Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Set him to spectator mode, and leave him in a world full of justin bieber pixel art.
Well, I would rather suggest Ariana Grande, as there's already a mod for that.
2014-03-08_13.54.21.png

Gamefury64

Jul 29, 2019
Death by Rotarycraft grinder.
Death by nucler meltdown.
Death by firing squad.

Some good methods of torture for greifers :D
Just keep teleporting them there so it keeps happening.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
That would mean sethbling is WAY up there then. Around the level of reika, kinglemming and other mahor mod devs
There are people better than SethBling. Also, as I said, vanilla mods don't have as large a scope as normal mods.

Hey, don't get me wrong. They are fun, but they are not modifications. While they do change content within the game to work in such a way that it normally wouldn't, it is still operating within a set of parameters set by Mojang. If these were to truly classify these things as mods, then almost everything else would be a mod. "Yeah man, I am totally a modder, I made a dirt house schematic. Mojang never intended for dirt blocks to be placed in this exact arrangement, so it's totally a mod". Obviously these take more effort than what I described above, however they are both equally eligible to be considered a "vanilla mod". The term vanilla mod is also completely ridiculous, it's an oxymoron. Vanilla entails that there is no new or special features beyond what the base game provides, while mod entails that the user has edited the game in such a way that new or special features have been added to the base game. It's self contradicting by nature.
But... they DO add new and special features. Building a dirt house isn't the same. A vanilla mod is very much like a normal mod, and it simulates a modded experience.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
There are people better than SethBling. Also, as I said, vanilla mods don't have as large a scope as normal mods.

But... they DO add new and special features. Building a dirt house isn't the same. A vanilla mod is very much like a normal mod, and it simulates a modded experience.
No, modding is specifically something that is not possible within the game. All "vanilla mods" are, end of story

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
That's the point. They aren't modifying the game. They are using mechanics in ways they aren't intended, but it isn't modification
It is modification. Modification by addition. Again, it's not the same type of mod as the ones you're talking about which require direct coding and interaction with the class files and APIs and such.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
It is modification. Modification by addition. Again, it's not the same type of mod as the ones you're talking about which require direct coding and interaction with the class files and APIs and such.
You aren't adding amything. Most command block "mods" are just like red stone contraptions, just generalized. Hell, red stone is Turing complete, so you could make anything in mc

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

As Reika said, you are warping the definition of a mod.

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
You aren't adding amything. Most command block "mods" are just like red stone contraptions, just generalized. Hell, red stone is Turing complete, so you could make anything in mc
No. Say I converted a laptop computer into a working hoverboard. What you're saying is like saying I didn't invent the hoverboard because the laptop already existed beforehand.
As Reika said, you are warping the definition of a mod.
Mod = modification as a noun, or modify as a verb

Status
Not open for further replies.