Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
You know what I just thought of? I have a small (50 or 60gb cant remember) ssd and Windows is taking up all but 10gb and 1gb of that is taken up with minecraft stuff and 2 more gb is taken up by other programs and files so I only have like 6 gb to work with, leaving 1 to spare.

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I don't know how many people noticed, but Plant Mega Pack is officially dead as of yesterday.

aU90e7z.png

NRg8ELb.png

And the forum topic is now closed, with all download links removed. :(
Another boring and uninteresting knee-jerk reaction.

BBoldt

Jul 29, 2019
It was a really nice mod. He was working on it A LOT right before he decided to quit and pull all download links. He just finished making every single aspect of the mod configurable through the in-game configs.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Brief hunt about suggests exactly that.

If people liked it enough, its hardly a big deal: modders will clone the creative content they like.
Eh, the mod was not a particularly popular one, I know of no major modpacks which used it. I would guess because most of the plants it added were decorative or had minimal usage.

Reactions: Pyure

jaquadro

Jul 29, 2019
I've never used that mod, so I don't know much about it. I suppose it's closed-source with nobody to continue it?
I was fairly close to this one. Over the course of two days he went from talking to me about close mod integration and big plans, to committing to near-term bugfixes, to scrubbing himself and his work out of existance.

This isn't exactly the first time. He pulled his mod after the Erik EULA reddit fiasco as well, before eventually picking up again. If this is how he deals with uncertainty, then he shouldn't be modding for any game. In the end, everyone is worse off. He wasted a tremendous amount of time and anyone else interested in making a creative plant mod may have been discouraged because 'there's already that mod'.