Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
No, the QED makes things that you can make in a crafting table. The Assembly Table does not; you must use it for the things it can make.
This could be said of any crafting mechanic... Most new crafting mechanics are spins to make something more interesting that a single gray gui isn't. This is more prevalent in "Magic" mod's however, we sometimes see this in tech mod's like buildcraft with it's table. That's my problem with the QED, it doesn't do anything new or interesting to craft. It's a method that felt shoe horned in to those that enjoy the mod, as some method of balancing out powerful items. It didn't really bring anything exciting to players, and added a boring step to items players enjoyed.

Not only that, it feels like it's a slide in thought for the real reason for the ender quarry, and pump.. Both were made with the server in mind, and were alternatives to the buildcraft machines which not only damaged the environment, but tended to take the toll on a server. It was an alternative method meant for the server owners. Now it's getting pushed higher and higher up, and the buildcraft quarry looks more inviting by the day due to it's simpler recipe.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Now it's getting pushed higher and higher up, and the buildcraft quarry looks more inviting by the day due to it's simpler recipe.
It comes down to this. As nice as ender quarries are, they're more expensive with the QED factor than most other automatic mining methods. Plus Mystcraft is available for 1.7 now, so just use a digger age. Mind you, there are parts of XU that everyone can use, but the QED is a lot like the nerf hammer on Steve's Carts, added bucks for the same bang.

In the face of high cost, and time consuming, limited use infrastructure, why would you use it?

Reactions: Flipz and YX33A

Lawbroken

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearls only drop from Infernal Wither Bosses in 1.7 right?
Say what?
6H6ke54444.jpg

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ender pearls only drop from Infernal Wither Bosses in 1.7 right?

I was think of changing them to Ender Dragon Pearls and removing the drops from Enderman and ender lilies and stuff all together.
I mean, if people are going to complain about how hard or long it takes to get something that is actually fairly easy to do...

Reactions: YX33A and Jadedcat

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
That explains a lot.... (not a bad thing)

Edit to add: My roomates dad visited recently, he's a retired physicist . He tried to inform me that there is no way engineers or physicists would play video games. That was news to me.
Most scientists I have spoken to really hate Sci-Fi movies and shows, but I would never consider it to be impossible.

Reactions: YX33A

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I was think of changing them to Ender Dragon Pearls and removing the drops from Enderman and ender lilies and stuff all together.
I mean, if people are going to complain about how hard or long it takes to get something that is actually fairly easy to do...

I hate hunting endermen. It takes too long and is just dull. If it was fun I wouldn't mind it.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I hate hunting endermen. It takes too long and is just dull. If it was fun I wouldn't mind it.

As do I, but there are ways around it. The point that people complain about how long it takes to get something when there are easy solutions to get it quicker annoy me.

This is normally where I pipe in with my "creative vs survival" diatribe.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
As do I, but there are ways around it. The point that people complain about how long it takes to get something when there are easy solutions to get it quicker annoy me.

This is normally where I pipe in with my "creative vs survival" diatribe.
But you're also forgetting modlists, aswell as what other mods to do that can.. fiddle with other mods... Three maps where we scavenged for ender lily's and got nothing but cruddy rainbow glasses, string, horse armor, blood magic catalysts, and those patterns for painting... Things like that should be in loot chests in villages. Save the slots for things like ender lily's or thaumiam... We have Dmiller's dungeon loot tool thankfully, and i've taken to tossing out the junk like that. ;p

I have a lighter computer so I have to gut modpacks from time to time... And in the end my alternatives come down to just enderlily's. honestly infernal witherbosses would be easier in my opinion due to the lack of an annoying gimmick that denies you the mob to battle for that drop in the first place. No matter what challenge you were to throw into my face, so long as it wasn't involving that teleporting nonsense where they scramble off forever denying you of their sweet pearly's i'll gladly take it. ;p

Reactions: Eyamaz

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Of all the things people complain about with Dartcraft, they never mention ender pearls. Ender tots make pearl gathering fairly easy. They're easy to kill, they drop pearls, and the angry endermen that spawn upon their death are easy to trap & kill. It's probably due to them being disabled in configs.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Of all the things people complain about with Dartcraft, they never mention ender pearls. Ender tots make pearl gathering fairly easy. They're easy to kill, they drop pearls, and the angry endermen that spawn upon their death are easy to trap & kill. It's probably due to them being disabled in configs.
One of the Dartcraft sword enchants disables mobs special abilities when you hit them, like Endermen Teleporting and Creeper explosions

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
One of the Dartcraft sword enchants disables mobs special abilities when you hit them, like Endermen Teleporting and Creeper explosions
For reals.. I think that is going to be the thing every body underestimated about Redpower.. Remember that little dagger specificly for them? Elo knew wazzup.

And now Vazkii is going to bring it back FFFFFFFFFYEAH!

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just use the Arthana from Witchery...
I don't like witchery... Actually remove it from packs when I play. It frustrates me as a whole... Especailly his policies on any mods that add anything to combat it. "It has to go through me first~" Baaaaaaaaaah, got tired of little snots running around threatening eachother with taglocks, and other wizards having nothing to stop them because Emoniph adds something a patch after he catches wind of something that challenges witchery...

Witchery just seems like a pvp mod with an author that summons the indestructible robot that can destroy the universe with a pinky flick... Only time I ever plan to play a pack including witchery , is when my friend impliments their wizards duel themed mod... That'll be fun.. >W>