Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or did the guy sound like a very stupid Yoda or something with the way he wrote that message?

Edit: "Dumb, is this one. Do not understand syntax, he does not. Wise, I am, atleast."-Yoda, probably.

Last edited:

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Now rises the question if I am the only one that couldn't be bothered to check it out.
Too bad, there were some good ones out there. I thought the one from TeamCOFH was both inspired and the best way to do it.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
"Do you like mods?"

Other person: "Yeah"

"Which one is your favorite?"

"The one that uses forge"

*Sighs*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1SDAN

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
No. I despise it.
So, it ain't just me! Good. I get tired of having to deal with random shenanigans when I just want to perform the terrible, evil act of actually playing my friggin game. That's not even getting into real-life shenanigans people pull in the name of "humour." If I have to hear one more braindead droolie mention some hair-brained "prank" they did on 1 April, I'm going to bleedin choke someone.

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
I once had a peer in one of my classes talk to me about modded minecraft and all of the mods they "make". A few of the mods they tried to claim that they had wrote include Metallurgy4 and Waila, which is funny as I know both Glassmaker and Profmobius, and neither of them are him. It was especially hilarious for me, as I got to mess with him and slowly unravel his deceptions.

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
I once had a peer in one of my classes talk to me about modded minecraft and all of the mods they "make". A few of the mods they tried to claim that they had wrote include Metallurgy4 and Waila, which is funny as I know both Glassmaker and Profmobius, and neither of them are him. It was especially hilarious for me, as I got to mess with him and slowly unravel his deceptions.
Those are the kind of people who say they know notch. "Sure you do"

ironclaw2000

Jul 29, 2019
These kind of people have always existed, they just used to claim their cousin owned Microsoft or how they were personal friends with the US president.

Source: Meeting, deriding, and being hated by these people.
I met a guy at school last year who claimed he had 1tb of ram in his PC. No amount of logic and explanation on my part could make him realize the truth.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite on topic, but your post made me think of this - now it's surreal to hear people recommend FTB packs.
"Hey, you play Minecraft? Ever tried FTB?"
"Uh..."

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Not quite on topic, but your post made me think of this - now it's surreal to hear people recommend FTB packs.
"Uh..."
I know! Its so weird to see things I enjoyed when they were, for lack of a better term, underground, suddenly becoming quite popular. Its a good weird, though. FTB has definitely earned its time in the sun.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
As I believe I've stated before, Infinity just feels...inferior to its predecessor, Monster

Followed up by saying there's no content in Infinity.... While I agree the tech stuff is lacking a little(but built the new IC2 nukes yet? thought not) and Reika's mods would help that, the amount of content in the other mods is just ridiculous...

Come say there's no content when you've "finished" Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, Witchery and Botania. I'll see you in a year.

There's also a handy "Edit Modpack" button. People whining about Kitchen Sink packs really get my back up. Something missing, add it. Something OP, remove it. It's a different animal to your HQM packs and is not designed to spoon feed you through till you're "finished", stop complaining

/rant off

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
"Uh..."
yeah. I usually just go along with it. Saying "Oh yeah i work with FTB" would likely get you posted in this thread if you didn't provide a giant explanation :p

Reactions: gold49

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Followed up by saying there's no content in Infinity.... While I agree the tech stuff is lacking a little(but built the new IC2 nukes yet? thought not) and Reika's mods would help that, the amount of content in the other mods is just ridiculous...

Come say there's no content when you've "finished" Thaumcraft, Blood Magic, Witchery and Botania. I'll see you in a year.

There's also a handy "Edit Modpack" button. People whining about Kitchen Sink packs really get my back up. Something missing, add it. Something OP, remove it. It's a different animal to your HQM packs and is not designed to spoon feed you through till you're "finished", stop complaining

/rant off
That's the problem: I'm not big on magic mods. They just don't...feel right, for me. Also, the "Edit Modpack" button is great, unless you're playing on a server. I happen to be playing on an Infinity server now, one I don't own. If I did own it, you'd better bet your arse I'd add tech to it. Alas, I can't do that. Besides, I'm judging the pack as it comes out of the box, not as it could be if I changed it; if I did that, then any pack can be great, thus defeating the point of a review. As it comes out of the box, Infinity is tech light, and that's a problem for me.

Also, do learn to read, dear, you're embarrassing yourself. I never said that there isn't any content in Infinity, I said that there isn't as much when compared to Monster. Monster had at least twice as much tech as Infinity, and that's if you don't count the Engineer's Toolbox (+ addons) rubbish that cluttered up worlds with pointless crap.

Also, "stop complaining?" Next, you're gonna tell me life's not fair and that I should pull myself up by my bootstraps. But, please, do keep going. This popcorn ain't gonna eat itself, ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.