Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
You know, I've never gotten some of the names for Pokemon mods. "Blaze Black" just doesn't make any damned sense, to me.

C

chbachman

Response from today.
Friend: what is the most secret door
Me: a player detector with a drawbridge.
Friend: you play with mods? They don't work. They crashed minecraft for a week for me.
Me: first, crashing for a week is impossible, you just didn't know how to fix it. Second you didn't install it right.
Friend: my dad is a programmer in his free time and he installed it. Therefore he is right.
Me: I make minecraft mods. Mods do not crash a computer for a week. Also, want to see something, *pulls out laptop, opens up modded minecraft with 78 mods. *They work. Deal with it.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Response from today.
Friend: what is the most secret door
Me: a player detector with a drawbridge.
Friend: you play with mods? They don't work. They crashed minecraft for a week for me.
Me: first, crashing for a week is impossible, you just didn't know how to fix it. Second you didn't install it right.
Friend: my dad is a programmer in his free time and he installed it. Therefore he is right.
Me: I make minecraft mods. Mods do not crash a computer for a week. Also, want to see something, *pulls out laptop, opens up modded minecraft with 78 mods. *They work. Deal with it.
This attitude infuriates me. 'They don't work' yes, clearly they do, see? Ooh modded goodness works fine for me. People are so quick to blame their incompetence on others. My server buddy, his internet is terrible. Flat out shite. Whenever he gets lags it's because a) server is crap and laggy b) mods are badly written causing lag c) my base has too much stuff (!) no mate it's because sky are screwing you over, server is fine on my fiber connection. Still love him tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1SDAN

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Ug, hated some (definitely not all) lag complaints when I was a server admin.

Player: AMG LAG!
Me: *isn't noticing problems* *checks the TPS rates to be sure*
Me: Sorry, it's on your end or network, <player name>.
Player: No! My internet and computer are amazing it's the stupid server!
Me: The server is operating just fine. I just checked it personally.
Player: You're an idiot and just lying and supporting the server!
Me: *10 minute mute*

Reactions: 1SDAN

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019
Ug, hated some (definitely not all) lag complaints when I was a server admin.

Player: AMG LAG!
Me: *isn't noticing problems* *checks the TPS rates to be sure*
Me: Sorry, it's on your end or network, <player name>.
Player: No! My internet and computer are amazing it's the stupid server!
Me: The server is operating just fine. I just checked it personally.
Player: You're an idiot and just lying and supporting the server!
Me: *10 minute mute*

Player: ADMIN ABUSE!!1!11! I'm calling the Police on you, you hacker1!!1!$1

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Player: ADMIN ABUSE!!1!11! I'm calling the Police on you, you hacker1!!1!$1
I got that a couple times. Laughed good and hard to them both times actually. In game and in TeamSpeak. Even invited them to joing TS and the room I was in, with the server owner.

edit: The first one actually accepted. Resulting in the owner putting him on a 3 day ban for abusing one of her admins. The second one remembered the first.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
me: Okay folks, here is how to install *insert mod*, you will need it to join the server
*gives web link to info page*
Make sure to download version *insert version here*

Friend: That mod is broken, it won't let me log in, remove it!
me: What did you do?
Friend: I downloaded it *from a different place, and got a different version* (added bonus he was using an older version of the pack as well)
That mod must be broken, let's not use it.
me: It works fine for the other 5 people on the server.... You didn't....
Friend: But it's broken!
me: /facepalm Don't you read the updates on the page? We've haven't used that version in a month, and why didn't you go to the page I told you to?
Friend: I went there, but didn't see any download links! (Note the LARGE download button at the top of the page)
me: I thought you knew how to internet....

Reactions: PierceSG and 1SDAN

Nisteth

Jul 29, 2019
Off Topic:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Meloetta
Only the best of the best can catch one. Or, if you got one via a RL event. Or are playing Blaze Black 2 / Volt White 2.
... I'll stop there. This train has gotten far along off the track as it is.
True that. Meloetta is easily second place on my list just because of EVERYTHING. The colors it uses, the typing, the moves, the dynamic stat set... the list goes on. I even went as far as to manage to catch a legit Shiny.
Though IMO it will never top Torterra, as that was my first starter. BFFs for life yo. Cried a little when I revisited Diamond a few months ago. Couldn't delete my save. The feels, man.

On Topic:
Speaking of broken mods and adminbuse, I once met an admin that did the exact thing as listed a few times above. Then he banned the host and tried to mutiny the server, and of course, because of console, got completely screwed.

Reactions: 1SDAN and Eruantien

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Off Topic:

True that. Meloetta is easily second place on my list just because of EVERYTHING. The colors it uses, the typing, the moves, the dynamic stat set... the list goes on. I even went as far as to manage to catch a legit Shiny.
Though IMO it will never top Torterra, as that was my first starter. BFFs for life yo. Cried a little when I revisited Diamond a few months ago. Couldn't delete my save. The feels, man.

On Topic:
Speaking of broken mods and adminbuse, I once met an admin that did the exact thing as listed a few times above. Then he banned the host and tried to mutiny the server, and of course, because of console, got completely screwed.
If I had a server and that happened, what would happen would be this on console:
/say Haha.. Nope!
/ban OffendingAdmin cya!

Reactions: E_DM_B and 1SDAN

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
Is that sarcasm? Because I remember modloader and I think dropping a file into a folder is easier.
I dunno, finding a program to open the .jar files, and shoving forge and other core mods in, and deleting some vanilla stuff. That was some fun stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.