Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
TBH I'm not too pleased with there being another RP2 clone out there.
TBH, I'm not sure why it matters to you, or anyone else. As always, people are free to use, not use or entirely disregard the existence of any mod they wish.

Until mod development starts coming out of our tax dollars... well, you get the idea ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
TBH, I'm not sure why it matters to you, or anyone else. As always, people are free to use, not use or entirely disregard the existence of any mod they wish.

Until mod development starts coming out of our tax dollars... well, you get the idea ;)

Here's why:
On the mod: Not really getting that impressed. RP2 was great for the time. But looking back it is rather dated. I don't think I would be interested in getting a clone of the old RP2. Would IMO be wiser to spend the time taking the inspiration from the good things and improve them instead like we see in mods like Project Red etc.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Please tell me the new mob isn't baby skeletons.

I think it was mentioned that it was a under water mob. But not a shark.

Edit:
Jens Bergensten @jeb_ · Jun 3
I'm working on a new hostile mob. It lives under water. It's not a shark. It's going to be nasty, but currently doesn't do much.

Jens Bergensten @jeb_ · Jun 8
The mob I'm working on has a ranged attack and kills squid as well as players. On hard difficulty a full diamond armor is recommended.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019

Edit:
I'm working on a new hostile mob. It lives under water. It's not a shark. It's going to be nasty, but currently doesn't do much.

The mob I'm working on has a ranged attack and kills squid as well as players. On hard difficulty a full diamond armor is recommended.
Didn't R'yleh rise from the depths?

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019

Edit:

So it'll be an extremely aggressive underwater skeleton ala Pirates of the Caribbean? Even more fun!:D

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
So it'll be an extremely aggressive underwater skeleton ala Pirates of the Caribbean? Even more fun!:D
Mermaid???!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?!?!??!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
or a Narwhal Both are equally dangerous.

I reserve all rights to say I called it!! If this actually happens.

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Oh god if it's a Giant squid I will never play minecraft again. Just imagine boating across an ocean to get suddenly pulled to the bottom or something.
nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled500.jpg

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
No, I love the peaceful oceans with respiration. I knew there was going to be an underwater mob, but hostile?

Curse you jens the developer

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019

Edit:

In b4 Cthulhu

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
r'lyeh is the name of the city where the great old one still slumbers.
Damn, should have checked the spelling on that one after all. Second and third guessed it, lol.

Anyway, it's more specifically where Cthulhu is imprisoned, under the water.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Damn, should have checked the spelling on that one after all. Second and third guessed it, lol.

Anyway, it's more specifically where Cthulhu is imprisoned, under the water.

nono, i wasn't correcting you. I was agreeing with you. None of us can be sure how to spell it, let alone pronounce it. Our human tongue cannot accurately reproduce the sounds of language of the old ones.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
nono, i wasn't correcting you. I was agreeing with you. None of us can be sure how to spell it, let alone pronounce it. Our human tongue cannot accurately reproduce the sounds of language of the old ones.
Ah! My mistake. I've, er, been speaking with young women all day, my sense of perspective is a little skewed.

Anyway, speak for your own human tongue ;)

Side note, knowing how Mojang works, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a squid zombie.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
I was just swimming in the ocean yesterday on one of the servers I play on and was thinking how awesome it would be to have a predator to worry about. Paleocraft has a megalodon in it. I hope it's something as evil as that thing.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Feels like something out of Mario...

468px-NSMBU_3-SwimforYourLife.Still001.jpg

Just add a tail and remove 1 eye.

Anyway, wonder what it drops, and also, there has to be a reason for going into the water to be attacked by these things. Usually the sole reason you need to get your toes wet on occasion are for squids and clay. Hardly worth a new mob.

Last edited: