Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
This is sadly a common view in some parts of the community. Why can't people just follow Wheaton's law? :(
Because everyone's definition of "dick" is different
For those of you that don't know Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick. So yes I'm using the word correctly, it's not intentionally vulgar, and have fun with the immature chuckling (I know I am. Tee-hee dick :p)

Also RE: Kitchen Sink packs. Sorry, if you're making one and it's light on content for no apparent reason, you're doing it wrong. Not including Engineers Toolbox (there's no addons anymore, it's all baked into the main mod... unfortunately) because that <censored cuss laden rant> algae? Makes sense. Not including most of the mods that the community enjoyed with Monster? Things like Reika's mods? That's personally inexcusable. In my personal estimation, FTB really dropped the ball with Infinity. I'm starting to only enjoy third party packs (which I consider Agrarian Skies and Magic Farm to be. They're Jaded's two-headed baby, and they're indicative of the carefully sculpted experience that originally attracted me to the FTB Pyramid map/pack), their general stuff like Tech World, Magic Pack, Lite, Infinity, etc? Is just... unimpressive.

Because make no mistake, Infinity is SEVERLY lacking in content in multiple areas as compared to even things like FTB Beta A from 1.4.7 days, the only saving grace is it included some MASSIVE content mods like IC2-Exp, TC4, and Botania. Take out the givens, you know the stuff that will be put into basically every pack ever without a good reason to take it out? Infinity is tiny and content poor.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Because everyone's definition of "dick" is different
For those of you that don't know Wheaton's Law: Don't be a dick. So yes I'm using the word correctly, it's not intentionally vulgar, and have fun with the immature chuckling (I know I am. Tee-hee dick :p)

Also RE: Kitchen Sink packs. Sorry, if you're making one and it's light on content for no apparent reason, you're doing it wrong. Not including Engineers Toolbox (there's no addons anymore, it's all baked into the main mod... unfortunately) because that <censored cuss laden rant> algae? Makes sense. Not including most of the mods that the community enjoyed with Monster? Things like Reika's mods? That's personally inexcusable. In my personal estimation, FTB really dropped the ball with Infinity. I'm starting to only enjoy third party packs (which I consider Agrarian Skies and Magic Farm to be. They're Jaded's two-headed baby, and they're indicative of the carefully sculpted experience that originally attracted me to the FTB Pyramid map/pack), their general stuff like Tech World, Magic Pack, Lite, Infinity, etc? Is just... unimpressive.

Because make no mistake, Infinity is SEVERLY lacking in content in multiple areas as compared to even things like FTB Beta A from 1.4.7 days, the only saving grace is it included some MASSIVE content mods like IC2-Exp, TC4, and Botania. Take out the givens, you know the stuff that will be put into basically every pack ever without a good reason to take it out? Infinity is tiny and content poor.
I kinda wonder if Draconic Evolution ends up reducing how long it takes to "complete" infinity. A lot of the items in it make getting through other mods a breeze.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe you don't have any fancy plans or ideas now, but if you do you're gonna be facing a brick wall.
307pvs3.png

As did I, and now if I were to take the time to troubleshoot my gradle setup I could be writing mods fairly easily. It takes motivation and a willingness to continue when things fail.
I don't have any motivation anymore

Those are the kind of people who say they know notch. "Sure you do"
I had a person on YouTube commenting saying she was Notch's niece. About halfway through the resulting comment war something clicked with her and she started saying how yeah, it's totally true, because Herobrine's her dad!

When someone rages at you because "They've seen Herobrine!!!"

Last edited:

GreekAnalyzer

Jul 29, 2019
I'd really love to learn Python from any of you.
I'm also self-teaching Java, wrote a simple tip calculator program in Eclipse.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I find idiotic is the term "Vanilla Mod", Like the bird one and the Hydra Boss Fight. While I feel these projects are extremely cool, and can be very fun, they're not mods, they're in game creations. I feel this term is what spawned the ridiculous belief that actual mods are made using command blocks.
That... actually hurt, man. "Vanilla mod" is short for "vanilla modifications". They are as much mods as non-vanilla ones, though they are not the same type as the mods of which you speak, and also they cannot go for as wide a scope as them. However, for all intents and purposes they are mods. I have made four vmods that I'm updating currently, I'm working on a fifth, and they are some of my greatest projects. Also, pretty much nobody who thinks normal mods are made with command blocks is worth talking to.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I find idiotic is the term "Vanilla Mod", Like the bird one and the Hydra Boss Fight. While I feel these projects are extremely cool, and can be very fun, they're not mods, they're in game creations. I feel this term is what spawned the ridiculous belief that actual mods are made using command blocks.
That would mean sethbling is WAY up there then. Around the level of reika, kinglemming and other mahor mod devs

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
That... actually hurt, man. "Vanilla mod" is short for "vanilla modifications". They are as much mods as non-vanilla ones, though they are not the same type as the mods of which you speak, and also they cannot go for as wide a scope as them. However, for all intents and purposes they are mods. I have made four vmods that I'm updating currently, I'm working on a fifth, and they are some of my greatest projects. Also, pretty much nobody who thinks normal mods are made with command blocks is worth talking to.
Hey, don't get me wrong. They are fun, but they are not modifications. While they do change content within the game to work in such a way that it normally wouldn't, it is still operating within a set of parameters set by Mojang. If these were to truly classify these things as mods, then almost everything else would be a mod. "Yeah man, I am totally a modder, I made a dirt house schematic. Mojang never intended for dirt blocks to be placed in this exact arrangement, so it's totally a mod". Obviously these take more effort than what I described above, however they are both equally eligible to be considered a "vanilla mod". The term vanilla mod is also completely ridiculous, it's an oxymoron. Vanilla entails that there is no new or special features beyond what the base game provides, while mod entails that the user has edited the game in such a way that new or special features have been added to the base game. It's self contradicting by nature.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not familiar with how other games are being modded but some of them have fixed interfaces for scripting languages, basically a script interfaces with the game using commands. That would be not so unsimilar to "command block modding".
Maybe this is the modding API that Mojang promised us for so long? :p

Reactions: 1SDAN
Status
Not open for further replies.