Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like having items/blocks obtained in more ways then just plain old crafting recipes; it adds a lot of fun gameplay to a mod. I have a mod in the works which does much of the same, you can repair tools ans such by shift clicking with them and then if you have enough experience it'll drain your experience in return for a fresh tool. The tools themselves are crafted by arranging blocks in world and then performing a ritual - fun to play with, takes longer to code :p.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I personally like having items/blocks obtained in more ways then just plain old crafting recipes; it adds a lot of fun gameplay to a mod. I have a mod in the works which does much of the same, you can repair tools ans such by shift clicking with them and then if you have enough experience it'll drain your experience in return for a fresh tool. The tools themselves are crafted by arranging blocks in world and then performing a ritual - fun to play with, takes longer to code :p.
Sorry mate but I just find that "X is the pinkest and prettiest of all" message hysterical.

Reactions: 1SDAN

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
SUDDENLY A NEW MOD APPEARS!

CandyNugget 1.7.10-1.0
The CandyNugget Mod adds 2 new fun items And Recipes!

• [ADDED] Iron Nugget
  • [ADDED] Candy Block
  • [ADDED] Recipe For Iron Nugget | 1 iron ingot = 9 iron nuggets
  • [ADDED] Recipe for iron ingot | 9 Iron Nuggets = 1 iron ingot
  • [ADDED] Recipe for candy block | 9 Cookies = 4 CandyBlocks
  • [FORGE] 1.7.10-10.13.2.1236

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5w1jhgxozy2hagm/candynugget-1.7.10-1.0.jar?dl=0

Mod By: @Christophernjsp In request By: @coolsquid321

Please don't post direct links like that. It's just encouraging someone to post a link to spam or a virus.

Reactions: VapourDrive

Kamran Mackey

Jul 29, 2019
Please don't post direct links like that. It's just encouraging someone to post a link to spam or a virus.
He's a mod developer. He's probably been on this forum for a while. I'm pretty sure he knows what the rules are. But yeah...Christopher you should put the links in spoliers.

Reactions: Chaka

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
He's a mod developer. He's probably been on this forum for a while. I'm pretty sure he knows what the rules are. But yeah...Christopher you should put the links in spoliers.
I'm sorry what? He has been active (posting) on this thread for a fair amount of time, and everyone knows he is completely fine posting direct links. But with direct links there is more potential to unsuspectingly give a virus. It makes more sense to post to a thread containing this info were the downloads can be found. It is also more appealing and generally favored.

The first sentence makes this seem somewhat mean. I am just confused so please over look all the mean things that it could mean :p.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Huh?

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store
Edit I figured out what you meant.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Huh?

You probably already get this. This is more for the purpose to teach others.

Can Put a virus on your computer easily:
DL ------------> Computer

Is better and gives people a chance to look at what they are downloding:
Link ---------> MediaFire or Other ------------> Computer

This is best:
Thread Link ---------> Thread ---------> MediaFire or Other ------------> Computer

Reactions: Yulife and Chaka

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey

Thread Link ---------> MediaFire or Other ------------> Computer

This is best:
Thread Link ---------> Thread ---------> MediaFire or Other ------------> Computer
I am currently working on my website. Hint http://chaka15205.2fh.co/ once I finish that I will either link the download there or on its mod page / dropbox

Reactions: SatanicSanta

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

Link ---------> MediaFire or Other ------------> Computer

This is best:
The thing is, a mod that adds two items that (probably) don't really have a function really doesn't need a thread. And it wasn't even a direct link; you had to click "Download".

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, a mod that adds two items that (probably) don't really have a function really doesn't need a thread. And it wasn't even a direct link; you had to click "Download".
I am a big non-believer in DL because of viruses so I did not go to the link, rather took the one comments words for it.

I am currently working on my website. Hint http://chaka15205.2fh.co/ once I finish that I will either link the download there or on its mod page / dropbox

You should set up a temporary FTB Forums Thread.

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I am a big non-believer in DL because of viruses so I did not go to the link, rather took the one comments words for it.

You should set up a temporary FTB Forums Thread.
The mod will have its own page on my site. Despite the little effort (8 minutes) it took to code. I will maintain it for as long as I can

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

It's still not a good thing to do. Even if it seemed OK for him to post a link like that others might see it and do the same. Or think another person posting a link is also ok and download something bad.
You can't play favorites in a open forum. And as he has posted here before and every time anyone posts a direct link it's replied with a polite caution against doing so he should know better.
Don't forget that FTB is in some way responsible for everything posted here. Including what it linked from here. So precautions must be taken.
And the small concession of not posting direct links should not be trouble for anyone who has already written a hunk of code and is by far the best for everybody's peace of mind.

Another thing worth mentioning is that there is the possibility that even a mod written with out any ill intent could cause harm to a computer. Even if it's just to a single MC instance. A thread that people can post warning to or just simple bug reports should be a must for even the simplest mods.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
It's still not a good thing to do. Even if it seemed OK for him to post a link like that others might see it and do the same. Or think another person posting a link is also ok and download something bad.
You can't play favorites in a open forum. And as he has posted here before and every time anyone posts a direct link it's replied with a polite caution against doing so he should know better.
Don't forget that FTB is in some way responsible for everything posted here. Including what it linked from here. So precautions must be taken.
And the small concession of not posting direct links should not be trouble for anyone who has already written a hunk of code and is by far the best for everybody's peace of mind.

Another thing worth mentioning is that there is the possibility that even a mod written with out any ill intent could cause harm to a computer. Even if it's just to a single MC instance. A thread that people can post warning to or just simple bug reports should be a must for even the simplest mods.
I think a GitHub repository would make much more sense than a forum thread, now that I've thought about it a bit more.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I think a GitHub repository would make much more sense than a forum thread, now that I've thought about it a bit more.

Ether or. Just some place to say here I am if you need me. I'm not some stranger hanging around the schoolyard handing out candy. :D

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
I've relocated the comment chain here, since that's something I can do now with the version of forum software we're on (which is so much more preferable than the mass-deletion I used to have to do because the previous process was "move to individual thread, merge threads" and... wasn't something I wanted to do with one existing thread that's pushing 3000 posts from another that's pushing 7000).

And I'm trying to find a non-hostile way to put this to people that doesn't involve yelling in red text, but if I keep seeing individuals using the news thread like a conversation thread, I'm going to start using the "ban from thread" feature that was also added with our most recent update. The chatter has diminished over time but we still get bursts of it, and complaints about that tend to be the #3 issue for moderation overall (next to #1 - Spambots and #2 - Server Promotion Approvals). If you got something to say about something in that thread, quote it, copy the quote here, and start talking about it here, please, folks. =)