Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Actually, in all technicality any more than one punctuation mark equivalent (i.e. ?!.) is bad grammar. So that's just allowing you to be questioning AND loud, without breaking strict grammar rules.

Reactions: CptSpike

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
...What other use does an exclamation have other than denoting that the sentence is relatively loud?
It denotes an emphatic statement...... which while often loud, can be made in a whisper.

She whispers, you son of a B****! trying in vain to keep their argument secret from the children sleeping in the next room.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
My friend once told me Notch made Steve? in order to ward off herobrine...
i just ug... so what your friend is saying is that the game did not have players... it had herobrine and you just watched him as a floating nothing and then he implemented steve aka the player...

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
i just ug... so what your friend is saying is that the game did not have players... it had herobrine and you just watched him as a floating nothing and then he implemented steve aka the player...

My son has mc on the Xbox and he is adamant herobrine is a glitch that haunts him -.- I've given up explaining that glitches don't produce models textures, advanced ai etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
My son has mc on the Xbox and he is adamant herobrine is a glitch that haunts him -.- I've given up explaining that glitches don't produce models textures, advanced ai etc

That would be one hell of a glitch... to be fair there was a missing texture error that DID match the desc...

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
That would be one hell of a glitch... to be fair there was a missing texture error that DID match the desc...

A missing texture error that caused a fully modelled , textured Steve to follow him placing Steve heads and setting traps and writing signs?

Guess Mojang's glitches are more productive than their staff :)

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A missing texture error that caused a fully modelled , textured Steve to follow him placing Steve heads and setting traps and writing signs?

Guess Mojang's glitches are more productive than their staff :)

Related to this are people who refuse to accept that minecraft is ultimately a computer program, and that it is not capable of doing things not present in the code. Be it herobrine, "unknown creature", a new block, or anything else, I have seen far too many people argue that there is some sort of "ghost in the machine".

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Related to this are people who refuse to accept that minecraft is ultimately a computer program, and that it is not capable of doing things not present in the code. Be it herobrine, "unknown creature", a new block, or anything else, I have seen far too many people argue that there is some sort of "ghost in the machine".
Herobrine and other "ghosts" are wonderful ways to explain away our own mistakes...... but then at one time or another most of us have likely done the same thing to a sibling...... doesn't mean that explanation will stand up to the light of day.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019

Why can't I like this twice?

1SDAN

Jul 29, 2019

No, he's saying Minecraft was once a game where you play as a floating camera/arm combo and run through caves in a horribly textured game from the 1840s. He's stupid, but not THAT stupid.

dothrom

Jul 29, 2019
No, he's saying Minecraft was once a game where you play as a floating camera/arm combo and run through caves in a horribly textured game from the 1840s. He's stupid, but not THAT stupid.

Nah, it's probably that Minecraft used to be a post-apocalyptic game where people were nothing but disembodied arms. Herobrine was the first full formed human, birthed from a mutation in endermen.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Nah, it's probably that Minecraft used to be a post-apocalyptic game where people were nothing but disembodied arms. Herobrine was the first full formed human, birthed from a mutation in endermen.

Rather have disembodied legs. At least they would be armless ... I'll let myself out

Reactions: eeffoc and 1SDAN

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry I've got the country's top scientists working out what the hell you just said :D

and I borrow some of your scientists?
mine have either A)quit. B) sued me for cruel and unusual work conditions C) died/went into a coma due to massive brain cell necrosis.
maybe I shouldn't tell them to decipher the following languages: "stupid" and "idiot" among others.
or to traverse these forums. or the WoT forums. or any gaming forum. period.

OT: I had a friend in high school tell me he created a mod with a bunch of special creepers (I think he was trying to impress me with Special Mobs). I never really believed him, but agreed anyway to get him to stop talking me to death.

Reactions: 1SDAN and CptSpike
Status
Not open for further replies.