Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
C9G5SAz.png

The amount of times I clicked this out of OCD

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Filing a DMCA requires using one's real identity, not an option open to me.
However, I had an idea: Is it possible to make a file "know" where it was downloaded from/perform some action in a file on download?

And I got 20+ likes for calling them stupid. :p
Sorry for a repsonse this late. A file cannot know where it was downloaded from BUT it knows when it was downloaded. It also knows it's name (obviously) and it can communicate with a server. So if someone is willing to make a server program that checks a file and returns whether it was the latest version or not (in accordance to the time it was downloaded) the problem can be solved. The mod just has to run some code that crashes the game.

If a mod author allows for older versions to be downloaded someone can make a program that changes the name of all the files every time it is updated so the old files no longer work and because the old ones have new name they can still be downloaded.

Reactions: null123

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for a repsonse this late. A file cannot know where it was downloaded from BUT it knows when it was downloaded. It also knows it's name (obviously) and it can communicate with a server. So if someone is willing to make a server program that checks a file and returns whether it was the latest version or not (in accordance to the time it was downloaded) the problem can be solved. The mod just has to run some code that crashes the game.

If a mod author allows for older versions to be downloaded someone can make a program that changes the name of all the files every time it is updated so the old files no longer work and because the old ones have new name they can still be downloaded.
I have a feeling that this would cause more trouble than my old (removed) TechnicHandler. Users don't seem to like DRM, especially not outside the mod jar.

1M Industries

Jul 29, 2019
To that person: Please go eat a...oops, looked at the forum rules. Fine then, to that person: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Please find a replacement brain, as yours appears to be non-functional. Anyone know what movie the first quote was from?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

I cannot see this as being safe from false positives or not causing problems for other reasons.

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
LOL, so gracious. As for things people have said, mine are just 99% of the usual, "Mods make the game too easy." However that moment when me and my house mate first LAN played a mod pack, he dived into EE2 really hard, I went with Tech, got my first BC quarry going, started filling up chests in my tiny home. A few days of this and we started making progress. He comes over with a destruction catalyst. Goes to drop an item in the 'mailbox' out side my house and right clicks, right outside the wall with all my storage chests. Bonus points for having it on empowered mode and tunneling through my entire house.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to count stupid things people have done in minecraft top three are things involving EE, veinminer, and lava. :D

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
If you want to count stupid things people have done in minecraft top three are things involving EE, veinminer, and lava. :D
If we're including vanilla, when my friend sneezed while holding an enchanted diamond sword. While aiming at me. While bridging over lava. After my armor broke. In the nether

Reactions: 1M Industries

purplefantum

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, and a recent derp from me, involving rotating a terrain smasher into my ore chest, while trying to make an obsidian farm. Super Derpy part is, it was on The Dark Trilogy, little did I know, in TDT, terrain smashers void everything they break. >.<

Reactions: 1SDAN

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
This was back in Ultimate and I just remembered it. I clicked on my deep storage unit filled with spruce logs with a vjara. Luckily I had two of them so my production wasn't stopped. But still it took 128 hours to fill one up with my setup. At least it was a server.

Reactions: null123 and 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.