatanicSanta> alright
[11:58:41] <SatanicSanta> i'll do that once i update the witchery tilesheet.
[11:59:38] Xil|Zzz [~Kodos@2602:306:ce20:6c30:9c18:f192:221f:7512] is now known as Xilandro
[12:00:13] <@Emoniph> I hope to be done by next weekend, asuuming nothing major comes up this week

TLDR: Goblins and automated mining in the next update

Last edited:

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So, Emoniph made me happy this morning. (not an actual update, just an IRC log about the next update). I was given permission to do this, on the condition that I correct all of his typos :p

[11:45:09] <@Emoniph> well the next update only really adds goblins
[11:45:17] <@Emoniph> the owls are already there
[11:46:01] <@Emoniph> Just have to work out if the goblins will spawn naturally or you have to create them through magical means
[11:46:35] <SatanicSanta> ooooh
[11:47:00] <@Emoniph> Given that they take over villages I am a bit worried about auto spawning resulting in wiped out villages
[11:47:17] <SatanicSanta> right
[11:47:36] <SatanicSanta> to be fair, zombies do that also, but probably not nearly as bad as goblins would/do
[11:47:59] <@Emoniph> Well the goblins set up shop in the village (they are essentially villegers too)
[11:48:10] <SatanicSanta> oh.
[11:48:43] <@Emoniph> I kinda like the idea of players finding them in the wild, bringing them to a place with a leash and building houses for them to live/breed in
[11:48:54] <@Emoniph> Then putting some to work in the mines
[11:49:19] <@Emoniph> So basically you get a quarry and some shop keepers for your trouble
[11:50:00] <SatanicSanta> this makes me happy.
[11:50:13] <SatanicSanta> a magic mod that adds an automatic mining solution
[11:50:16] <SatanicSanta> besides thaumcraft
[11:51:20] <@Emoniph> The "automation" will be limited to the length of a leash. Basically you leash a goblin to to a post, give it a pick and it starts mining. Another goblin is needed to pick up the rocks and put in a chest.
[11:51:30] <@Emoniph> You have to move the post to do the next area.
[11:52:01] <SatanicSanta> so basically, thaumcraft golems that do what ive wanted them to do for years? awesome :p
[11:52:08] <SatanicSanta> like
[11:52:10] <@Emoniph> I really wanted the feeling of them slaving away for the nasty witch
[11:52:12] <SatanicSanta> exactly waht ive wanted htme to do
[11:52:25] <SatanicSanta> or warlock ;)
[11:52:25] <@Emoniph> leashes made this possible
[11:52:46] <@Emoniph> Well apparently witch applies to men as well
[11:53:10] <@Emoniph> In modern wicca witch is used for all practioners, warlock for bad people
[11:53:17] <SatanicSanta> ah okay
[11:54:14] <@Emoniph> Although honestly people can be whatever they like, it is fun to use witchery to do some role play type stuff
[11:56:07] <SatanicSanta> do you mind if i tease the ftb forums "what's new in modded mc" thread with this convo?
[11:58:01] <@Emoniph> Only if you correct all my typos ;)
[11:58:29] <SatanicSanta> alright
[11:58:41] <SatanicSanta> i'll do that once i update the witchery tilesheet.
[11:59:38] Xil|Zzz [~Kodos@2602:306:ce20:6c30:9c18:f192:221f:7512] is now known as Xilandro
[12:00:13] <@Emoniph> I hope to be done by next weekend, asuuming nothing major comes up this week

TLDR: Goblins and automated mining in the next update
'Villegers' should be 'Villagers'. Fix it!