Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, how many other modders have made a freaking F.L.U.D.D.?!

My opinion which is quite unpopular: Super Mario Sunshine is the second best Mario game, right after The Lost Levels

On topic though: yeah, the whole new guardian thing is a bit underwhelming for everyone except mod makers and adventure mappers. Then again, to those people so many new opportunities await. I can't wait to see what Joshie adds to the sea after this. I just hope that Sponge works like it used to, because back in the day, if you hooked a BUD up to it you would have a BUD with a range of 5x5.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
My opinion which is quite unpopular: Super Mario Sunshine is the second best Mario game, right after The Lost Levels

On topic though: yeah, the whole new guardian thing is a bit underwhelming for everyone except mod makers and adventure mappers. Then again, to those people so many new opportunities await. I can't wait to see what Joshie adds to the sea after this. I just hope that Sponge works like it used to, because back in the day, if you hooked a BUD up to it you would have a BUD with a range of 5x5.
See, as much as I like you, Blaspheming wins few people over. I can be won over with it, but do not tarnish the name Super Mario Sunshine.(unless you wish to point out the plot was kinda meh at the end with how Kid Bowser knew all along but still wants it anyway[yay, mostly spoiler free !])

And saying that a collection of games that were just never ported to North America until the lost levels were released is Blasphemy if one says it's better then the hands down BEST Super Mario game. Next thing we know you'll be saying that Super Mario 2 in the USA version wasn't just a reskin of a totally unrelated game!

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
See, as much as I like you, Blaspheming wins few people over. I can be won over with it, but do not tarnish the name Super Mario Sunshine.(unless you wish to point out the plot was kinda meh at the end with how Kid Bowser knew all along but still wants it anyway[yay, mostly spoiler free !])

And saying that a collection of games that were just never ported to North America until the lost levels were released is Blasphemy if one says it's better then the hands down BEST Super Mario game. Next thing we know you'll be saying that Super Mario 2 in the USA version wasn't just a reskin of a totally unrelated game!

I'm not meaning to tarnish the same of Sunshine at all. I find it's an amazing breath of fresh air from the conventions of Mario and was an experience in a class all it's own. The only reason I like the lost levels better was because of it's difficulty and amazing level design (But Sunshine had equally as amazing level design also)

About the SM:USA being more than just a re-skin... well it really isn't much more than a re-skin by itself, but it did give Toad his strength and moment in the limelight, Peach her famous float, IIRC Luigi's famous scuttle-hover (not too sure though), and gave the Super Mario series characters such as Bob-ombs, Birdo and Shy Guys. Also, it was more like Nintendo's wishes for a SMB2 than the Lost Levels, as Nintendo was thinking of making the sequel feature vertical scrolling instead of horizontal. Overall, it was a good game and very influential to the Mario franchise while also being nothing more than a re-skin of Doki Doki Panic.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not meaning to tarnish the same of Sunshine at all. I find it's an amazing breath of fresh air from the conventions of Mario and was an experience in a class all it's own. The only reason I like the lost levels better was because of it's difficulty and amazing level design (But Sunshine had equally as amazing level design also)

About the SM:USA being more than just a re-skin... well it really isn't much more than a re-skin by itself, but it did give Toad his strength and moment in the limelight, Peach her famous float, IIRC Luigi's famous scuttle-hover (not too sure though), and gave the Super Mario series characters such as Bob-ombs, Birdo and Shy Guys. Also, it was more like Nintendo's wishes for a SMB2 than the Lost Levels, as Nintendo was thinking of making the sequel feature vertical scrolling instead of horizontal. Overall, it was a good game and very influential to the Mario franchise while also being nothing more than a re-skin of Doki Doki Panic.
Oh good, you know the name of it. Not saying you're wrong(you are in fact right on that), but again, the Lost Levels were released in Japan as SMB: 2. If you want to say a game is better then Super Mario Sunshine, go for the eyes, boo! gold and say SMB: 3, and I will nod and say "True dat, true dat."

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
go for the eyes, boo!

4e2u9uhy.jpg

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Oh good, you know the name of it. Not saying you're wrong(you are in fact right on that), but again, the Lost Levels were released in Japan as SMB: 2. If you want to say a game is better then Super Mario Sunshine, go for the eyes, boo! gold and say SMB: 3, and I will nod and say "True dat, true dat."

Personally, I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but I feel that SMB3 levels felt a little too crowded sometimes. The airships were okay, and so were the sun levels and many others, but I really miss the simple level design of SMB1 and 2(LL) that prided itself on tricky levels made out of very little. SMB3 was very good, but it's one of the few Mario games where I've never been motivated to get past world 2 for whatever reason. I love 1 and 2(LL), USA was very good for what it was, World was a masterpiece and for whatever reason I never thought it was crowded, I guess it it was because of the scale of the levels? 64 was amazing and it's DS version even better. Sunshine I already talked about, Galaxy 1 was majestic and Galaxy 2 was epic but didn't add enough to warrant a third unless a whole lot more is added. The New Series were great and the only new game I don't like is NSMB2. (Extra lives should be a reward, not a given) And then there's the SMB3Dx games which were fun but wore itself out after 18 entire worlds of it in the first game. An interesting concept none the less. NSL is in my opinion, the best Mario game since G2, taking number 4 on my list of the best main series Mario platformer games

Reactions: Mevansuto

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
That's what I mean, Faithful 32 has 17 and a half THOUSAND files at this point and I would estimate about half of the them are items.
Same here, have a personal 64x texture pack that's a mix of various packs and my own attempts, that's about 10k files and a pain to manage.

Reactions: YX33A

unknown zombie

Jan 31, 2013
Florida
For the people who wanted this:
gaf6WT7.gif
for their 1.6.4 Modpacks, it has been backported!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/2712140-
There's some serious weird shit going on with this mod.

After installing it, I started getting ID conflicts. I have no idea why, considering this thing shouldn't be adding any..

After resolving all the new ID conflicts and getting into the game it was spamming my console with this:

Code:
[16:19:36 INFO]: Client> 2014-06-20 16:19:36 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected an attempt by a mod null to perform game activity during mod construction. This is a serious programming error.
[16:19:36 INFO]: Client> 2014-06-20 16:19:36 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Detected an attempt by a mod null to perform game activity during mod construction. This is a serious programming error.

After removing the mod I was able to put the IDs back to where they were and the console spam was gone.

Reactions: Fixided

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
...that's not my giant space hamster...
Or is that joke that... niche.
Well miniature giant space hamsters are hard to come by, you know. The necessary magics are difficult at best, and why would you do that to a useful animal anyway?

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So Azanor posted this
nQgVQNs.png

Good luck trying to decipher it.
I saw it and said "Oh neat, a P2p Essentia Transfer system that looks a bit like a LASER system. And seems I was right. I hope he does it it, because it's awesome.