Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
So Dire just released a vid that shows the new QED in action. If you haven't watched it, you should probably do so, because the current state of the QED is BAD. It makes BC lasers look faster than an Induction Furnace, to the point that a single Ender Marker wasn't even 10% done in 3 minutes with two fully-powered Ender Crystals.

Reactions: jokermatt999

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
So Dire just released a vid that shows the new QED in action. If you haven't watched it, you should probably do so, because the current state of the QED is BAD. It makes BC lasers look faster than an Induction Furnace, to the point that a single Ender Marker wasn't even 10% done in 3 minutes with two fully-powered Ender Crystals.
a) Hmm, I wonder if 10% is 10%?
b) Or these things could have an ungodly amount of power storage and we have to hook up 10 fusion reactors to fully power one.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Told ya so.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
a) Hmm, I wonder if 10% is 10%?
b) Or these things could have an ungodly amount of power storage and we have to hook up 10 fusion reactors to fully power one.
I wonder if a better GUI would help, so you could track how much RF/EF is being processed... but seriously, the recipe for an ender marker is two ender-infused obsidian plus an ender pearl PLUS a whole lot of power input gives you ONE. What's the point?

Frankly, I think the high-end Extra Utils stuff uses too many ender pearls, with no good way to farm them. Ender lilies are way too slow unless you have hundreds and an auto-farm, darnit.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder if a better GUI would help, so you could track how much RF/EF is being processed... but seriously, the recipe for an ender marker is two ender-infused obsidian plus an ender pearl PLUS a whole lot of power input gives you ONE. What's the point?
What's the point of the BC assembly table? A neat crafting mechanism. Same deal.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
What's the point of the BC assembly table? A neat crafting mechanism. Same deal.
If the QED were more like the assembly table, I wouldn't be complaining as much. We spend a lot of resources on this stuff. The assembly table lets you get a working gate with a couple of redstone and iron, and has a better GUI that tells us how much power is needed to finish the crafting process.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

Frankly, I think the high-end Extra Utils stuff uses too many ender pearls, with no good way to farm them. Ender lilies are way too slow unless you have hundreds and an auto-farm, darnit.

The ender markers are a more powerful system than just using the fences. I expect there will eventually be some other kind of bonus in a future bonus like speed maybe.

Actually you can speed up enderlilly by placing them on endstone or I think it's endermatrix blocks.

Reactions: YX33A

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
If the QED were more like the assembly table, I wouldn't be complaining as much. We spend a lot of resources on this stuff. The assembly table lets you get a working gate with a couple of redstone and iron, and has a better GUI that tells us how much power is needed to finish the crafting process.
Not to mention it takes a minute or two max with a decent setup, plus it costs basic resources like diamonds and redstone instead of FREAKING ENDER PEARLS.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
imho, ender lilly seeds should have been expanded in some way, not just a simple plant, pick, profit deal. There could have been a lot more creativity put into it. I also haven't tried the QED stuff as I haven't played with ExU in a long time but it sounds quite saturated with tedium and is a tad bit of a resource sink... stuff looks really cool though, somewhat similar to a buildcraft engine, without the animations?

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
imho, ender lilly seeds should have been expanded in some way, not just a simple plant, pick, profit deal. There could have been a lot more creativity put into it. I also haven't tried the QED stuff as I haven't played with ExU in a long time but it sounds quite saturated with tedium and is a tad bit of a resource sink... stuff looks really cool though, somewhat similar to a buildcraft engine, without the animations?
They have some animation, shooting ender particles towards the QED. Also ender lily seeds have somewhat secret functionality when planted on ender cores (they can be sped up by watering cans and the like)

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
They have some animation, shooting ender particles towards the QED. Also ender lily seeds have somewhat secret functionality when planted on ender cores (they can be sped up by watering cans and the like)
This right here.. The ender lily's are hard to find sometimes. I kinda wanna boost them in dungeon loot to almost always be a prize... Enderpearl hunting early game can go die in a house fire.... This is far more interesting running around looking for an endermen, only to be met by heartbreak from daybreak, or it just completely disappearing... "Oy Endermen Come on and get your tucas back here I wasn't finished with you yet!" I added EE3 a few times just so I could transmute enderpearls from iron...

Anywhose on the subject of Extra utilities, there seems to be allot of back and forth on the soul chunks bit, and the watering can.. Honestly I'm a fan of this decision, everyone has a different idea on what challenge is in minecraft, and personally this is a reeeeeeeally big one... It's a hefty cost that really makes you think whether you want to invest or not. I wouldn't mind having this, rather than the QED to be completely honest. This is far more expensive gate that doesn't feel like an "Oh joy the method of making ten crafting recipes lead up to one method." or the "Arbitrary machine that exists so things become balanced" mechanic we see nowadays. A loss that needs careful consideration, and limits you to what you really can make. Magnum torches should use them for a start, your trading up health for taking out a huge area of hostile mob spawns.