Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Perversely, I'm the opposite of what's been mentioned above. I prefer a direct link any day over going through 3rd party download hosting sites. These sites tend to be filled full with advertisements (to naturally pay for things), and quite often these advertisements can cause other sites to popup and on occasion scam popups to get you to install a virus.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If you got something to say about something in that thread, quote it, copy the quote here, and start talking about it here, please, folks. =)

Are single comment replies allowed. Like "Ohh nice mod" sort of replies?

And can we post links in that thread directing chat to this one like I did?

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Are single comment replies allowed. Like "Ohh nice mod" sort of replies?

And can we post links in that thread directing chat to this one like I did?
Ideally the link wouldn't be needed, but if people need to be directed, have at it. I can't speak for other moderators, but my peeve (and when the reports tend to come in) is when I open the thread and there's almost a page of blahblah, particularly when it's "LOL let's post image macros cuz I'm edgy and cool" and not even actual talking. Commentary and discussion should come over here. I won't just plop down a thread ban without a pattern of behavior going on, though.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
As a user, I would much rather see a link to the discussion thread for that mod. Download link in that thread.

What do you mean, there is no discussion thread for a mod? Well, make one.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Ooooh, spoilers

LDrbVEq.png
Well if it's a cosmetic mod then if it could be made to work with RiskyKen's Armourer's Workshop then we would have something absolutely amazing. I hope the dev reads this and they get in touch. Who is the dev of this mod?

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Well if it's a cosmetic mod then if it could be made to work with RiskyKen's Armourer's Workshop then we would have something absolutely amazing. I hope the dev reads this and they get in touch. Who is the dev of this mod?

dmillerw. The Minecraft Forums thread is here if you have suggestions.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
That clockworks mod looks really cool but I don't really like when people stray from 16x textures (not to say that the textures look bad at all) 32x textures are also nice as long as they stay away from any sort of pixel interpolation.

Reactions: Lumaceon

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'd be interested in seeing whatever you come up with for your glass armour. Potentially adding it to my modpack as well, if you don't mind.

Oh you will love it. Breaks after one hit causes you to take 3 times the damage and permanently reduces your health. Or at least until you get the shards pulled out of you. Oh and it periodically causes you to catch on fire do to the lensing effect. And attracts mobs. Because it's sparkly. :D
Ok, probably not. But it would be a funny idea.

Reactions: SynfulChaot

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
Oh you will love it. Breaks after one hit causes you to take 3 times the damage and permanently reduces your health. Or at least until you get the shards pulled out of you. Oh and it periodically causes you to catch on fire do to the lensing effect. And attracts mobs. Because it's sparkly. :D
Ok, probably not. But it would be a funny idea.
My co-admin put together glass armor for our server after cosmetic armor released. But then the skin armor was added so he dropped it. I kept trying to convince him that it should amplify damage after taking a few hits. Didn't think about the other potential fun effects though :)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
My co-admin put together glass armor for our server after cosmetic armor released. But then the skin armor was added so he dropped it. I kept trying to convince him that it should amplify damage after taking a few hits. Didn't think about the other potential fun effects though :)

You could also add rebound damage. Like a boosted form of thorns that adds the health reduction. You could even add poison to it. It would make for an interesting PVP mechanic.
Medic! I got glass in my... no no not there not there!!! :p
Someone get the pliers.

Having to wack the inflicted with a wrench would work as a removal method.
Another interesting mechanic would be you take damage if you move. I don't think anyone has added one like that before. And can you imagine the sound such a thing should/could have. :D

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Actually it was just going to be a set of transparent armour with little durability and no protection- so with cosmetic armour it creates the illusion of being naked.
[Also you can wear a powersuit without actually having to look at it]

(the mod does have skin armour- so it might end up a minetweaker'd recipe)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Actually it was just going to be a set of transparent armour with little durability and no protection- so with cosmetic armour it creates the illusion of being naked.
[Also you can wear a powersuit without actually having to look at it]

(the mod does have skin armour- so it might end up a minetweaker'd recipe)

A armor that looked like actual MC glass would look cool though.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
It would be nice if there was a chisel-like alternate texture for armor, such as Leather pants (Pants)/(Skirt)/(Jeans)/(Robes), Iron Chestplate (Smooth)/(large plates)/(Small plates)/(Dense scalps), Gold Helmet (Smooth)/(Crown)/(hard hat)/(Ceremonial knight), Diamond boots (Smooth)/(Bling sandals)/(Messenger)/(Magical)