Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
I'm 13 :p. I just grew up a little fast...don't wanna do my big story though right now...maybe I'll make a post about it in general chat. Been needing to tell it sometime :p. Anyway I think I seem older because of the way I talk and because I try not to be a dick ;).
Hey your the same age as me. Also if you didn't say you were 13 then I would have never known

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
This is what usually happens when I meet someone. First, they look at me and see I'm small and assume I'm <13. Then I open my mouth and they think I'm >13. Pretty much happens like that...every single time...
Easiest way to solve that: kidnap Morgan freeman and have him do all of your talking for you. That way you never have to open your mouth.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
/me qaplms
@Qazplm601 how you like that again :p
tumblr_mbjpkahL7S1ran3jeo1_500.gif

Reactions: GreatOrator

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Eh, the mod was not a particularly popular one, I know of no major modpacks which used it. I would guess because most of the plants it added were decorative or had minimal usage.

How about because it just finished? Not "No mod packs used it because it was not popular", but "It just finished, and did not have a chance to go into modpacks yet".

Btw: I'm over 18, and have two more pages on this topic. Sheesh.

EDIT: OK, read both pages. Seriously, is "Guess my age" the new forum game?

Last edited:

10paktimbits

Jul 29, 2019
Another boring and uninteresting knee-jerk reaction.

For those of you that care, I want to clarify my decision to pull Plant Mega Pack (PMP) from the internet. For now.

My decision is primarily due to Microsoft's purchase of Mojang, but there are other reasons which I won't go into here.

To be blunt, I don't trust Microsoft. Any promise that they provide like "things won't change" has very little merit with me. I don't trust them, and if I'm guilty of anything here it is for being honest about a company that is money-driven, not community driven.

This is a new adventure for MS - they've never done this before, and I don't have the confidence that they will get it right. Sorry MS, your history of games, in particular how you've pushed the PC market aside in favor of Xbox, has not done anything positive for me to trust you in any way.

I am continuing to develop PMP, it is just not available on the internet for Microsoft to 'acquire'. I don't know what will happen with licensing, agreements, mod developers and so on. Yes, I fear the unknown. I am very protective of the code that I have spent over a year of very long hours developing. I've worked very hard to make Plant Mega Pack, and I don't want the clutches of Microsoft to sink into it and take it away.

I feel horrible for my fans, for me and for the future of PMP. I am sorry.