Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I have noticed that too, though saying so is a good way to get flooded with admins - both unpleasant and not - aggressively disagreeing. And the really friendly ones, the ones I want to upset the least and for whom the description is least relevant, tend to be the ones who take it the hardest.

I'm a server admin. I don't get offended. Because I'm not a knob :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
And the devs who do not - like me - end up being vilified by a large chunk of the community for not "making the mod the way the community wants".
Awk_shiver.png
Tell him to get shot.

Reactions: Bigpak

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
That is even harsher than me. :p

From reading that pastebin screencap about donation dollars just for that I am going to go to your patreon. I hope he's happy.

I know I may seem like a fanboy of rotarycraft, but if other mods caught my attention as much as rotarycraft did then I would do the same. I appreciate everything all mod developers do for modding minecraft community.

Last edited:

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
From reading that pastebin screencap about donation dollars just for that I am going to go to your patreon. I hope he's happy.

I know I may seem like a fanboy of rotarycraft, but if other mods caught my attention as much as rotarycraft did then I would do the same. I appreciate everything all mod developers do for modding minecraft community.
Check your PMs, and as always, thank you so much. :D

That's... wow. I've stated that mod devs should listen to the community but devs are in no way obliged to do so even less to take the advice. Especially about balance. The community seems to have no idea as to what that even means.
"Balance" is purely a matter of opinion. Which is fine until players, mod devs or server admins start trying to enforce it on each other like there is an objective truth to statements like "DartCraft is overpowered".

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I'd like to see mod authors adding extraneous code to their mods to "deal" with players who've gone out of their way to be "problematic".
Unfortunately, banishing people from your mods is against the EULA.
If you make any content available on or through our Game, you must give us permission to use, copy, modify and adapt that content. This permission must be irrevocable, and you must also let us permit other people to use, copy, modify and adapt your content.

Also:
If you are going to make something available on or through our Game, it must not be offensive to people
Which is a little bit too unspecific IMO, it technically limits anything horror-themed. It kinda means Blood Magic is edgy, since it's sort of like the evil version of Satanism.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

Also:

Which is a little bit too unspecific IMO, it technically limits anything horror-themed. It kinda means Blood Magic is edgy, since it's sort of like the evil version of Satanism.

As opposed to Girl Scout Satanism, rated U for Universal (suitable for all ages) :D

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
all I read in that is that everyone has the right to modify your code, and that you can't be offensive.... I don't see including a list of handles that get death notices every time they log in as either...... It's not your fault many players may have a hard time removing themselves from the list......

but yeah, it'd kind of be a dirty rotten trick, that wouldn't "score points" with the community.

As reika pointed out elswhere they'd be waving pitchforks and chanting "down with DRM".

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
As opposed to Girl Scout Satanism, rated U for Universal (suitable for all ages) :D

Is Witchery moving in this direction? With its pentacles and whatnot...
But I digress.
Whoever said anything about banishment? Surely, one would not take offense at an endless array of ba~ battle chickens continually spaw~ attacking?
For another example: "This cannot be disabled if your minecraft username is 'jadedcat'."
/derail
*hypehypehype* EDGECRAFT! *hypehypehype* MEGAMAN RESOURCEPACK! *hypehypehype* RABBITS! *hypehyp--shuriken*

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is Witchery moving in this direction? With its pentacles and whatnot...
But I digress.
My thought is, what is satanism? Last i heard the Christian religion was quick to take things from religions they considered "Pagan" and if they didn't incorporate them into Christianity (Christmas tree) they painted them as Satanic.

The Pentacle mentioned in the OP originated with the Sumerians, was adopted by the Christians as a holy symbol up until the Renesance where it began to be linked with the occult, and Satanism....... I blame Faust....

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
My thought is, what is satanism? Last i heard the Christian religion was quick to take things from religions they considered "Pagan" and if they didn't incorporate them into Christianity (Christmas tree) they painted them as Satanic.

The Pentacle mentioned in the OP originated with the Sumerians, was adopted by the Christians as a holy symbol up until the Renesance where it began to be linked with the occult, and Satanism....... I blame Faust....
Not to start a flame war, but I believe you've been mis-informed about some things... and we'll just leave it at that, 'k? :cool:
Minecraft stupidity only, not that of "real-life".

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just be careful calling a mod Satanic because they use a pentagram....... They where once worn upon the shields of Christian soldiers as a symbol refrencing the 5 wounds.

But we do digress, this'll be my final post on the topic

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I'd just be careful calling a mod Satanic because they use a pentagram....... They where once worn upon the shields of Christian soldiers as a symbol refrencing the 5 wounds.

But we do digress, this'll be my final post on the topic
Last note: pentagram = pentacle ; pentagrams/pentangles may have been used by Christians, pentacles were not. Pentacles are necessarily occult.

Status
Not open for further replies.